pdt soprts

mglight88
SE

pdt soprts

Post by mglight88 »

I know this has been talked about before, maybe like basketball season. But I just can't help but share this error.

(Minford junior Brittani Wolfenbarker pitched three innings of shutout baseball in the Faclons one run loss to Wheelersburg in early April.)

If your going to take time to write an article, please, just please read it over before it is published.
:o :roll:

4thgoal
SEOPS

Re: pdt soprts

Post by 4thgoal »

An error, but the sports writers at PDT have done a fantastic job over the past few years. They have covered more sports in the last few years than I can remember in recent times. It started with Ben Spicer, Kevin Colley and now Derrick Webb. Yes, there are occasional mistakes, but overall they have done a great job getting many articles out each week to recognize the kids in the area.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

mglight88 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 12:33 am I know this has been talked about before, maybe like basketball season. But I just can't help but share this error.

(Minford junior Brittani Wolfenbarker pitched three innings of shutout baseball in the Faclons one run loss to Wheelersburg in early April.)

If your going to take time to write an article, please, just please read it over before it is published.
:o :roll:
No one hates making a mistake more than the writer. A few things - sometimes you are writing on deadline and don't get a chance to give it as thorough a reading as one may like and when you write a lot of copy then there are typically a few more mistakes.

PDT is fortunate to have the folks who have been working for them over the last couple of years.

SoftballAlways
Waterboy

Post by SoftballAlways »

Agreed...they have worked hard to get coverage out there!! Appreciate their hard work!

PirateSB
Waterboy

Post by PirateSB »

I appreciate their efforts. I'm not going to point out that it should have read softball instead of baseball. I think most people can see past that and know what they meant. Instead of having a writing error in their story, maybe the next time Minford has a game they won't write anything at all.

Or when Minford played at Burg, they could of written something about how Burg shut off the score board when Minford was winning! :lol:

Bastogne
Freshman Team

Post by Bastogne »

It's unfortunate, but mistakes do happen. That's life.

However...

Kudos to ALL those covering our area sports teams! PDT, Scioto Voice, all the Twitter accounts, SOSA, SEOP, SVCSports, WKKJ, WNXT, etc. Our teams and athletes have received so much more coverage than in the past.

Thanks again to the media personnel who are trying their best to recongize our schools, our teams, and our athletes!

softball24_7
Freshman Team

Post by softball24_7 »

Mistakes do happen, kind of like the title of this thread "soprts". However, I am glad to see them covering these kids. Love seeing all the talent our area has to offer. This group of kids, in my eyes, have definitely raised the bar for future generations.

orangeandblack98
Riding the Bench

Post by orangeandblack98 »

just sayin you should check your mistakes before you point out anothers

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

softball24_7 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 12:06 pm Mistakes do happen, kind of like the title of this thread "soprts".
Glad I am not the only one who noticed the person complaining about a sports article spelled sports wrong :lol:

mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

I was making a point on taking a little time to proofread. (I did that to catch everyone's eye). I wasn't even complaining about the coverage. With that they do a fine job. Again it was all about proofreading. Not to mention the fact that they have it much easier than I and others did back in the day, when we had to print cut and paste cutlines, photos and stories with an exacto knife, and get the hard copy down to the presses for print. Taking a few extra seconds will save a lot more headache in the long run.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

mglight88 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:26 pm I was making a point on taking a little time to proofread. (I did that to catch everyone's eye). I wasn't even complaining about the coverage. With that they do a fine job. Again it was all about proofreading. Not to mention the fact that they have it much easier than I and others did back in the day, when we had to print cut and paste cutlines, photos and stories with an exacto knife, and get the hard copy down to the presses for print. Taking a few extra seconds will save a lot more headache in the long run.
I always wondered how it worked in the past....

But yeah PDTs and the Scioto Voice are both stacked with talent. SOSA is loaded too.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
mglight88
SE

Post by mglight88 »

yes I agree

Return to “Softball”