JV Team

Re: SOC 1 Predictions

Post by captainmorgan_ »

hughes and sturgill from burg could see possible co poy

ColdHardTruth
JV Team

Post by ColdHardTruth »

captainmorgan_ wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 11:43 am hughes and sturgill from burg could see possible co poy
SOC 1 is the Topic.
Believe it or not someone other than Burg plays softball around here.

Pitcher of the year. Is NDs Sparks
Coach of the year is Gearhart at Clay I believe or Estep at SV

captainmorgan_
JV Team

Post by captainmorgan_ »

ColdHardTruth wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 1:33 pm
captainmorgan_ wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 11:43 am hughes and sturgill from burg could see possible co poy
SOC 1 is the Topic.
Believe it or not someone other than Burg plays softball around here.

Pitcher of the year. Is NDs Sparks
Coach of the year is Gearhart at Clay I believe or Estep at SV
my bad i forgot wburg was soc2
good luck to all the young ladies the remainder of the season i hear nd has a good team

SoftballGirl
Freshman Team

Post by SoftballGirl »

SE Div 4 Seedings

SOC teams take the top 4 spots. The seedings pretty much reflect the SOC 1 standings also with SOC teams bookending the seedings. Top 3 teams take the first three seeds and the bottom 3 teams take the last three seeds and then Green running in the middle of the pack.

1. Notre Dame
2. Clay
3. Symmes Valley
4. South Webster
5. Manchester
6. Waterford
7. Peebles
8. Belpre
9. Green
10. Southern
11. South Gallia
12. Eastern
13. Miller
14. Paint Valley
15. Trimble
16. Whiteoak
17. Western
18. Glenwood
19. Sciotoville East

SoftballGirl
Freshman Team

Post by SoftballGirl »

Updated Standings from what I could find online. PDT hasn't posted any updates lately. Couldn't find much information on New Boston, Western or East.

Notre Dame 16-0 (11-0 SOC)
Clay 17-4 (10-1 SOC)
Symmes Valley 14-6 (9-4 SOC)
Green 8-13 (6-6 SOC)
Last edited by SoftballGirl on Thu May 06, 2021 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

ColdHardTruth
JV Team

Post by ColdHardTruth »

Green is 8-13 (6-6 SOC)

In 3 of their last 5 games have been 1 run losses. Tough luck for the Bobcats.

7-6 Symmes Valley
2-1 Manchester
1-0 Notre Dame

SoftballGirl
Freshman Team

Post by SoftballGirl »

ColdHardTruth wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:29 pm Green is 8-13 (6-6 SOC)

In 3 of their last 5 games have been 1 run losses. Tough luck for the Bobcats.

7-6 Symmes Valley
2-1 Manchester
1-0 Notre Dame
Thanks. I updated my post.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

SoftballGirl wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:07 pm Updated Standings from what I could find online. PDT hasn't posted any updates lately. Couldn't find much information on New Boston, Western or East.

Clay 17-4 (10-1 SOC)
Green 8-13 (6-6 SOC)
This is the latest that I have.
New Boston 2-12, 2-7
Western 3-14, 2-9
East 1-16, 1-9

SE_Ohio_Athletics
Waterboy

Post by SE_Ohio_Athletics »

a_c_m wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 8:45 am
SoftballGirl wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:07 pm Updated Standings from what I could find online. PDT hasn't posted any updates lately. Couldn't find much information on New Boston, Western or East.

Clay 17-4 (10-1 SOC)
Green 8-13 (6-6 SOC)
This is the latest that I have.
New Boston 2-12, 2-7
Western 3-14, 2-9
East 1-16, 1-9
The top three teams are always at the top of SOC 1 as you can see by the records. Great coaching staffs are ND, Clay, and SV with their programs continuing to improve. We definitely see a strength of schedule by ND, Clay, and SV since half of their schedule is non-competitive unless they don't play some of their starters. The rest of the teams just beat on each other and are not competitive which is the problem with the small school division. Just don't have the talent. Many of the bottom 4 teams play double headers and get wins versus non-starters in the second game. They were just mercy ruled the first game or play a team that just decides to field their younger girls to build for the future playing a team with a losing record. This is the only way it helps larger successful programs and fill their schedule. It is tough when teams are getting mercy ruled most evenings unless they play teams who also struggle which shows when they are eliminated quickly in the tournament.

