Early outlooks for the SOC1/SOC2 in 2020 ?

ManitouDan2
SE

Early outlooks for the SOC1/SOC2 in 2020 ?

Post by ManitouDan2 »

Obviously Note Dame is the leader in the SOC1 , they didnt lose hardly anything and will add some young talent . Clay looses a bunch , they return some talent for sure but I think lost 6-7- players ? Green was young and will continue to improve ( would help if the entire adult group around them would just let them get their feet under them and just chill without hyping them , I've been there done that , and I regret it) No clue about the rest .

Burg returns a bunch , losing Claxon will hurt , but unless someone brings in some dandy pitching to slow down that offense then Burg will probably complete year 6 under the direction of Coach Ruby without a loss . Not sure how much Minford lost . Waverly lose the Robinson girls ? i Think so or at least 1 of them.

Other thoughts about next year ?

softball24_7
Freshman Team

Re: Early outlooks for the SOC1/SOC2 in 2020 ?

Post by softball24_7 »

Burg will dominate for the next few yrs. The talent pool there is just too deep. And with a great feeder system, will be tough to get around them. Losing claxson will definitely hurt them on the experience side, but I believe the Howard girl will be a freshman this yr? I'm sure she will be getting a lot of time in the circle.
I look for this coming yr to be a repeat of this past yr. With the exception of Waverly, not sure where they will end up without the pitching to hold them in the games. Not sure what they have coming up?
NW lost 2 starters, minford a cpl, oak hill retains most I believe. Not sure about SW, but believe they were a young team as well.
Is it spring time yet? ;)

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

softball24_7 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:10 pm Burg will dominate for the next few yrs. The talent pool there is just too deep. And with a great feeder system, will be tough to get around them. Losing claxson will definitely hurt them on the experience side, but I believe the Howard girl will be a freshman this yr? I'm sure she will be getting a lot of time in the circle.
I look for this coming yr to be a repeat of this past yr. With the exception of Waverly, not sure where they will end up without the pitching to hold them in the games. Not sure what they have coming up?
NW lost 2 starters, minford a cpl, oak hill retains most I believe. Not sure about SW, but believe they were a young team as well.
Is it spring time yet? ;)
Howard will be in 8th grade.
It will be mostly Spence in 2020

Sballbball24/7
Riding the Bench

Post by Sballbball24/7 »

Waverly will take the hardest punch losing both Robinson girls and their catcher,another big loss for burg is Risner..best outfielder and defensive player burg had,had a cannon for an arm..great senior leader..her and claxon will be greatly missed,oak hill loses one..their cf Mcnerlin,minford loses their pitcher sifford so I’m assuming Hannah Tolle will see most of the time in the circle for them,I think shoemaker was a senior also but not sure,I think Webster will surprise some next year..well coached and messer is doing good in the circle for them..valley,northwest and Portsmouth west will all struggle

Burg
Oak hill
Minford
Webster
Waverly
Northwest
West
Valley

Sballbball24/7
Riding the Bench

Post by Sballbball24/7 »

I think beaver eastern joins soc2 in 2020 also but I’m not sure I forgot about them..if so they’ll be down in the bottom 2 or 3..they won’t be able to handle a tough soc2 schedule

ColdHardTruth
JV Team

Post by ColdHardTruth »

In the SOC 2 we're running into even more dominance from Burg for the foreseeable future. Watching a lot of programs coming up the last few years through little league and Jr High. Burg has been dominate. The only program I thought could give them a run for them money in the SOC2 was Oak Hill. The addition of transfers of Glockner, William's and Hughes over the years have separated them again. Burg will continue to dominate now and through the foreseeable future.

SOC1 there's a little change coming.
ND is the team to beat for at least next season as Pitcher of the year Cass Schaefer returns. Their big bats in Detwiller and Cassidy are entering their prime production years.
Clay loses a lot but will look a like like ND has the last couple years as a dominate pitcher in Lutz will carry them until the bats mature
Green may be reaching their peak as ill stand by them that they are one of the best defensive teams in the SOC 1 or 2. The problem is lack of pitching. Jenkins has been pitching well with her travel ball team in big tourneys this summer. Maybe she returns full time to the circle. If so they take a big hit at 3rd.
Symmes Valley lost the player of the year for the second year in a row. Sooner or later it will catch up to you. But Odie always finds a way to get them ready.
New Boston, Western and East are all young and on the rebuild. Look for better seasons out of them but still need time before they leap from any of the top 4.
St. Joe will struggle. It's going to be a wakeup playing ND and Clay twice a year instead of Hanna WV.

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

Now Green has not only one of the best defenses in the soc 1. but the 2 as well ? .. CHT ... you are something else when it comes to pumping Green .

ColdHardTruth
JV Team

Post by ColdHardTruth »

I take your opinion with a grain of salt. You've seen how many games this year?

