Jackson @ Ironton

04/23
Marietta @ Warren

05/01
Jackson @ Portsmouth

05/05
Day of Champions---TBD

as per LDN
Last edited by noreply66 on Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:07 am, edited 6 times in total.

sportnut
Riding the Bench

Re: SEOAL Standings

Post by sportnut »

I LOVE SOFTBALL!
Last edited by sportnut on Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

sballfan2010
Freshman Team

Post by sballfan2010 »

sportnut wrote:I'm really surprised w/ the Ironton team. They came out hitting strong and then nothing. This team has alot of potential w/ a little coaching. They never steal bases and always have the opportunity but are never sent. The catcher has been the same for several yrs. & had a runner on third w/ one out and she throws the batter out @ first. Hold the ball or @ least fake the throw to get the third base runner to leave base. You have to know where to make the plays and the coaches should know that they have to stop the runs. If you have a pitcher in that is hitting the batters and your walking runs in after runs, pull her hind end out. You don't wait 4 or 5 innings to make the adjustment when its too late to recooperate. This team seriously needs to learn to bunt the ball and to run. They can't seem to move. That kills us when the opponent is bunting as well. The errors thats made ea. and every game....too many. If the upper, lazy, classmen are too lazy and not interested in being there and their minds are on getting to the beaver. Well, we've got a whole lot of potential talent wasting on that bench that would love the opportunity to play. It's like this. IT COULDN'T HURT COULD IT?

I would put Ironton's catcher up against any of the catchers out there. She has been playing for a long time and IF she makes a mistake they are very few and far between.

As for the "upper, lazy classmen" I will tell you this. My daughter is the Sr pitcher and works her behind off every time she's out there; she gives 110% each and every time. Did she have a bad game the other night? Maybe it wasn't her best game but that was one bad game with a couple of errors or missed opportunities behind her, she's been on all season so far and will continue to work her hardest each game she pitches. All of the sr's give their all both on and off the field, they are true student athletes all playing multiple sports, some being on student council, club officers, honor students and the top of their class. I don't consider that "lazy".

Have the Lady Tigers been hitting like they did in the beginning of the season? No but you can’t expect Nikki and Alex to hit it out of the park every game. The pressure of everyone expecting them to hit it out each time they get up is what makes them try a too hard.

Is there talent on the bench, yes but I made the mistake my daughter’s first year thinking that just because you have talent in LL or Sr. L doesn't make you a starter as a HS player, it's a whole different ball game. Do we have freshies that should be starters? Some but not all and the one who is starting each game should be there all others will have their time.

I believe the Tigers are 5 and 2 on the season, IMO not a bad record so far with many more games to come. I believe this year’s team to be one of the best in a long time and I see them going far with patience and support. Good luck Lady Tigers.
Last edited by sballfan2010 on Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sjmcg
Waterboy

Post by sjmcg »

sportnut wrote:I'm really surprised w/ the Ironton team. They came out hitting strong and then nothing. This team has alot of potential w/ a little coaching. They never steal bases and always have the opportunity but are never sent. The catcher has been the same for several yrs. & had a runner on third w/ one out and she throws the batter out @ first. Hold the ball or @ least fake the throw to get the third base runner to leave base. You have to know where to make the plays and the coaches should know that they have to stop the runs. If you have a pitcher in that is hitting the batters and your walking runs in after runs, pull her hind end out. You don't wait 4 or 5 innings to make the adjustment when its too late to recooperate. This team seriously needs to learn to bunt the ball and to run. They can't seem to move. That kills us when the opponent is bunting as well. The errors thats made ea. and every game....too many. If the upper, lazy, classmen are too lazy and not interested in being there and their minds are on getting to the beaver. Well, we've got a whole lot of potential talent wasting on that bench that would love the opportunity to play. It's like this. IT COULDN'T HURT COULD IT?

Wow, I'm surprised at how your talking about our girls. If you are a so called Ironton fan, then why would you put this crap on here. I'm shocked and disqusted that you would point out one player and put so much blame on her. Does everyone have off nights, yes. I'm sure "if" you have a daughter on this team, they are not perfect. Your comment about being more worried about going to the beaver does tell me who you are though.

The team has taken some tough loses. They've won games as a team and have lost as a team. Your attitude is exactly what they don't need.

As for you comment on the catcher, that happens to be my daughter. Let me tell you she works her butt off. I can guarantee you that she cares more about her mistakes than you ever could. She's also her own worse critic so she doesn't need to read this crap. Be an adult.

inthezone
Waterboy

Post by inthezone »

My biggest issue with the lady tigers is the lack of bunting and stealing. They never try to create anything or put pressure on the defense. This goes back to coaching of the lack of it.

inthezone
Waterboy

Post by inthezone »

whats the beaver?

sportnut
Riding the Bench

Post by sportnut »

I LOVE SOFTBALL
Last edited by sportnut on Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

sportnut
Riding the Bench

Post by sportnut »

I LOVE SOFTBALL
Last edited by sportnut on Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

gahs4ever wrote:I dont know why we need two threads on the SEOAL, but I will tell you my opinion of the Ironton-GAHS game as seen from the dugout.

