SOC 1 best conference in Southeastern Ohio?

mattash
Site Admin

SOC 1 best conference in Southeastern Ohio?

Post by mattash »

They have great softball.

Symmes Valley, Clay, Green, Notre Dame, and East all good this year.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Re: SOC 1 best conference in Southeastern Ohio?

Post by ManitouDan »

I can't imagine any small school conference being better. Several teams are really solid. MD

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

From top to bottom as a whole.....NO.....The top teams are solid with Clay, Green, Symmes Valley and Notre Dame. But honestly the bottom half of the conference is weak...New Boston has only won a hand full of games same as Eastern and Western, East has won games but hasn't beat an at best average team even though they have played with teams somewhat like Symmes Valley...but has lost twice to Eastern, by Western once, New Boston once.

The_Sports_Junky
Varsity

Post by The_Sports_Junky »

East in trying to build a program. They have never had a great program that I know of. Most of their team are freshmen. There are 3 or 4 good players moving up next year and in two years they will have some more move up and help. Next year they will be stronger. In two years they will be hard to beat. I know it's hard to wait but I know these younger players have heart.They work hard and love the game. When all these players come together they will play hard and get some wins. Megan is doing her best on the mound but the poor girl needs a rest. Haley will step in to help her next year. I'm telling you East will be in the running for many SOC titles soon.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Why dont you pitch Nik and rest them. She can do it!! With the record you have it cant hurt.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

i agree that some of the teams at the bottom are weak BUT is there another small school conference thats strong from top to bottom in southern ohio ? The top teams are really good. What other conference has 4 teams as strong as Clay ND SV, and Green ? MD

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Manito

No, but he didn't say small conference...he said best conference in SouthEast Ohio. They maybe top 4 behind in no order the SOC II, SEOAL, and possible the OVS, SVC.

Sports_Junky your East is on their way to having a program and be in the running for the SOC I but still a couple years away...I think the last time they had a winning season was when they had Sara Wiltshire(spelling) pitching and I can't remember if they won the SOC that year or not, if they didn't I think they lost it by a game.

Now Ozzie, you know she doesn't want to pitch she wants to play 3rd....lol. Also Williams is a good pitcher and has been pitching better the last couple games along with cutting her walks down.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

you are correct , I misread it. Yeah the bigger schools (SOC I) have stronger programs, SEOAL has way bigger schools, How would they match up against OVS and SVC ? MD

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

There would be some good games between Peake and the top couple teams in the SOC I. The bottom half of the OVC is not that great, East has beat Coal Grove both times they played and was scheduled to play Fairland or South Point in the thunder in the valley when it rained. Westfall I think could give a couple of teams in the top tier of the SOC I a game also like Notre Dame.

However if you take the SOC as a whole and not split it into two division I think I would have to take the SOC over any conference in SouthEast ohio....with Wheelersburg, West, Clay, Green, Notre Dame, Symmes Valley, and Waverly as the top teams and then you add in South Webster, East, Northwest, Valley, New Boston, Eastern, Western, Oak Hill with the top teams other than a couple of teams they are competitive...and Eastern it seems is playing with teams but like alot of teams just makes a mistake at the wrong time that takes a game away from them.

drrabbit
All State

Post by drrabbit »

I would take SOC II over SOC I this year but that is how it should be since SOC II teams are bigger than SOC I teams. The SVC traditionally had some very good teams over the years and that some years have been the top in the district. SOC is always mixing it up at some level and probably has more final four appearances in this sport than any other conference in the SE.

This year, Wheelersburg is arguably the best team in the SOC (undefeated in the SOC II and easily beat Clay) but West, Minford and Northwest have all had some incredible teams with Waverly obviously on the rise now. For the SOC I teams Clay was dominant in the early years of the sport while Symmes Valley has a nice program and various other teams do well in spells.

The cream tend to rise to the top in the tournament and hopefully we will see some local teams in the final four once more and maybe in three different state divisions...

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

what conference does Wellston play in ? They had a big win over Clay over the weekend MD

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Wellston I believe is in the TVC

battlecats
JV Team

Post by battlecats »

I think the last time East won an SOC it was in '01 or '02 when they had that streak of winning all those basketball titles.

Return to “Softball”