Warren at Jackson - SEOAL on the line

mhs95_06
S

Warren at Jackson - SEOAL on the line

Post by mhs95_06 »

Would have liked to see this game and especially the defenses play today, but even though I took vacation the last two days, just too much other good stuff I want to do. I see Wednesday that Warren gave up only one run even though Logan had 4 hits and 7 bases on balls. If Warren pitching will click in and limit the free passes, they could really be tough.

May 12th, my birthday, is a day where I'd like to see about 4 D2 teams play for a chance to advance from sectional to district play, which will be played about 150 miles away from my home the following week. Hopefully they'll all be playing someone else May 12, but they'll all probably be playing at the same time, probably also about the time hopefully Marietta College baseball will be playing at home for another OAC baseball championship I'd like to see. So much good stuff going on a fan can't even to see a third of what he'd like -- just about like the end of basketball season!

Somebody please give a good report on this big game.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Re: Warren at Jackson - SEOAL on the line

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Jackson 9
Warren 3

Congrats to Jackson. Some key hits and caught a lot of line drives.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

YES!!!

Way to go Ironladies!!! TEAM!

The Jackson Ironladies win their first SEOAL title since 1979. Jackson must win at Logan to avoid sharing it....but have clinched at least a share.

GREAT approaches at the plate all night....great pitching and great defense! Earlier in the year we couldn't get out of the first inning as their speed killed us....tonight they did it again but we fielded a bunt fired to first and fired and the second baseman covering first fired it home for the inning ending double play. Our bottom of the first we battle and battle and battle and with bases loaded freshman Sam Humphreys drills what proved to be the game-winning grand slam.

Later on we leave the bases loases and then Warren hit a couple bloops and a hit and we threw the ball around some and it's 4-3 with 1 out....but Kacee Jenkins never flinched and worked out of the inning. Jackson got it going again and kept adding on with great at bat after great at bat.

Whew!

Kacee Jenkins gets the win to move to 12-3 (8-1)

Jackson moves to 9-0 at home.

Great job Ironladies!!!

Whew! 5 games in 5 nights...again...tired? mentally drained...nah, best game they have played all year.

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

Great report. Congrats to the Ironladies!

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

From the Warren side of things...Too many walks and a couple of errors set up Jackson for some timely hits. Give the IronLadies credit...they can hit. Warren just couldn't get a clutch hit last night. The Lady Warriors hit some rockets but right at Jackson's fielders who didn't crack. They are a great team and it was a great game. Congrats to the Ironladies again...they earned it by beating a very solid Warren team.

footballfanatic1
All Conference

Post by footballfanatic1 »

What a game. what a season . Man the crowd was pumped the whole evening was unbelieveable. GREAT JOB IRONLADIES. From what the parents were saying you put in the hard work as younger athletes and it paid off. Great coaching also.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Yeah...the one thing I forget to mention was the opponent. Warren Local is excellent. The game we played at their place was the best team we faced all season. A good coaching staff with good kids. They have the most team speed from top to bottom of any team I've seen all year. They are one of the top teams of a very tough schedule and will have the opportunity for a long postseason run.

coachperWHS
Riding the Bench

Post by coachperWHS »

Congratulations to the IronLadies and to Coach Kunz on the SEOAL championship.

Return to “Softball”