To All Travel Softball Teams Still Practicing

PtownClown
Freshman Team

To All Travel Softball Teams Still Practicing

Post by PtownClown »

To all travel softball teams or any teams for that matter PLEASE stop holding organized team practices. School activities are postponed for a reason. Social distancing is in place for a reason. Use some common sense and have respect for others in the community. We will all get back at the appropriate time but now is not the time to be practicing in groups. Don’t be foolish enough to think what’s happening in other parts of the country and the world can’t happen here.

PtownClown
Freshman Team

Re: To All Travel Softball Teams Still Practicing

Post by PtownClown »

Curry acknowledged that one of the reasons he wanted to have this forum with Fauci was to try to give information to younger people about what's happening with the virus. Fauci noted in his commentary that medical officials in the U.S. are seeing the virus attack more younger patients than in other parts of the world.

"What we're starting to see is people who are younger, young, healthy, vigorous, who don't have any underlying conditions, who are getting seriously ill," Fauci said. "It's still a very, very small minority, but it doesn't mean that young people like yourself should say, 'I'm completely exempt from any risk of getting seriously ill.' And that's the reason why when we talk about being careful of physical distancing, doing the kind of social separation, it means not only for the elderly, but the young people have to do it too, for two reasons. One, you need to protect yourself because you're not completely exempt from serious illness. But two, you can become the vector, or the carrier of infection where you get infected, you feel well, and then you inadvertently and innocently pass it onto your grandfather or your grandmother or your uncle who's on chemotherapy for cancer. That's what we got to be careful."

ManitouDan2
SE

Post by ManitouDan2 »

So just who is holding practices ? Call them out and show them to be the fools they are . Any org worth their salt would not approve of this , nor any unsuspecting parent should get drawn into this org .. so who is it ?

Crush2003
Waterboy

Post by Crush2003 »

I hope its not High School age girls practicing with their travel teams. Even though its a slight chance they play HS ball this spring it would make them ineligible if HS does get some of the season in. I guess if their HS team didn't compete in a scrimmage it gives them that loophole.

PtownClown
Freshman Team

Post by PtownClown »

It’s Not a HS team

PtownClown
Freshman Team

Post by PtownClown »

It’s a “local” travel ball team

Sballbball24/7
Riding the Bench

Post by Sballbball24/7 »

The chances for travel ball to happen this summer are VERY slim..even if they release this lockdown in may and they give the go for travel teams I guarantee you many teams will have parents that are not going to take or let their kids travel to different states and stay in hotels all over the place..some won’t care but a lot will..and also each state traveled to will have different regulations that might still be in effect..I can maybe see ohsaa extending school ball season if they have chance to but I don’t know if that would work or not..but I definitely think school ball would get the go before travel ball if either one did just for the simple fact of small towns and less people..but in the long run these schools are going to be more concerned about getting the seniors to walk across the stage and get their diplomas

PtownClown
Freshman Team

Post by PtownClown »

I agree with this, travel ball could be affected no doubt
This is not gonna be a one day we are social distancing the next day we are back to doing whatever we were doing before
This is going to be a gradual weaning process over a length period of time

PtownClown
Freshman Team

Post by PtownClown »

The interesting thing about extending the school season into summer and cutting into travel ball is that in my opinion travel ball in many cases is more important to a player in terms of development and getting opportunities at the next level

Return to “Softball”