Early outlooks for the SOC1/SOC2 in 2020 ?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Early outlooks for the SOC1/SOC2 in 2020 ?

Post by Ironman92 »

orangeandblack98 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:40 am
Ironman92 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:27 pm Hopefully Oak Hill at least makes the Final 4 based on how they were to deal with in their youth days (parents/coaches, not kids)

I assume they won the gold ball last year in the SOC
Burg has won the SOC the last 6 years.
Yeah, I know

softball1
Waterboy

Post by softball1 »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:27 pm Hopefully Oak Hill at least makes the Final 4 based on how they were to deal with in their youth days (parents/coaches, not kids)

lol elaborate?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

softball1 wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:27 am

lol elaborate?
A pain in the rear to work with...all the rules lol

We had a 9:00 am game on a Saturday in Jackson 10u ....they showed up. I see the woman coach with a very distraught look on her face...finally she walks over and says to me “that circle is not the correct size” I kind of looked at her and grinned and said yeah it looks like the teenage worker made it a bit big. She said it needs to be fixed. I told her we have two choices...1. Play the game with everything else correct or 2. tell your parents there is no game today due to the circle being 24 inches too big in diameter.

Wasn’t any common sense. Couldn’t see the big picture. It was the biggest thing in the world. It was just a couple coaches and some parents. I like Oak Hill people but that year was ridiculous. Rec league isn’t an Olympic qualifier.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:22 pm

lol elaborate?

We had a 9:00 am game on a Saturday in Jackson 10u ....they showed up. I see the woman coach with a very distraught look on her face...finally she walks over and says to me “that circle is not the correct size” I kind of looked at her and grinned and said yeah it looks like the teenage worker made it a bit big. She said it needs to be fixed. I told her we have two choices...1. Play the game with everything else correct or 2. tell your parents there is no game today due to the circle being 24 inches too big in diameter.

Wasn’t any common sense. Couldn’t see the big picture. It was the biggest thing in the world. It was just a couple coaches and some parents. I like Oak Hill people but that year was ridiculous. Rec league isn’t an Olympic qualifier.
Little League rulebook guy/gal is the worst. I've seen it way too many times over the years. As for the coach, let me guess: her kid was pitching then and probably doesn't even play high school softball now?*

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

art_vandelay wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:46 am
Ironman92 wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:22 pm

lol elaborate?

Little League rulebook guy/gal is the worst. I've seen it way too many times over the years. As for the coach, let me guess: her kid was pitching then and probably doesn't even play high school softball now?*
Nope, still plays I believe but not yet made it to the olympics

captainmorgan_
JV Team

Post by captainmorgan_ »

if you asked me a couple years ago i thought oakhill had a legit shot at winning soc this year and last. I watched them beat up on burg a few times in jun high. Losing Hughes to burg hurt them and widened that gap back up but I think oakhill has a better team than their record has shown.

softball1
Waterboy

Post by softball1 »

Didn’t some teams scrimmage Saturday? How did they go?

Sballbball24/7
Riding the Bench

Post by Sballbball24/7 »

Well it looks like the early outlook to the season will be about Coronavirus instead of softball which is very aggravating but I understand every precaution must be taken I reckon..my understanding is a mandatory 3 weeks out of school and that will be probably around 4 or 5 games in for most teams..if that’s not bad enough they probably won’t be able to practice with their team in that time frame either..I understand they can get work in on their own but it’s not the same as working out with their team and that will be tough coming back and getting on the field immediately...either way a very rough start..and I hate to think it but there might not even be a start the way they are canceling events at college and pro levels...this is sickening to sports fans

What’s everyone’s opinion on this?

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

Mass Hysterical Over reaction .

longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

ManitouDan2 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:48 pm Mass Hysterical Over reaction .
Yep!! Just go look at walmart and see how crazy everyone is acting over toilet paper!! I did see Indiana HSAA is continuing spring sports as scheduled. It said regular season games may be conducted at the discretion of the members school..

softball24_7
Freshman Team

Post by softball24_7 »

Hopefully Ohio will follow suit and just declare it (suspended) until school resumes. I believe I seen KY done something similar to this but cannot hold prac/games with a paid coach until school resumes

Sballbball24/7
Riding the Bench

Post by Sballbball24/7 »

Well we find out tmrw at noon the update from ohsaa..I know it doesn’t look good but let’s all keep our fingers crossed..I still think they should wait until April 3rd and make a final decision we all know we’re out until then anyways so what would it matter to wait until then and see how things are going

captainmorgan_
JV Team

Post by captainmorgan_ »

I heard the season is still on if they go back to school.

Sballbball24/7
Riding the Bench

Post by Sballbball24/7 »

captainmorgan_ wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:45 pm I heard the season is still on if they go back to school.
Yeah there’s still a small glimmer of hope but I don’t see it happening there’s just too much panic going on across nation and I see our governor following suit..really sad for all these girls and boys especially seniors and I guarantee if school ball is cancelled summer ball will be too especially where these kids travel all over

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

I say spring sports will be cancelled totally.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Oak Hill seemed to be top contender and be on top at end this year, sounds like they have a solid base to have won it.

captainmorgan_
JV Team

Post by captainmorgan_ »

Prime Time wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:15 pm Oak Hill seemed to be top contender and be on top at end this year, sounds like they have a solid base to have won it.
I really don't think anyone in the SOC would touch Wheelersburg this year or for the next few years.

Return to “Softball”