Local ASA Teams

PirateMike
Waterboy

Local ASA Teams

Post by PirateMike »

I am just courious as to what to expect out of Scioto County in the Milton tourny this weekend. Has any of the local teams played yet or scrimmaged, and if so what was the outcome. Also, what Scioto County teams are playing in Milton. I dont know about the other age groups but in the 12U I am expecting Mountain Thunder to be one of the stronger teams in the tournament.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Re: Local ASA Teams

Post by ManitouDan »

Baseburners 12u will be there according to what was passed on to me.

Wild Thang 12'u s will be there. We saw the TNT Explosion yesterday in a DH friendly. Pretty good group , They are all 11's this year so kinda young but this group won the 10u ASA Eastern natl's last year in Pa. They threw 4 different girls , all were adequate pitchers. All threw strikes. Pretty nice to have 4 girls on a team that can pitch.

1st game was 10-10 tie, 2nd was 4-2 TNT. The Jekyll and Hyde stuff that we showed playing indoors in Ind was on display. No D the 1st game, No O the 2nd. Hopefully we won't be so ........ ?? bipolar ?? We have been very good and very bad, all in the same weekend. Guess thats part of watching/coaching 11-12s.

I'm looking foward to it. MD

PirateMike
Waterboy

Post by PirateMike »

Sounds like TNT needs to go to some of the A level tourneys. Which of their pitchers did the WTs have trouble hitting against. The taller blonde girl and the Lefty?

SBlover
Freshman Team

Post by SBlover »

The Scioto Storm may be at the MIlton tourney this weekend. Depending if the Jr. High tournaments begin this weekend.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

PirateMike wrote:Sounds like TNT needs to go to some of the A level tourneys. Which of their pitchers did the WTs have trouble hitting against. The taller blonde girl and the Lefty?

Yes Yes Yes and Yes --Honestly other than their # 1 the other 2 are average for 12u ,(very good for 11 yr olds ) The 4th, the little lefty is soooo crafty for a young kid . It's like she throws each batter 8 pitches, everyone of them either an inch off the plate or right on the black. Looks like someone you would pound but her control is very very good. And her ball moves , no doubt about her throwing a drop/curve , her pitch slides nicely.

we played really poorly , nothing much else can be said .We wil see how it shakes out in Milton. MD

COACH1
Riding the Bench

Post by COACH1 »

Baseburners 10,12,14 under will be at Milton, MD you said that T&T has 4 good pitchers that throws strikes was it a hit fest or what in the first game 10 to 10 sounds like both teams hit the ball in the first game or both teams had a bunch of mistakes. the 2nd game sounds like both teams worked out the wrinkles because 10 runs in a softball game don't seem right most of the time when you score 10 runs the game is over in 5. MD hope you have the wrinkles worked out for Milton tournament good luck.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Thanks Coach1--The 1st game was just a disaster for us on D . We just kicked the ball around. We did'nt walk hardly anyone, just could'nt throw straight . Their D was pretty loose also, and they took the opportunity to move alot of girls around/play everyone/experiment aliitle. Their girl walked a few , but they had an inning where fielding a bunt was a real adventure for them. I'd say both sides are capable of far better. Felt like a spring training game to be honest.

Our D was pretty good in game 2 , but that sneaky lefty ! We just could'nt time her --If you get a ump with a wide strike zone (the ump that day was fine) she would be maddening. Her speed/appearance is not much, her control is killer. She gets as much curve on the ball as any 12u kid I've seen . She starts it outside and breaks it across the outside corner. Pitch after pitch after pitch on the corner, at least it was that day. Good luck up there --hope the scouting report helps. Their tall blonde who I assume is their # 1 is pretty fine. Nothing you have not seen before , just pretty solid. They are very well coached. MD

SBlover
Freshman Team

Post by SBlover »

The Scioto Storm will be at the MIlton(guess now Barboursville) tournament this weekend..Excited to see what this bunch of girls can do together.. :razz: Good Luck to everyone who will be there this weekend...Let's hope no rain!!!

sftblfrk
Freshman Team

Post by sftblfrk »

Yes ALL Milton tournaments have been moved. No ASA tourneys @ Milton.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

80% chance of RAIN on sat according to weather.com That stinks, been dry forever , the radar shows a bunch of rain moving thru ind/illinois heading our way, maybe it will break up some. Sunday looks good , only 20% chance ---the rest of you who are making the trip --driving back or hotel ??? We planned on this being a drive/play but with gas prices several of our families are staying. (but we are scheduled to play at 6;30 pm on sat pm) MD

SBlover
Freshman Team

Post by SBlover »

We are staying Saturday night..Goin up tomorrow at 9am..OUr first game is at 11:40(I think it had changed from the other day..) Then again at 2 something then 3 somethin.

Underdog2006
Freshman Team

Post by Underdog2006 »

Good Luck to all Scioto County Teams this weekend. Better yet, good luck to all teams. I'm sure everyone will be a little rusty this weekend, but there is no other place I'd rather be. Once again,"Good Luck," hope everyone has a safe and injury free weekend.

Scioto Storm 14u

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Best of luck to the Storm ---I'll be rooting for you MD

Return to “Softball”