An apology.

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

An apology.

Post by ManitouDan »

Last night in our game VS Clay things got pretty ugly and I want to apologize for being part of it. Not here to rehash everything that was said , or who started it . I feel bad about not having enough maturity to stay out of it. I love High schools sports and never should have been joined in the craziness. To my friends from clay ( and I have several ) I truly apologize . it wont happen again. The rivalry needs to hard , clean, and safe . No one from either side needs to feel threatened either playing in , or attending the game. Coach Gearhearts a good guy and a fine coach. forgive me please for taking away from what should be a fun time . thanks MD

then what
Varsity

Re: An apology.

Post by then what »

That is showing some class ManitouDan. It gets the best of us sometimes it takes a man to realize we get caught up in the drama. I respect you for that, you have always shown respect on your post!

Sid Farkus
Freshman Team

Post by Sid Farkus »

You can stuff your sorries in a sack!

countyhobo
Riding the Bench

Post by countyhobo »

I will not accept your sorry apology until you come in front of the whole clay softball team in the middle of the infield on the pitchers mound in front of the 17 year old high school girl you heckle the whole game. On top of that youra a grown adult man knowing what you were doimg. I cant believe nd would even let you come back around another softball game. So grow some and come in front of the team and say your sorry.

MrHEAT
Riding the Bench

Post by MrHEAT »

I've watched high school sports for many years and parents have always over stepped the bounds. Parents yell at umps, coaches and even the players all of which is very childish on the parents part and only sets the example. The kids playing and the coaches coaching deserve better from us as parents. Whatever this adult man did obviously in hind sight he realizes that it was wrong and one can only hope it's a lesson learned by him and others.

He offered an apology and it is for others to accept or decline and that rests on them. Was he the only individual taking part in the antics or were other parents involved? I'm not asking to have it explained just making a point that typically it takes more than one individual to cause this much fuss.

Good luck to both Clay and ND as they play at least one more time and a possible third in the tourneys.

renob
Freshman Team

Post by renob »

Maybe you should just hang it up..
I seen another post that you put up about the score of the Miller/Eastern game.
So much class..

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

yes , maybe better worded was Miller might needs to play a jv schedule to gain some confidence if they are that young and inexperienced . It's no fun to get beat on that badly . discourages the players from sticking with the game . I didnt relay that very well .

Return to “Softball”