SVC 2020

se-alum
All Conference

SVC 2020

Post by se-alum »

I look for the league to be on the uptick this year. I still think Westfall is the favorite, followed by Unioto. 3-7 should be a battle, and I think these teams will be able to push Westfall and Unioto on any given night.

Big Daddy 7371
Varsity

Re: SVC 2020

Post by Big Daddy 7371 »

agree
its Westfalls to lose
then unioto by far they both have a lot coming back
shermans hoping Carissa Wheeler is back from ACL
if not 2-7 up for grabs

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Westfall will be tested both times by Unioto and maybe one or two other times in conference play. Most of the other games will be routs, like the past three years.

HotDogSoftball
Riding the Bench

Post by HotDogSoftball »

Huntington brings everyone back except maybe 1 or 2 seniors from last year. And then they have the Kellough kid pitching. Westfall will be a force to reckon with. Unioto has solid team with 9 solid return players, will only will miss Jayla Campbell speed when she got on base. Adena will be young and I am not sure what the new coach will have to do with this team. See how it goes.
Zane Trace will be mid to back of pack with no pitching standouts. Paint Valley has 2-3 pretty good players with Smith and Stanforth. Southeastern has a couple players along with Lockwood, Piketon does not have a whole lot.

My picks are
Westfall
Huntington
Unioto
PV
ZT
Adena
Piketon
SE

Pitchers to watch (in no order) Kellough, Dudgeon, Pinkerton.

Power Hitters or Tough at bats to watch (in no order) A.Miller, Kellough, L. Snyder, Pinkerton,H. Holt, J. Williams, Stonerock, O. Smith.

Defensive Players (no order) C. Wheeler, Dudgeon, Snyder, J. Paul, Pinkerton, Lockwood, O. Smith, A. Miller.

There are some new Freshman coming up at Adena and ZT that have some experience, but I am not familiar with that could change this order if finishes after the first round of play.

Going to try to get out and watch the better matchups this year.

It’s hard to look at stats on Softball Players because interpretations are so different from book keeper to book keeper. Use the Eye Test.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

HotDogSoftball wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:04 pm Huntington brings everyone back except maybe 1 or 2 seniors from last year. And then they have the Kellough kid pitching. Westfall will be a force to reckon with. Unioto has solid team with 9 solid return players, will only will miss Jayla Campbell speed when she got on base. Adena will be young and I am not sure what the new coach will have to do with this team. See how it goes.
Zane Trace will be mid to back of pack with no pitching standouts. Paint Valley has 2-3 pretty good players with Smith and Stanforth. Southeastern has a couple players along with Lockwood, Piketon does not have a whole lot.

My picks are
Westfall
Huntington
Unioto
PV
ZT
Adena
Piketon
SE

Pitchers to watch (in no order) Kellough, Dudgeon, Pinkerton.

Power Hitters or Tough at bats to watch (in no order) A.Miller, Kellough, L. Snyder, Pinkerton,H. Holt, J. Williams, Stonerock, O. Smith.

Defensive Players (no order) C. Wheeler, Dudgeon, Snyder, J. Paul, Pinkerton, Lockwood, O. Smith, A. Miller.

There are some new Freshman coming up at Adena and ZT that have some experience, but I am not familiar with that could change this order if finishes after the first round of play.

Going to try to get out and watch the better matchups this year.

It’s hard to look at stats on Softball Players because interpretations are so different from book keeper to book keeper. Use the Eye Test.
Nice run down. I think the finishing order of ZT, PV, and Adena depends on what happens in the circle.

Scoob25
Waterboy

Post by Scoob25 »

Who are top players by position this year?

Big Daddy 7371
Varsity

Post by Big Daddy 7371 »

Unioto has fingers crossed on Tuesday
hoping Wheeler is released to play

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Big Daddy 7371 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:54 pm Unioto has fingers crossed on Tuesday
hoping Wheeler is released to play
Think they would move her to another position, at least for this year?

Big Daddy 7371
Varsity

Post by Big Daddy 7371 »

was told they had intersquad game tonight
looked very good and was told wheeler caught 2 innings
and also went yard so i'd say she's going to be fine

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Big Daddy 7371 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:31 pm was told they had intersquad game tonight
looked very good and was told wheeler caught 2 innings
and also went yard so i'd say she's going to be fine
Good to hear that she is healthy. Hate to see any high school kid go through an injury like that!

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Who are some Freshman to be on the lookout for this year?

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Westfall And Oak Hill would been a nice matchup in district or regional .

Big Daddy 7371
Varsity

Post by Big Daddy 7371 »

se-alum wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:43 am Who are some Freshman to be on the lookout for this year?
adena - G Bossert stands out
SE - A Richendollar
ZT - G Mccullough and L Scott
just to name a few

Return to “Softball”