Wheelersburg softball 2021

ManitouDan
SEOPS H
Posts: 7840
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:09 pm

Re: Wheelersburg softball 2021

Post by ManitouDan »

SoftballGirl wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:04 am
JTEK wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:06 pm [

They should have been playing the last 4-5 years
Not sure why you would want to play the second best team in the SOC 1 over the last five years and not the best team. Over the last five years Clay has 4 SOC1 Championships and Symmes Valley and Notre Dame tied with one championship each.
And the Clay-ND battle rages on .. LOL , its a pretty healthy rivalry .. but lately ND has the edge , and ND will be better for years to come . Freshman P is dang good , lots of good freshman and sophs .


Liberal:(n) A person so open minded their brains fell out .
fbnut
SEOP
Posts: 3729
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:18 pm

Re: Wheelersburg softball 2021

Post by fbnut »

SoftballGirl wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:04 am
JTEK wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:06 pm [

They should have been playing the last 4-5 years
Not sure why you would want to play the second best team in the SOC 1 over the last five years and not the best team. Over the last five years Clay has 4 SOC1 Championships and Symmes Valley and Notre Dame tied with one championship each.
I’ve been told the clay burg thing won’t happen because of ruby clay connection
Don’t read anything bad into it, it’s nothing like a former burg basketball coach that stepped down rather than have to play the burg when his school moved up to SOC2


Areukidinme
Waterboy
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:29 pm

Re: Wheelersburg softball 2021

Post by Areukidinme »

Areukidinme, Burg will never play one of those smaller schools. Stopped by on way home from work last night watched couple of innings of Burg/Northwest. Burg hit a couple of Bombs first couple of innings but they still need consistency from their bats, defense is coming along. From the SOC II level they have little competition, however, they could stumble against a quality pitcher on a given night from their SOC opponents. Question is, who is that pitcher?

Burg competition will come from scheduled Kentucky, West Virginia teams and then we will be lurking during tournament time.

I will be checking in occasionally, don't get to see much of the games due to traveling work schedule. Have always been impressed by the Burg community and their passion for girls softball. Only one other team I pay much attention to is...................


ManitouDan
SEOPS H
Posts: 7840
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:09 pm

Re: Wheelersburg softball 2021

Post by ManitouDan »

Looks like someone forgot to logout , and back in ....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Liberal:(n) A person so open minded their brains fell out .
ManitouDan
SEOPS H
Posts: 7840
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:09 pm

Re: Wheelersburg softball 2021

Post by ManitouDan »

Burg will play anyone that helps them prepare for the final 8-4-2 teams at D3 , truth is playing ND doesnt do that . They may play soon , , only because the SOC2 doesnt exactly offer much good pitching this year and I know thats the staff wants up there at Burg , playing the most challenging schedule they can to get ready for tourney time . And ND has a very good young thrower .


Liberal:(n) A person so open minded their brains fell out .
longball
JV Team
Posts: 255
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:39 pm

Re: Wheelersburg softball 2021

Post by longball »

Areukidinme wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:25 am Areukidinme, Burg will never play one of those smaller schools. Stopped by on way home from work last night watched couple of innings of Burg/Northwest. Burg hit a couple of Bombs first couple of innings but they still need consistency from their bats, defense is coming along. From the SOC II level they have little competition, however, they could stumble against a quality pitcher on a given night from their SOC opponents. Question is, who is that pitcher?

Burg competition will come from scheduled Kentucky, West Virginia teams and then we will be lurking during tournament time.

I will be checking in occasionally, don't get to see much of the games due to traveling work schedule. Have always been impressed by the Burg community and their passion for girls softball. Only one other team I pay much attention to is...................

I’m confused by your posts. Why is this other team you say you follow a secret? And why aren’t you talking about that team?


ManitouDan
SEOPS H
Posts: 7840
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:09 pm

Re: Wheelersburg softball 2021

Post by ManitouDan »

longball wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:07 pm
Areukidinme wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:25 am Areukidinme, Burg will never play one of those smaller schools. Stopped by on way home from work last night watched couple of innings of Burg/Northwest. Burg hit a couple of Bombs first couple of innings but they still need consistency from their bats, defense is coming along. From the SOC II level they have little competition, however, they could stumble against a quality pitcher on a given night from their SOC opponents. Question is, who is that pitcher?

Burg competition will come from scheduled Kentucky, West Virginia teams and then we will be lurking during tournament time.

I will be checking in occasionally, don't get to see much of the games due to traveling work schedule. Have always been impressed by the Burg community and their passion for girls softball. Only one other team I pay much attention to is...................

I’m confused by your posts. Why is this other team you say you follow a secret? And why aren’t you talking about that team?
Ole boy is just stirring the pot , he/she obviously has multiple accounts and forgot to log out ... and then addressed their self . :lol: Whatever I dont mind some smack talk at all.


