2019 SVC

Buckeye Bobb
Waterboy

Re: 2019 SVC

Post by Buckeye Bobb »

Two of Wednesdays games should tell us more about the top teams in the SVC.

Westfall @ Huntington game - Was Unioto posting a 12 spot on Kellough a fluke? or will she bounce back against Westfall? and has Westfall found a pitcher in Dudgeon that will help them to win the league once again? You know Westfall will hit and field.

Unioto @ PV might be a good one too. PV seems to be much improved this year, but Unioto seems to have bats all the way through their lineup. If my memory serves me right, they have more HRs in one week than they did all last Spring. And don't forget Fisher and Pinkerton on the mound.

HotDogSoftball
Riding the Bench

Post by HotDogSoftball »

Caught a few games n the last 2 weeks
PV is at best 4- stretching to 5 deep.
Unioto will roll over them.

Huntington is only 4-5 deep at best. Kellough had a bad game or Unioto had a great hitting game.

WF is 9 deep (2 pitchers)

Unioto is 8 deep (2 pitchers)

SE is 3-4 deep

ZT is 3-4 deep

Piketon 4-5 deep

Waverly 8 deep (1 really good pitcher and (1)
average pitcher)

Chillicothe 3-4 deep

Adena 3-4 deep

I see this as WF and Unioto only.

Westfall beat Logan Elm, LE beat Fairfield Union, Unioto has Fairfield Union tonight. Anything can happen.

Big Daddy 7371
Varsity

Post by Big Daddy 7371 »

Unioto 16
Paint Valley 9

Zane Trace 10
Adena 8

Westfall 2
Huntington 0

Piketon 9
SE. 5

Big Daddy 7371
Varsity

Post by Big Daddy 7371 »

better get to westfall early next friday should be agreat game

Daryl Dixon
Waterboy

Post by Daryl Dixon »

ZT 4
HHS 1

Puts Huntington 3 games back

ZT
WF
U

All still undefeated in league action

HotDogSoftball
Riding the Bench

Post by HotDogSoftball »

Daryl Dixon wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 9:13 pm ZT 4
HHS 1

Puts Huntington 3 games back

ZT
WF
U

All still undefeated in league action
I am guessing Kellough is struggling?

ZT is the new team to watch?

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

It's a two-team race between Westfall and Unioto, with teams like Huntington and Zane Trace potentially being able to throw a wrench in the mix.

Buckeye Bobb
Waterboy

Post by Buckeye Bobb »

With ZT at Unioto tomorrow, then Unioto at Westfall on Friday.....we should find out which team(s) are for real.

Gonna be a couple of good ones.

Buckeye Bobb
Waterboy

Post by Buckeye Bobb »

Now that I have watched a few games this year and talked to others, I thought I'd add my thoughts on the players around the SVC conference after round 1 -

With Dudgeon (Westfall) now pitching and seemingly shutting down everyone the first time through the league, she has shown that she might just be the best all around player and has my vote for POY as of now. She can bunt, slap and hit HRs, but can see sustain the pitching through round 2 of the SVC?

Pinkerton (Unioto) has been really good this year from the leadoff spot and also solid on the mound. Multiple tool player (hitting, pitching/defense, and base running). Would like to see her pitch in a big SVC game.

Kellough (Huntington) has had a couple of down games, but has still been solid overall and has had some good hitting games as of late. 2nd round games vs Unioto and Westfall will tell us more.

Others (Westfall) - It's hard to pick from the other Westfall players because they seem to have a different girl step up each night, so I will wait to see how the 2nd half of the season before adding other names to the list (Fullen, Williams, Stonerock, etc). There are some good ones.

Miller (Unioto) - I had seen her play in Jr High and knew that she would be a contributor early as a Freshman, but not to this extent. Not only does she hit HRs, but also hits for average and drives in runs. Going to be a staple in the middle of that lineup for 4 years along with Wheeler who transferred from SE.

Fisher (Unioto) - I had her right there with Dudgeon for POY, but had rough outings last week vs Westfall & Miami Trace. If she can bounce back over the next couple of weeks, I could see her getting back into the conversation as one of the top 2/3 pitchers.

McFadden (PV) - She seems to rack up hits just about every game. Also heard that she threw out Hallie Pinkerton and Jayla Campbell attempting to steal bases. Now that would be a feat.

Collins (Huntington) - Great defensively and has had some great hitting games. She's a gamer.

Hitchens (ZT) - While not overpowering, she has got the job done on the mound and lead the Pioneers to a surprise start to the season. Also was impressed with Fetters from ZT in the couple of games that I have seen them play.

Have only seen Adena and SE once and haven't made the trip to see Piketon, so I wouldn't want to provide thoughts with those teams.

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

HHS 8
U 0

Hats off to Huntington, they was ready to play tonight.
Pitching was solid with 10 K’s.
The Huntsmen defense complemented this effort with excellent play.

Let me be the first to congratulate coach Redman and his lady Broncos of Westfall on clinching a share of the SVC title tonight.
As sure as the sun rises in the east and sets in the west,
The Broncos will not lose 3 of their last 6 league games this season. In fact I look for them to win 4 of the six by mercy rule.

As for POY/All League talk:
Dudgeon, Mullins, Fullen, Williams, Stonerock, Tacket
All Need to be in the conversation somewhere especially if nobody knocks ‘em off. That group has won a lot of SVC games.

BUT
if the Ol’10to’er had a vote it would go to Becca Brown.........

Feckless In Frenchtowne
X

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Xtoxxviii wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:44 am HHS 8
U 0

Hats off to Huntington, they was ready to play tonight.
Pitching was solid with 10 K’s.
The Huntsmen defense complemented this effort with excellent play.