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

Its very simple .. Green wasn't too competitive with Clay and ND last year .. They did zero in the tourney , their list of victories was a laundry list of the worst teams in SEO ... And yet you stated they had the best defensive in the conference ... now this summer you are stating not only do they have such a good defense as to be congratulated in the 1 but their D is good as top schools in the 2 .. well thats downright laughable. Yeah Green has improved , just walk before you run. You bring pressure on the young ladies that doesn't need to be there when you state stuff like that. Its not helping , it hurts them. So I'm not dogging Green or being negative towards Green , just dont put a target on their backs because of a dad on here pumping them up to levels they are not at , yet .
Lastly pitching is THE main part of the defensive , you cant honestly separate the two .. If you dont have adequate pitching then your D isn't very good , and its a stab at whoever the pitcher is .. like saying " boy our IF and OF re top flight but the girl pitching isn't as good as those studs in the field " ... So pitch the 3B you mentioned , she seems to be close to dominate, if you can win decent travel ball games the SOC1 would be a total cakewalk . And if you are weak in the circle it doesn't matter who plays third . Pitch your best and live with the results , happy Fathers Day .

SoftballGirl
Freshman Team

Post by SoftballGirl »

My opinion of SOC 1 for next year.

Notre Dame and Clay still 1 and 2. Clay loses 8 seniors which included 7 starters but I still believe the two teams are close. Wouldn't surprise me to see a split next year just like this year.

Green into third but still a huge gap between the top two teams and the third place team.

4th spot should be up for grabs between Symmes Valley and New Boston. New Boston has the better pitcher but needs the offensive support to beat out Symmes Valley.

Eastern, East and St. Joe will round out the final three.

1. Notre Dame/Clay - Split (SOC Record 13-1)
1. Notre Dame/Clay - Split (SOC Record 13-1)
3. Green (SOC Record 10-4)
4. New Boston (SOC Record 8-6)
5. Symmes Valley (SOC Record 6-8)
6. Eastern (SOC Record 4-10)
7. East (SOC Record 2-12)
8. St. Joe (SOC Record 0-14)

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

Its popular thought ND gets better with the addition of a couple players , Clay loses 7 of 9 starters and you still think they split ? They could , in that type rivalry game talent doesnt matter as much . I just cant see it .. I think ND runs the table next year . But thats why they play the games , who dreamed Clay wouldnt escape their sectional opener ? Teens are hard to count on .. lol

SoftballGirl
Freshman Team

Post by SoftballGirl »

ManitouDan2 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:25 pm Its popular thought ND gets better with the addition of a couple players , Clay loses 7 of 9 starters and you still think they split ? They could , in that type rivalry game talent doesnt matter as much . I just cant see it .. I think ND runs the table next year . But thats why they play the games , who dreamed Clay wouldnt escape their sectional opener ? Teens are hard to count on .. lol
You never know.

I am just going off the game from last year that was close. Lutz pitched that game for clay and allowed one run I think. Obviously both pitchers will get better over the winter and I think it will be a low scoring game and 1 run may win it. That's why I think it may split. If one team can score a run that could take the win.

Clay also has a couple key returning starters. Bazler will return to catch and is probably the best or at least in the argument for one of the best catchers in both the SOC 1 & 2 combined. Shaley Munion returns as a starter also in the infield. What most don't know is Clay had a bench that would have started for most teams. Those girls finally get their chance.

Who knows though. Like you said above you never know with teens.

SOSoftball
Freshman Team

Post by SOSoftball »

ColdHardTruth wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:09 pm travel ball team in big tourneys this summer
Would love to know what "big" tourneys they played in this year.

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

Crickets . Wheres that icon ? lol

BackroadHero
Waterboy

Post by BackroadHero »

They removed the crickets icon when Doom fired you from coaching their 14u team a couple years ago hahaha

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

I like when you post under your other username better ( and it was 12u about 5 years ago)

BackroadHero
Waterboy

Post by BackroadHero »

Kinda sad though. Someone who is supposed to be affiliated with a local college getting on here and not being supportive of ALL local programs. Instead of shows preference towards certain schools and heavily criticized others.

I'm sure that's what them there big time schools do though.
*insert eye roll emoji here

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

Not associated with any school or team , haven't been for over a year .. you sure work loose with the facts . If you want to actually discuss anything I've posted then have it . I'll join in , but lets skip turning this into something even more childish.

longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

A lot of immaturity and jealousy going on in this forum... many as you can tell have multiple user names so they can bash people including kids.

ColdHardTruth
JV Team

Post by ColdHardTruth »

Agreed. I never bothered to comment what tournaments the girl was in because I wasn't getting into a debate over it. It was made as a comment praising a local player.

For as long as I've been in this forum (years) I've never bashed another kid or program. Have I ranked them? Yes. Have I promoted one i'm around, yes. But NEVER have I said "they suck, or she can't play"
That's some junk some of our new users brought to this forum about a year ago. About the same time if you look participation in the forum started declining because we turned into Sports Topix.

Stop letting a few cry baby parents whose kids didn't get their way come on here and ruine what use to be a pretty good and fun forum.

Return to “Softball”