Riding the Bench

soc 2

Post by sports87 »

who is the team to watch for?

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Re: soc 2

Post by ManitouDan »

?? lot of changes and talented new faces .. Valley enters a new era after B Dillow , but the Indians are far from empty handed , D-1 verbal to Ball St Kayla Koch , and under rated Mary Milizio ( sp ? ) and very talented B Cooper still remain. West brings back a bunch from last year, inc their two pitchers . Minford didnt graduate many and still has hard throwing Jr K Conkey . Burg returns alot . quite a bit of depth in the league again . Looking forward to seeing the highest level recruit this area has seen in Burg freshman Michaeal Cunningham.. SEC and Big Ten are already calling, been watching her all of 2012 with summer travel team. She can do it all but pitch ... and she isnt too bad at that . And fellow frosh Laiken Salyers is a strong addt' also. should be a fun season with several teams able to knock off anyone at any time .

bron99
Riding the Bench

Post by bron99 »

ManitouDan wrote:?? lot of changes and talented new faces .. Valley enters a new era after B Dillow , but the Indians are far from empty handed , D-1 verbal to Ball St Kayla Koch , and under rated Mary Milizio ( sp ? ) and very talented B Cooper still remain. West brings back a bunch from last year, inc their two pitchers . Minford didnt graduate many and still has hard throwing Jr K Conkey . Burg returns alot . quite a bit of depth in the league again . Looking forward to seeing the highest level recruit this area has seen in Burg freshman Michaeal Cunningham.. SEC and Big Ten are already calling, been watching her all of 2012 with summer travel team. She can do it all but pitch ... and she isnt too bad at that . And fellow frosh Laiken Salyers is a strong addt' also. should be a fun season with several teams able to knock off anyone at any time .
Have to agree with Dan on this one....Burg and Valley are the front runners IMO.
I would love to say Waverly will make a decent run but after burg and valley the rest of the soc2 will have to battle each other for a third place finish..I still see a few players from several teams getting reconized for quality play this year as Dan mentioned above but there are a few others that will make a difference on their team as well.
Good luck to all Fastpitch young ladies and their teams this year.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Minford also has transfer Ally Allen...she'll help

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Waverly has d-1 verbal Lyndsay Ward , verbal to MD's alma mater -- Morehead st U . :)

West Sider
Varsity

Post by West Sider »

Portsmouth West

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

ManitouDan wrote:Waverly has d-1 verbal Lyndsay Ward , verbal to MD's alma mater -- Morehead st U . :)
SS?

Waverly should be excellent. They return most everyone I believe and their JV team seemed full of girls that made you wonder how the heck they weren't on varsity.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Ward catches .

toast
All State

Post by toast »

I believe Waverly beat everyone in the league last year at least once, with the exception of Valley. And as we know Valley didn't lose until late in their tournament run.

The tigers return all but two starters and the JV team only lost once. Very strong freshman class to boot.

The league appears to be pretty well balanced after Valley. They "are" the team to beat.

bragdad2305
Riding the Bench

Post by bragdad2305 »

IMO, the SOC 2 is wide open this year. Valley has relied on Dillow the last 4 years to sit people down and on their heavy hitters like Koch and Cooper to make timely hits. Koch can step up to the mound but she has not pitched in how long, especially after shoulder surgery in the offseason. I also couldn't give you one name of a freshman that might make an impact either which could be costly for the Indians. I look for each minford, waverly, west, wheelersburg, and valley to have 1, if not 2, losses each and a tie between some of those teams for SOC title this season.

Buckeye24
Varsity

Post by Buckeye24 »

I can't believe more people aren't talking about West. They are only losing two (maybe three?) seniors from last year, so this is basically the same team that went to regionals last year, only with more experience. I think if anybody is a favorite for winning the SOC II this year, it should be West.

black76
JV Team

Post by black76 »

West wins SOC 2.

Hunting185
Riding the Bench

Post by Hunting185 »

I can't believe nobody is saying anything about minford! Good pitcher gets you long ways!!!

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Well I guess I can post a little for Minford, but I don't want to give to much gossip at this point. Kelsey Conkey returns for the Falcons on the mound and will be pounding out many hits at the plate. We did lose 3 seniors last year, but the bulk of the lineup returns. Look for the Falcons to compete in the conference this season.

GreenGrass
Freshman Team

Post by GreenGrass »

I beleive Minford will be in the mix this season - there is only one senior on this team and several extremely talented juniors (including Conkey) along with a couple of talented sophomores that will return with varsity experience. Throw some solid freshman in the mix and I think we will see some good team ball from the ladies.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Looks like a very competitive wide open league. But the question still begs to be answered.....can anyone beat Valley? I believe they lost only one starter from last years undefeated team.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

The softball season kinda mirrors the hoops season that just finished ... VERY deep and very talented league the SOC2 has this year ... Burg , west , Valley , Minford and waverly all with good squads .

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

Can't wait till season gets underway. My Falcons get some serious competition before season starts as Minford will be heading to the Cal Ripken Experience tourney down in South Carolina. May just be the thing the Falcons need, with the sort of competition they will be facing. I will let all know results as soon as I get them.
Go Lady Falcons!

High Plains Drifter
Freshman Team

Post by High Plains Drifter »

Hows practice looking so far?

High Plains Drifter
Freshman Team

Post by High Plains Drifter »

Prolly go with West also, not hearing good things in Falcon country.

Return to “Softball”