How many 12u and 14u teams are there in SEO ?

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

How many 12u and 14u teams are there in SEO ?

Post by ManitouDan »

Just curious , there could be 6 or 20 ?? I'll start a list of ones I know and let people add to it : These are teams that were looking for players on here the past 30 days or so . If some have folded let me know and I'll edit the list ----------- Also Shawnee St is having a youth camp on Sept 26th . See separate thread for details .

12U --- League of their own -- Da Diamond Dazzlers .. The only 12u team with a D-1 verbal already.
1) So Ohio Storm
2) Diamond Express
3) Gallia Threat
4) West Va Dusters
5) Ohio Passion
6) Buckeye Elite ( 11u and 12U)
7) Ohio Glory
8) Lancaster Pride
9) Ohio Swat
10) USSSA Tri State Pride
11) Diamond Divas
12) Ky Crush
13)Lancaster Chaos
14)KC diamond gems
15)Chillicothe Generals

14U

1)Gallia Threat
2)Ohio Swat
3)Ohio Passion
4)
5)
6)KC Diamond Gems
7)So Ohio Storm
8)Ohio Glory
9)Lancaster Pride
10)Doom 02-Portsmouth
11)
12)
Last edited by ManitouDan on Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: How many 12u and 14u teams are there in SEO ?

Post by Ironman92 »

Is there a softball black sox team from Jackson?

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

? there was an ad looking for players in the traval/aau forum

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

ManitouDan wrote:? there was an ad looking for players in the traval/aau forum
Jackson Black Sox are a very successful travel baseball team. They are losing 1 player to a Team USA for that age and likely another very very good player to junior legion I believe.

anderson2012
JV Team

Post by anderson2012 »

ManitouDan wrote: 13)Lancaster Chaos
Lancaster Kaos* (Bonus points if you incorporate their camo script into the font) :mrgreen:

Ohio Classics 12u is based in Grove City, but I know they've had players from Circleville, Lancaster, Logan, and Chillicothe.

My favorite thing about this thread is the reminder that Lancaster has way too many U14 and younger softball teams. Daddy ball is huge up here, well that, and to quote a good friend of mine "The darn problem is Lancaster has 100 different softball organizations because half of them can't (blank) get along and all the others can't beat a team full of pet rocks!"
Last edited by anderson2012 on Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

linedrive
Freshman Team

Post by linedrive »

Ohio Glory ended up not happening down here.

Gopher
Varsity

Post by Gopher »

Dan,
Don't forget to add the Southern Ohio Diamond Dazzlers 12U

softball24_7
Freshman Team

Post by softball24_7 »

Flamin Fury
Championship fastpitch used to field teams, not sure if they still are
Logan Rampage
Athens swat
Logan Co. Invasion
If you go grove city, you can add
Viking Elite, grove city elite, and classics 02 as mentioned. Even though classics practice out of Pinkerton and west Carrolton? for winter.
Also, "your student" will be attending the camp.

Gopher
Varsity

Post by Gopher »

I have heard of West Carrollton, but where exactly is Pinkerton ?

softball24_7
Freshman Team

Post by softball24_7 »

Gopher_the_K wrote:I have heard of West Carrollton, but where exactly is Pinkerton ?
Wow, was either half asleep, or had a brain fart. But, we practiced out of canal Winchester and Pickerington. Pickerington is located between canal Winchester and Reynoldsburg... Pickerington's field house at the HS is huge, major $ went into the complex. Not sure if you're familiar with Northwest school, but you could sit our highschool building inside their field house.

chsballn
Freshman Team

Post by chsballn »

It seems alot of travel teams are still looking for players, maybe more so this year than last year. ???

1. So many teams trying to fill rosters. A lot of teams out there.
2. Not enough parents wanting to pay $800 on average to play a season, not counting travel fuel/hotels/eating out/laundry.
3. Kids jumping teams because they are not the star pitcher.
4. Not enough pitchers to go around.
5. Dad coaches/Mom coaches.

What is your thoughts ?

anderson2012
JV Team

Post by anderson2012 »

Between the Lines wrote:3. Kids jumping teams because they are not the star pitcher.