Some of you people need to be more patient and understanding of the game. Your girls DID try to steal or got caught off base two of the four times they had baserunners, but the score was at least 7-0 when they did it, and it made no sense to run yourselves out of an inning when you were so far behind.

Secondly I had a talk with one of the Ironton players after the game and she was understandably disappointed (thats when the kids need their fans the most). I told her that it was exactly a week ago that we blew a 7th inning lead and gave up ten runs in one inning to Warren. That game isnt an indication of how good and bad either team is. It was an aberration and can happen in softball/baseball. We shook off that loss and have won five in a row since; two by mercy rule.

Our pitcher is a four year starter in the circle and all I can tell you is I wouldnt want to have to hit against her. She's only walked 2 in nearly 30 innings, spread out four harmless singles last Wednesday, and our team played air tight defense behind her. In other words, in that one particular game there werent any opportunities for Ironton to mount a threat.

You have some nice athletes and a beautiful new facility. I told our girls after infield that there isnt a bad hop anywhere on the place.

There is still a DH to be played between the two friendly rivals a week from Saturday in Gallipolis, and six more league games to put in the book before a South champion will be crowned. A lot of games, even more innings, and hopefully a continuance of the incredible early spring weather.

Where is the other one?

I just saw the one that just has the South.

BLUE84n82
Riding the Bench

Post by BLUE84n82 »

Its really sad to read all this garbage posted between "adults" about student atheletes. Softball is just a game, a really great game just for girls. Its just not right to be soo critical about 15-18 yr old young ladies. I m sure they are all trying there best. I was at the Gallia I-town game. Yes Gallia won by a bunch, yes Ironton made some mistakes, those things happen. We just happen to be on a roll and have a pretty good team. Things may be different next time we play. I didnt see any Ironton girls being "lazy". Having a daughter graduate last year and now play college ball and having a daughter a Sr on the Blue team, I have seen hundreds of softball games over the last several years. That doesnt make me an expert, just seasoned. But i will say this about Ironton, I see improvement at every level of their game. The pitching has improved, defense has improved, and your now talking about girls hitting the ball out. That IS improvement. These things take time. What the girls need is encouragement, not tearing down. Once they graduate, its over for the most part. They will never forget the good times, or.... the bad.
Good luck the rest of the way, I will always root for the Angels, but ALWAYS support the kids regardless where they go to school.

ItownHosscat
S

Post by ItownHosscat »

This Ironton team has alot of talent.And they will win the biggest part of their games.Its not good to see the parents bickering.The girls dont need that.
As someone who has coached these girls and against them in the past, know how good they can be.Lazy,not really laid back,oh yeah,but that can be a good thing too esp. when the pressure is on.
As for the catcher,Emily was always one of my top picks every year.Why?
Heart! Emily would catch a doubleheader in 100 degree weather and never,NEVER utter the first word about being hot,tired,sore,thirsty.She is also a good catcher/hitter/leader.
As someone who has caught thousands of pitches from my daughter it aint easy with the movement they can put on those softballs.Kylie,Karlie,and Rebecka all throw different pitches.Trust me,if Emily goes down like she did at Gallia a few years ago Ironton is hurting,not saying she cant be replaced but they cant replace back at her level.
Good luck to the Tigers this year,I hope you go far.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Warren 5 - Chilli 2. Warren 16 - Chilli 1

Blue Chick#2
Waterboy

Post by Blue Chick#2 »

I couldn't agree more with Blue 82n84!!! I wasn't at the game, but being a former player I can not ever recall any player being "lazy". I also think it is sad that there is arguing between people. Softball (for me and probably most of the players who play softball) is one of my most favorite things in the world to do! But, it can also be a very stressful and hurtful thing if people put me down about it. That can hurt a person in sooooo many ways!!! Encouragement is KEY!!! Everyone who plays softball knows that!! Keep it up girls!!! Good luck to all the teams in the SEOAL!! GOOOOO BLUE ANGELS!!!!

sportnut
Riding the Bench

Post by sportnut »

congrads to the lady tigers on their DH @ Jackson yesterday. I wasn't able to make the game but have heard nothing but praise about everyones hard work. Keep it up. The earlier post was not to tear away at any player again I think I did say that. I love ea. and every one of those kids. I was only trying to point out that the kids do not always see everything that they should or need to and that the coaches (3 of them) can help by pointing out things. I do believe I've never seen a coach that never had to get on a kid for not hustling, not listening, paying attention or other things. A coach is there to coach for a reason and as I said before, this team has tremendous talent and they have to play consistant and talk to each other. That's all. Nice job lady tigers. I'm very proud to say you are my team and look forward to watching the game Tuesday.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

updated

outlawfan80
Waterboy

Post by outlawfan80 »

Any updates?

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

outlawfan80 wrote:Any updates?

I think in the south that Ironton and Gallia are tied at 6-2 with one game to play(not against each other), and in the South:

Warren 6-1 (plays Chilli tomorrow and Marietta Friday)
Marietta 4-3 (plays at Logan tomorrow and at Warren)
Logan 4-4
Chilli 1-7

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

updated --before Wednesdays games

Return to “Softball”