Liberal:(n) A person so open minded their brains fell out .
Hammer
Waterboy
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:28 am

Re: Wheelersburg softball 2021

Post by Hammer »

God forbid burg possibly losing to a smaller school


rxburgfan
All State
Posts: 1435
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:26 pm

Re: Wheelersburg softball 2021

Post by rxburgfan »

Nobody local gonna compete this year. They are rolling in the runs and just getting settled. Burg will give up a few runs but their offense is tough 1-9.


smurray
SEOPS HO
Posts: 9902
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:52 pm

Re: Wheelersburg softball 2021

Post by smurray »

Wheelersburg travels to 5-0 Waverly on Monday.
The Pirates will be a decided favorite even though the Tigers have yet to lose.


longball
JV Team
Posts: 255
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:39 pm

Re: Wheelersburg softball 2021

Post by longball »

Burg 16 Minford 0

Burg 13 Hilliard Bradley 3
Second game cancelled.


Areukidinme
Waterboy
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:29 pm

Re: Wheelersburg softball 2021

Post by Areukidinme »

Lucky enough to get to Symmes Valley for the weekend. Saw several good games Friday/Saturday until the rain came. Burg, Raceland and Ironton were the best three teams, Burg only played one game, roughed up a good Hilliard Darby team with timely hitting and a bomb that went at least 300 ft.. Ironton, Raceland played with Ironton winning 3-2. Very good game. Ironton and Hilliard Darby were playing in the rain when I left, everyone else had called it a day. Burg second baseman got clobbered on a play at 1st base, hope she is Ok.

My team took it on the chin a couple of times, maybe we don't want to play the Burg, this year or the next five.


shoelace
JV Team
Posts: 387
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:42 pm

Re: Wheelersburg softball 2021

Post by shoelace »

Burg sounds like a dadgum machine. Maybe State title worthy?


longball
JV Team
Posts: 255
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:39 pm

Re: Wheelersburg softball 2021

Post by longball »

Burg with 4 more bombs tonight in 13-2 win over Waverly. Burgs 9 hole has 2 or 3 home runs so far this season.. if that tells you anything about the strength of their lineup.


60ft
Freshman Team
Posts: 112
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:35 pm

Re: Wheelersburg softball 2021

Post by 60ft »

What happened against Teays Valley. I heard Burg didn’t want to play because they knew they was going get beat by a D-1 team. Base loaded with no outs for Teays in the bottom of one. They called the game because of the weather. Other games was playing on


fbnut
SEOP
Posts: 3729
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:18 pm

Re: Wheelersburg softball 2021

Post by fbnut »

60ft wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:02 pm What happened against Teays Valley. I heard Burg didn’t want to play because they knew they was going get beat by a D-1 team. Base loaded with no outs for Teays in the bottom of one. They called the game because of the weather. Other games was playing on
Yeah because that would have totally ruined the entire season if they would have went on to lose that game😂
Don’t the umps call games because of weather?


ManitouDan
SEOPS H
Posts: 7840
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:09 pm

Re: Wheelersburg softball 2021

Post by ManitouDan »

60ft wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:02 pm What happened against Teays Valley. I heard Burg didn’t want to play because they knew they was going get beat by a D-1 team. Base loaded with no outs for Teays in the bottom of one. They called the game because of the weather. Other games was playing on
Weak ass attempt at trolling .. Did Gahanna and Pick North enjoy getting it handed to the them by Class A Raceland ? Sorry if you were just trying to rile up Burg fans . Either way , weak sauce . I'm positive Burg just walked off the field at the first raindrop because TV loaded the bases .. :lol: :lol:


Liberal:(n) A person so open minded their brains fell out .
longball
JV Team
Posts: 255
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:39 pm

Re: Wheelersburg softball 2021

Post by longball »

Yes exactly what happened lol. Actually the other games stopped also.. except for the game being played on the HS field.. I’m pretty sure they didn’t finish either.


captainmorgan_
JV Team
Posts: 334
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:34 pm

Re: Wheelersburg softball 2021

Post by captainmorgan_ »

i predict this team to be state bound sturgills ability to get on base and hughes with a hot bat . other senior eller a tough out to. watched those kids in middle school. sophomore eaton lots of power. not as familir with the other younger ones but they are impressive. good mix of power and speed and very good but young pitching. cant forget to add great coaching. look forward to watching this team in a couple games this weekend


packers80
SE
Posts: 2268
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:13 pm

Re: Wheelersburg softball 2021

Post by packers80 »

BURG could be a tough out in the tournament if the continue to improve. Lots of talent but they've gotta continue to work.


Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Post Reply

Return to “Softball”