SEOP

Re: 2021 Softball Signings

Post by fbnut »

where does SSU practice?

longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

ManitouDan wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:01 am Shawnee made a good hire , the former assistant from Lindsey Wilson is a good guy and a hard worker -- he knows how to recruit to win. They will be looking to be a player in the Mid South conference but that conference is the best NAIA conference in America -- easily . Its extremely difficult to recruit players good enough to compete in that conference when your facilities are not just sub par , but entirely missing. No home field for 2 years ??? Its inexcusable . Rumor has it they are building a on campus field but I was hearing that 4 years ago also. Can you imagine recruiting a player with several offers and you have to tell her " we play at a local HS field" ? Good Luck.

My daughter may have considered staying close to home and playing ball at Shawnee but you’re right… the fact that they don’t even have their own field didn’t make the idea very appealing.. I hope this new coach turns things around.

sportsnutscioto
Waterboy

Post by sportsnutscioto »

ManitouDan wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:01 am Shawnee made a good hire , the former assistant from Lindsey Wilson is a good guy and a hard worker -- he knows how to recruit to win. They will be looking to be a player in the Mid South conference but that conference is the best NAIA conference in America -- easily . Its extremely difficult to recruit players good enough to compete in that conference when your facilities are not just sub par , but entirely missing. No home field for 2 years ??? Its inexcusable . Rumor has it they are building a on campus field but I was hearing that 4 years ago also. Can you imagine recruiting a player with several offers and you have to tell her " we play at a local HS field" ? Good Luck.
SSU should never have left Doc Singleton Park until they had a field of their own. There are lots of small colleges that lease/rent fields/stadiums/gymnasiums for their teams. Sharing a field with a high school team is a scheduling disaster waiting to happen.

I would imagine they have a hard time recruiting players when they tell them they share a field with a high school team and don’t have access to an indoor hitting facility.

I think they played games at Portsmouth, Norte Dame and Greenup a couple years ago. Playing home games like nomads.

RiverRatfastpitch
Waterboy

Post by RiverRatfastpitch »

I think someone from the west side wanted SSU out of there. Could have been due to several reasons. Heard so many rumors don't know what the truth was. ;)

Return to “Softball”