West at ND on WED 5-8-13

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

West at ND on WED 5-8-13

Post by ManitouDan »

Should be a good SOC 1 - SOC2 matchup Wed at ND at 5pm. Welch has pretty much kept West in every game this season only giving up 2-3 runs at the most every time out . Harr has been shutting down the SOC1 . I'd expect a low scoring game and as always Defensive Wins , last regular season home game for the Titans . Come out and enjoy some good SEO fastpitch. MD

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Re: West at ND on WED 5-8-13

Post by ManitouDan »

Must be something about west And contraversy at third base .. Lead off intentionally gets in a run down .. Nd tags her out without even a slide at third .. Same ump from last week says I didn't see the play ... Makes no call .. Ump conference ... Safe ... Very very bad piece of umpiring ... 1-0 west after one .

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

2-1 ND after 3 ... Sac fly RBI Phillips . RBI single Pauley ..

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

2-2 to the bottom of 5 .. RBI doub Hogard .

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

3-2 nd to top of 6 .. RBI sac fly Pauley after Swipe of 2-3rd by Phillips .

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

3-2 to top of 7 .. West has 5,6,7 up

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

4-3 west .. Double creamans .. Two errors .. West takes lead .

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

RBI single ride out .. 5-3

Buckeye24
Varsity

Post by Buckeye24 »

ManitouDan wrote:Must be something about west And contraversy at third base .. Lead off intentionally gets in a run down .. Nd tags her out without even a slide at third .. Same ump from last week says I didn't see the play ... Makes no call .. Ump conference ... Safe ... Very very bad piece of umpiring ... 1-0 west after one .
She had her foot on the bag and was shoved off. I had a clear view of it.

Buckeye24
Varsity

Post by Buckeye24 »

And as I say that, an ND player is called out at 3rd that should've been safe.

Buckeye24
Varsity

Post by Buckeye24 »

West wins 6-3

STUDS ONLY
Waterboy

Post by STUDS ONLY »

Nice W senators. Build off this win going to the tourny!!!
Congrats to coach Phil and the lady senators.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

Funny how two people see the same play and see two different things . I saw nothing that even remotely close that resembled a shove on the play at third in the 1st . The girl was out by two steps ... ND is leaving the field when the ump says " Wait" .. she was so far out you didnt need any special angle or view to see that one . As far as ND getting out at third I didnt have a good view of that one ... but when the ball beats the runner to the base 2-3 steps before the runner does it makes it harder for Blue to give the runner the benefit of any doubt .. she looked out to me FWIW ... but umpiring didnt cost ND this game .. mental mistakes did . Not being able to execute when the pressure is on did . its great to get exposed to good teams like West that pressure you , but only if you learn .. lot of small things combined cost us this game ... good luck to West in the tourney , tough bracket but the SOC2 has you guys battle tested .

Buckeye24
Varsity

Post by Buckeye24 »

What I saw in the 1st was the runner stepping on the base and being knocked off and tagged. It didn't even look remotely close to me, so I was confused when the players started running off the field. What I saw in the 7th was the 3rd basemen missing the tag on the body and getting the helmet, but didn't touch the runner until her foot was on the base.

I guess it depends on the angle you see it. It's a funny game.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

also there is no rule that protects the runner from an accidental shove at the base .. only call that could be made is an unsportsmanlike call resulting in the ejection of the player .. obviously this wasnt the case . so if she was off the bag she was out .

badger
Riding the Bench

Post by badger »

Tonight was obviously a MAKE UP CALL!

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

Nice job Ladies....maybe was a little to patient, but Coach Maynard already ripped me for it!! HAHA

STUDS ONLY
Waterboy

Post by STUDS ONLY »

As Manitou eluded that that call did not cost
ND the game. The better team won't the game
tonight. Lets move on. Good luck to both teams
In the tourny.

Buckeye24
Varsity

Post by Buckeye24 »

This was actually a really good matchup, and it made for a heck of a game. I would love to see these two teams play again.

badger
Riding the Bench

Post by badger »

Actually the best team did not win; Either team could win on any given day. Both teams are comparable and West has the advantage being a larger school. ND had nothing to lose; if you look at school size, it shouldn't have even been a contest. Yes, mental mistakes may have cost ND the game in the end, but a couple calls for West kept the game from ending sooner. From what i understand there was some controversy between the same umps and West at the Minford game, so figure it out. Nice job Lady Titans competing with a D3 school; it only makes you better! You have been won bigger games than this! It was a great, exciting game and good luck to both teams in the post-season!! Represent Southern Ohio well!!

Return to “Softball”