Kudos to O.H.S.F.S.C.A

HHSSoftball
Riding the Bench

Kudos to O.H.S.F.S.C.A

Post by HHSSoftball »

Last night I had the privilege of attending the Ohio High School Fast pitch Softball Coaches Association banquet for all - Ohio softball players. I was extremely impressed with the banquet and the great length this association goes to in honoring these young ladies for their accomplishments. If ever given the opportunity, you should make it a point to attend this event and would love to see other coaches associations follow this lead in recognizing their all state athletes. For you nay sayers, please do not use this thread to provoke an onslaught of the selection process (there are other threads to express your opinions regarding this). I just wanted to thank the O.H.S.F.S.C.A. and express how impressed I was with this event.

Gopher
Varsity

Re: Kudos to O.H.S.F.S.C.A

Post by Gopher »

I agree. Very well organized, however attendance this year seemed way down from last year. Definately an event to experience if awarded the opportunity.

WGR13
Waterboy

Post by WGR13 »

Had my #1 travel ball pitcher attend this. The only problem was when they chose to have the awards banquet. On a Sunday evening... when your trying to play deep in tournament play. She had to leave after our first game. Not sure why they didn't have it in the middle of the week as not to interfer with the travel ball season.

Gopher
Varsity

Post by Gopher »

32sMom wrote:Had my #1 travel ball pitcher attend this. The only problem was when they chose to have the awards banquet. On a Sunday evening... when your trying to play deep in tournament play. She had to leave after our first game. Not sure why they didn't have it in the middle of the week as not to interfer with the travel ball season.
I would agree with having it later in the evening, maybe 8:00, but mid -week would probably cause a lower attendance because of parents working and not being able to drive from all over the state to make it. I think it is kinda cool to see HS players show up in their summer ball uniforms right off the field, shows you the committment they have to the sport. JMO

Return to “Softball”