Rio Grande Indoor League, Thoughts, Scores, Players

zerotosixtynforty
JV Team

Rio Grande Indoor League, Thoughts, Scores, Players

Post by zerotosixtynforty »

Rio Grande indoor league Starts this Sunday, Whos playing this season?

Heard Taylor M, pitcher-1B travelball & HS & Regina L, SS-catcher-pitcher travelball & HS, Juniors from Belpre, . . anyone else playing????

Believe Taylor W. SS-OF travelball & HS

ChillSoftball
Freshman Team

Re: Rio Grande Indoor League, Thoughts, Scores, Players

Post by ChillSoftball »

Chillicothe is sending down 13 players. I think their whole potential starting lineup for 2010 (minus the senior girl that plays b-ball). Not the greatest league but a chance to get the pitchers and hitters some live action.

zerotosixtynforty
JV Team

cutekid, sounds like what ur bringing and what were bringing we could have at least 3 teams. . . any more out there coming sunday. . .we play at 12:30 pm. . c ya there. . ..

zerotosixtynforty
JV Team

1st round of games played, small observation, seen good pitcher in first game on winning team, both pitchers for the losing team had good moments just alittle control problems at times,. . .not sure what team was who? first weekend and teams didn't have uniforms yet. . .

second game was a pitcher duel for first 4 innings, then switch by one team and the winning team found her with hits and agressive baserunning. . .

stayed to watch some of the third game and one team looked stronger than the other, just maybe a young team. . .pitching was only ok for both at least for the 1st couple of innings, but looked as if other pitchers,(while warming up) looked to be possibly stronger. . . .

nothing beats some live pitching in the off season. . .but this is time for work on new pitches for pitchers and slapping for hitters for timing. . . don't know who from who just seen some ladies (at least wearing shirts/hoodies) from Gallia, Wellston, Minford, Southern, Alexander, Belpre, Richie county(WV), st albans (WV), PHS (WV), just from what i could see. . .anyone else there that i didn't see? please post. . .tks. . ..

good luck ladies and keep working hard . . .

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

thanks for the report , keep it coming. we have travel ball practice on sundays so we could'nt participate. MD

domas
Riding the Bench

Post by domas »

there is no uniforms ever in Rio League....the girls will get a shirt on the last game or mailed in the mail after season that says Rio Grande SB,,thats it as far as unis go....

I know that there was girls there from Eastern Pike, southern and Notre Dame just who I noticed from setting there plus the ones from above.....

Girls just usually wear whatever they want...it is nice to see them in the school that they come from, but if they are a travel teams usually they just wear the same color of T-shirt like all green or whatever.....

Rio is very casual and rough..BUT like mentioned above..its hard to beat live pitching in the off season....

See you Sunday

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson won the 1st game vs Chillicothe. Jessica Apsley pitched the first 4 innings. She is a jr for the Ironladies.

zerotosixtynforty
JV Team

does any know who notifies if they cancel games for sundays???? just wondering. . . .

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

do they use pick up players ? my kid is off tommorrow MD

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Yeah......we used a pick up player today.

I'm far from in charge...but if you are there before 11:00 and a team needs a player......I'd imagine you'd get to play.

ChillSoftball
Freshman Team

Post by ChillSoftball »

I hope someone can help. One of our Chillicothe girls lost her catcher's mitt at the Rio indoor on January 3rd. She placed it on top of her bag and when she returned it was gone. If someone has picked it up or knows of its whereabouts please let me know.

Thanks guys

zerotosixtynforty
JV Team

will be on the look out and will check with our girls,....did she check with Rio folks? one of our girls lost/misplaced her glove and they had pick it up. . .good luck. . .

the west virginia team won their game vs the jackson team. . .Becca our lefty pitcher pitch a nice game with Taylor coming in relief. . .agressive base running was the key for their win. . .Jackson though young as told by coach did a good job. . .and scored late in the ball game with some back to back hits. .

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

The WV team was impressive. The SS's arm was one of the best HS girl's arms I'd ever seen.

cutekid...our team checked to no avail

ChillSoftball
Freshman Team

Post by ChillSoftball »

Ironman, we did find it, thank you. I've heard about the same SS and from what I hear, she's a beast.

zerotosixtynforty
JV Team

1/17 Update: WV team wins vs a young team with some up n coming players. . .Pitcher(s) for WV team are doing a very nice job on the floor. . .combined with good hitting, great bunting/slapping, and aggressive base running WV team(half of which r from ohio) can have a great indoor season. . .continued good luck to all teams and hope all stay injury free for rest of indoor season. . . many of the WV team are products from the MOV Flamin' Fury Organization 14U & 16U teams and know that they r forming new teams for the up n coming travelball season. . .so if ur interested n playing some travelball and would like to be part of a great organization "PM" me ur bio and/or contact information and i will pass it on to one of our coaches. season tourny schedule is just about complete with 8 to 10 tournys. . they have 12U, 14U, 16u, & newly forming 18U teams looking for diamonds in the ruff. . .Continued success and would like to know how the other indoor teams r doing this season. . .

ChillSoftball
Freshman Team

Post by ChillSoftball »

Hey zero,

does Amy Noe pitch for the WV team? If so, they played Chillicothe yesterday. Just wondering.

mwitteki8888
Waterboy

Post by mwitteki8888 »

Cutekid.

Lanham played Chillicothe Sunday Jan 17. The WV team played a young Wellston team, all 13 year olds, and no Amy Noe does not pitch for the WV team. What area is she from?

fast1
Riding the Bench

Post by fast1 »

Amy plays school ball for GAHS. As for summer ball, she last played for KC Diamond Gems.

Fury27
Riding the Bench

Post by Fury27 »

West Virginia played Lanham today at the Rio Grande indoor league.....just wondering where the girls were from, what high school will they play for? I had heard from one of our parents that it was Wheelersburg, but I wasn't for sure. I know that they didn't have all of their girls there today, but still a good team.
Good pitching too!!!!!! I think we may be trying to play a couple of double headers the next few Sundays, and the Lanham team may be one of the teams that we play an extra game with....just wondering where they were from......Thanks

zerotosixtynforty
JV Team

WV team wins both games of double header this past sunday, another fine outing for the WV pitchers. . .Kelsey pitched very well, with Taylor, Becca, & Regina getting innings on the rubber,...that with timely hits and very aggressive base running WV team looks very tough to beat this season. . . .though they have seen some good pitchers this season and some young very promising up n coming players. . . . just wish the roof/ceiling was a bit higher. . . .any others thoughts, scores, updates?????

Return to “Softball”