What is your thoughts ?
I think 3 and 5 are definitely true and do factor in. 4 leads into 3, there definitely aren't enough pitchers to go around BUT... I know from a family I'm good friends with that they have a daughter who isn't no Jenny Finch or Taran Alvelo, solid for her age but not a superstar by any means when it comes to pitching, anyways... their big gripe isn't that their kid isn't the star pitcher but rather the really low quality of competition and coaching the daughter's team played this past season. Example: friend's daughter is the #1, the other pitcher throws a ball-to-(caught looking/no-swing) strike ratio of 5:2. The daughter probably throws a 2:1 ratio on the same metric, well the 5:2 throws one game where they're playing a team that is consistently swinging at head level or above and there's a couple that don't even make it inside the batter's box. 5:2 pitcher actually faces a batter with an eye, 5:2 goes down 1-2 in the count throwing what would've been a ball that was swung at. Ball 3 comes up, 3-1. Batter then proceeds to swing at the next two pitches that are equally as terrible as the first two balls. Strike 3. Consistent theme with the opposing team, swinging at balls that are so out of the strike zone it's not even funny. Opposing coach should tell the girls to keep the bat stuck on their shoulder and just let a walk ensue, but doesn't, and the strikeouts rack so terribly easy. It's a constant theme with some of the teams the family's daughter plays in a tournament or two. They simply don't want their daughter to rack up a bunch of strikeouts that are so terribly easy it's like shooting fish in a barrel. You could suppose "better the competition = indicator of how good the team is". Might be true, but the playing field is so much watered down than it was even 5-10 years ago that too many of the tournaments lose their integrity. (One more point of reference, friend wants his daughter to develop pitching skills outside of school-ball, even if it is only a few innings... which is why the gripe about competition, not playing time, exists).

TL;DR I don't think egos play that much of a factor so much as there truly are some really awful teams that find their way into tournaments because of how much $$$ they can front, and it does irk a lot of parents that do sacrifice for travel softball that their daughter isn't getting much out of it. Thus why I rant about the peculiar situation with where I live, Lancaster. Too many teams and daddy ball.

chsballn
Freshman Team

Post by chsballn »

formerfcfan wrote:
Between the Lines wrote:3. Kids jumping teams because they are not the star pitcher.

What is your thoughts ?
I think 3 and 5 are definitely true and do factor in. 4 leads into 3, there definitely aren't enough pitchers to go around BUT... I know from a family I'm good friends with that they have a daughter who isn't no Jenny Finch or Taran Alvelo, solid for her age but not a superstar by any means when it comes to pitching, anyways... their big gripe isn't that their kid isn't the star pitcher but rather the really low quality of competition and coaching the daughter's team played this past season. Example: friend's daughter is the #1, the other pitcher throws a ball-to-(caught looking/no-swing) strike ratio of 5:2. The daughter probably throws a 2:1 ratio on the same metric, well the 5:2 throws one game where they're playing a team that is consistently swinging at head level or above and there's a couple that don't even make it inside the batter's box. 5:2 pitcher actually faces a batter with an eye, 5:2 goes down 1-2 in the count throwing what would've been a ball that was swung at. Ball 3 comes up, 3-1. Batter then proceeds to swing at the next two pitches that are equally as terrible as the first two balls. Strike 3. Consistent theme with the opposing team, swinging at balls that are so out of the strike zone it's not even funny. Opposing coach should tell the girls to keep the bat stuck on their shoulder and just let a walk ensue, but doesn't, and the strikeouts rack so terribly easy. It's a constant theme with some of the teams the family's daughter plays in a tournament or two. They simply don't want their daughter to rack up a bunch of strikeouts that are so terribly easy it's like shooting fish in a barrel. You could suppose "better the competition = indicator of how good the team is". Might be true, but the playing field is so much watered down than it was even 5-10 years ago that too many of the tournaments lose their integrity. (One more point of reference, friend wants his daughter to develop pitching skills outside of school-ball, even if it is only a few innings... which is why the gripe about competition, not playing time, exists).

TL;DR I don't think egos play that much of a factor so much as there truly are some really awful teams that find their way into tournaments because of how much $$$ they can front, and it does irk a lot of parents that do sacrifice for travel softball that their daughter isn't getting much out of it. Thus why I rant about the peculiar situation with where I live, Lancaster. Too many teams and daddy ball.
Very good points.

Same for World Series or so called World Series and qualifiers. If you have the entry fee you can play in a world series without qualifying...

hammer911335
Freshman Team

Post by hammer911335 »

West Virginia Dusters have an 11u and 12u playing 12u this fall and the summer 2016.

Return to “Softball”