Let me be the first to congratulate coach Redman and his lady Broncos of Westfall on clinching a share of the SVC title tonight.
As sure as the sun rises in the east and sets in the west,
The Broncos will not lose 3 of their last 6 league games this season. In fact I look for them to win 4 of the six by mercy rule.

As for POY/All League talk:
Dudgeon, Mullins, Fullen, Williams, Stonerock, Tacket
All Need to be in the conversation somewhere especially if nobody knocks ‘em off. That group has won a lot of SVC games.

BUT
if the Ol’10to’er had a vote it would go to Becca Brown.........

Feckless In Frenchtowne
X
I'd say Marcy Dudgeon has the inside track for POY right now with what she's done in the circle and at the plate for Westfall, but we still have six conference games to go. As we saw last night and with WF only beating Huntington 2-0, they can compete with anyone when they put it together.

HotDogSoftball
Riding the Bench

Post by HotDogSoftball »

If 1 game defines a player as winning an award then it’s still up in the air.

Who says only a pitcher can win POY?

Read in the article this morning that Pinkerton for Unioto only gave up 2 hits and 1 run until the 5th inning. Were there a lot of hits in the 5th and 6th to get 5 runs?

Does not sound like Unioto was on its offensive game.

Kellough must have had a really good game. 10ks

What happened to Paint Valley against Southeastern. SE 2- PV 0

Saw Waverly and Minford had a HR contest and Logan Elm beat Fairfield Union.

Some odd scores on these games lately.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

HotDogSoftball wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:41 pm If 1 game defines a player as winning an award then it’s still up in the air.

Who says only a pitcher can win POY?

Read in the article this morning that Pinkerton for Unioto only gave up 2 hits and 1 run until the 5th inning. Were there a lot of hits in the 5th and 6th to get 5 runs?

Does not sound like Unioto was on its offensive game.

Kellough must have had a really good game. 10ks

What happened to Paint Valley against Southeastern. SE 2- PV 0

Saw Waverly and Minford had a HR contest and Logan Elm beat Fairfield Union.

Some odd scores on these games lately.
Dudgeon was the top center fielder in the conference before moving to pitcher. Westfall has given up seven runs so far in eight SVC games. She's fast, an extremely good hitter, a smart softball player and so far the most consistent pitcher in the conference. If WF continues to do what it has in the first eight games, this is a slam dunk vote.

Obviously WF has some other pretty good players in Fullen, Williams, Stonerock, Tackett, Mullins and WF has been without the top hitter in the conference last season in Darby Minor, but Dudgeon's resume so far stands out the most.

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

bman post wrote:
Dudgeon was the top center fielder in the conference before moving to pitcher. Westfall has given up seven runs so far in eight SVC games. She's fast, an extremely good hitter, a smart softball player and so far the most consistent pitcher in the conference. If WF continues to do what it has in the first eight games, this is a slam dunk vote.

Obviously WF has some other pretty good players in Fullen, Williams, Stonerock, Tackett, Mullins and WF has been without the top hitter in the conference last season in Darby Minor, but Dudgeon's resume so far stands out the most.
🔼 I agree Bman.

Is Monday’s game in the Township or is it up on the Crep Grass field in Williamsport?
Didn’t it get switched the first time around because of a track conflict?

If it’s up North I suggest to my township brethren to stop at Underdogs “aka screamers” for some pre game vittles.

If the game is in the township
The Pizza at the Huntsmen Market is always the call.

X

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Xtoxxviii wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:10 pm
bman post wrote:

🔼 I agree Bman.

Is Monday’s game in the Township or is it up on the Crep Grass field in Williamsport?
Didn’t it get switched the first time around because of a track conflict?

If it’s up North I suggest to my township brethren to stop at Underdogs “aka screamers” for some pre game vittles.

If the game is in the township
The Pizza at the Huntsmen Market is always the call.

X
Monday's game is on the Pickaway Plains.

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

bman post wrote: Monday's game is on the Pickaway Plains.
Thanks Bman, can always count on you for the facts.

Speaking of places to pick up some good grub on the SVC softball circuit:

WF - Williamsport Underdogs

HHS- Huntsmen Market

PV - Bainbridge Paxton’s restaurant
(I do miss the old Timbers)

S.E. - Valero’s gas station

Adena- Frankfort Dairy Cone

Piketon/Waverly - McDonald’s (playin it safe)

Unioto- Pleasant Valley Shake Shoppe

ZT- Whitt’s Ice Cream

Any other establishments worth checking out?

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Xtoxxviii wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:08 am
bman post wrote: Monday's game is on the Pickaway Plains.
Thanks Bman, can always count on you for the facts.

Speaking of places to pick up some good grub on the SVC softball circuit:

WF - Williamsport Underdogs

HHS- Huntsmen Market

PV - Bainbridge Paxton’s restaurant
(I do miss the old Timbers)

S.E. - Valero’s gas station

Adena- Frankfort Dairy Cone

Piketon/Waverly - McDonald’s (playin it safe)

Unioto- Pleasant Valley Shake Shoppe

ZT- Whitt’s Ice Cream

Any other establishments worth checking out?

Fred's Pizza in Waverly

Xtoxxviii
All State

Post by Xtoxxviii »

I’m a little leery of the name “Fred”
But I will give it a try this week as we
Head south X2 to face waverly and then Pikeon
On the morrow.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Xtoxxviii wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:30 am I’m a little leery of the name “Fred”
But I will give it a try this week as we
Head south X2 to face waverly and then Pikeon
On the morrow.
The other Fred needs to buy a franchise and open a location in Pherson.

Kentmurphy
Waterboy

Post by Kentmurphy »

Westfall double header still on today?

Return to “Softball”