Who is Coaching Fairland?

DragonFan
Freshman Team

Who is Coaching Fairland?

Post by DragonFan »

Anybody know who is coaching the Fairland softball team this spring?

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

In my humble opinion, they should beg Leroy to come back. There is an old saying , you don't what you've got till its gone.

PIGSKIN
Freshman Team

Post by PIGSKIN »

Coach Baise did a good job while there. Not sure that he'd want to go back. Sometimes everyone needs to go forward. Wish the program would get off the ground though. The girls deserve to know who the coach is as well as does the coach. I'm wishing whoever coaches a great year and hope you can keep the players focused and the parents in the stands.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

I agree pig...don't think leroy would come back... he's not getting much love from there....what are you saying about the parents...are they not showing up in the stands to support? or are they trying to be the real coaches from the stands? :?

buckeye221
Freshman Team

Post by buckeye221 »

where is leroy coaching at now?

buckeyesoftball
Waterboy

Post by buckeyesoftball »

I don't think leroy is coaching anywhere this spring at the high school level. I know that he is working with his daughter on her pitching/softball skills. Rumor has it that they are working with the N C State pitching coach and the Ohio State Coaches. That is one thing that I have to give leroy he will spend the time and energy with the people that can really make him and his players better, not some of the local parent-professionals.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

it seems that there is a recurring theme here. Ya just gotta love those parents 8)

DragonFan
Freshman Team

Post by DragonFan »

same parents that are interferring with the basketball- the girls are tied for last place. unbelievable

buckeye221
Freshman Team

Post by buckeye221 »

that is sad to hear about Fairland! :(

I hope they bounce back soon...I know they will!

PIGSKIN
Freshman Team

Post by PIGSKIN »

At the risk of making a bad situation worse I'm not going into specifics with regard to Fairland (definately a reoccurring theme). I wish the team well and I definately wish "little Jess" well. She is a determined, bright, little girl. Good decision Coach.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

So, hate to bring up a sore subject, but...have the powers to be realized softball is starting and they need a coach? Have they hired anyone yet???

smartguy06
Freshman Team

Post by smartguy06 »

I do not think I have ever seen a school system where the parents act the way they do at Fairland. It is horrendous with the girls' programs and it is beginning to slowly trickle into the boys' programs. If I were asked to coach there, I know I wouldn't do it.

buckeyesoftball
Waterboy

I agree, they do have alot of things that they have to get corrected but won't because of the parents and the powers that be. Take a softball coach that has won two consecutive district coach of the year honors, 3 ovc coach of the year honors, and more awards for his players than all previous softball coaches at fairland put together and not one person try and keep him???????? Finally someone who won't play politics and bow down to the so-called softball expert. Maybe that is why he was so successfull because he didn't listen and he played the players where they would help the entire team not just one or two daughters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks coach Baise, you will be missed.[/b][/i]

PopCorn
Freshman Team

Fairland Softball

Post by PopCorn »

Three other schools border Fairland district. If Fairland can't come up with a coach or a program the girls are free to choose a bordering district to play for. Time is running out !

Just a thought !

"No One Has A Better Memory Than A Child Observing Their Parents!"
GoBUCKS2006
Waterboy

Post by GoBUCKS2006 »

if you look at the fairland softball website it says that Glen Dillon is the coach. You have to copy and paste it into a word file because the font on the website is messed up. Good luck to you Mr. Dillon, I hope you have a great season!

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

I had heard they hired a young guy. I was told his wife is an ex dragon softball player, so maybe she can help. I always like seeing ex players get into coaching. Hopefully she will help her hubby.

PIGSKIN
Freshman Team

Post by PIGSKIN »

I heard the same rumor. Coach Dillon congratulations! He is a junior high school teacher. His wife played for Fairland in the past. Her father is a pastor at a local church there. Nice family. I wish the team well. I wish everyone a good season with good work ethic, respect for one another and the game, and the rest will fall into place.

Again Coach Baise I wish you well too. You did an awesome job while there. I know you spent alot of extra time devoted to the game from getting the field ready, to scouting other teams, to going to training in Columbus. Thanks for all your hard work.

abuck76
SEOPS HO

Post by abuck76 »

Same here Leroy.... nothing against Coach Dillon, hope u do a great job....but old saying...u don't know what ya have til its gone, ;-)

sportsnut mom
Freshman Team

Re: Who is Coaching Fairland?

Post by sportsnut mom »

I've heard from several girls that they are not playing this year. Will there be enough to field a team? Rumors are always flying in Proctorvegas so does anyone know for sure?

buckeyesoftball
Waterboy

Re: Who is Coaching Fairland?

I heard that they will still field a team, but if you ask me some of the parents and powers that be are getting what they asked for. You take a specific couple of parents of a girl that drives her totally way to hard, and they think that they are softball experts who think they can coach and give them one season and see what happens. Their daughter who could be one of the best pitchers to ever come out of Fairland is not playing because she is burned out and 3 or 4 other girls who are tired of the same crap and this is what you get. I hope Fairland does well but some of the parents instead of supporting the old coach who worked very hard for the girls and did more for the program in 5 short years will side with someone who is only out for themselves and what they look and sound like.

I have question? How can Fairland girls youth basketball league have so many girls playing that they have atleast 10 teams per age group but cannot field but three or four softball teams. I heard that there is also going to be a drop in the number of softball teams this year as well. That's great get rid of the coach who worked very hard to build up the program and then not have anyone that wants to recruit for the little league and what do you think they will have in the future?

Return to “Softball”