SoftballGirl
Freshman Team

Post by SoftballGirl »

SOC 1 Teams - Tournament Games 5/13

(16) Whiteoak @ (1) Notre Dame
(9) Green @ (8) Belpre
(15) Trimble @ (2) Clay
(14) Paint Valley @ (3) Symmes Valley

(19) East, (18) New Boston and (17) Western all lost on Monday 5/10. Hopefully we can see all four teams come out with a win tonight.

SE_Ohio_Athletics
Waterboy

I would say the "cream of the crop" of SOC 1 will bring home to wins tonight. The only doubtful team is Green. Belpre won't play their JV so I am going to go with a W for the Eagles here.

SoftballGirl
Freshman Team

Post by SoftballGirl »

Belpre mercies Green so they join East, New Boston and Western by finishing up their season in Sectionals. Notre Dame, Clay and Symmes Valley still remain. Will the 1, 2, and 3 seeds in the SE district pull out wins or will there be an upset.

5/18 (1) Notre Dame vs (8) Belpre
5/18 (2) Clay vs (7) Peebles
5/18 (3) Symmes Valley vs (6) Waterford

Notre Dame should continue their season with Belpre just being a bump in the road. Clay defeated Peebles in an early season scrimmage but that was two months ago. Have both teams gotten better? Can Symmes Valley out hit Waterford? SV has the better pitcher but Waterford might be the better hitting team. Should be a good game.

SE_Ohio_Athletics
Waterboy

SoftballGirl wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 8:52 am Belpre mercies Green so they join East, New Boston and Western by finishing up their season in Sectionals. Notre Dame, Clay and Symmes Valley still remain. Will the 1, 2, and 3 seeds in the SE district pull out wins or will there be an upset.

5/18 (1) Notre Dame vs (8) Belpre
5/18 (2) Clay vs (7) Peebles
5/18 (3) Symmes Valley vs (6) Waterford

Notre Dame should continue their season with Belpre just being a bump in the road. Clay defeated Peebles in an early season scrimmage but that was two months ago. Have both teams gotten better? Can Symmes Valley out hit Waterford? SV has the better pitcher but Waterford might be the better hitting team. Should be a good game.
From the games I have seen out of all three SOC 1 teams, I would say ND and Clay will not have any problems moving on. SV will have their hands full with Waterford but I am sure that coaching staff will have them ready. Hopefully, the weather will not factor into any of these games since there is a chance of rain tomorrow.

SoftballGirl
Freshman Team

Post by SoftballGirl »

5/22 (1) ND vs (4) South Webster
5/22 (3) Symmes Valley vs (7) Peebles

SoftballGirl
Freshman Team

Post by SoftballGirl »

SOC 1 Player Awards
SOC 1, District, All State Awards

SOC1 Player of the Year - Ava Jenkins (Green)
SOC1 Pitcher of the Year - Gwen Sparks (Notre Dame)
SOC1 Coach of the Year - Odie Estep (Symmes Valley)

SOC 1st Team - (Notre Dame) Gwen Sparks, Claire Detwiller, Isabelle Cassidy, (Clay) Megan Bazler, Preslee Lutz, (Symmes Valley) Emily Estep, Kelsie Gothard, (Green) Ava Jenkins, (New Boston) Jadlyn Lawson, (Western) Mea Henderson, (East) Mia Caldwell

SOC 2nd Team - (Notre Dame) Ava Hassel, Annie Dettwiller, (Clay) Kat Cochran, Shaley Munion, (Symmes Valley) Kylee Thompson, (New Boston) Cassie Williams, (Green) Kasey Kimbler, (Western) Morgan Whitley, (East) Peyton Johnson

District 1st Team - (Notre Dame) Gwen Sparks, Claire Detwiller, (Clay) Megan Bazler, Preslee Lutz, (Symmes Valley) Emily Estep, Kelsey Gothard, (Green) Ava Jenkins

District 2nd Team - (Notre Dame) Isabell Cassidy, Annie Dettwiller, (Clay) Kat Cochran, (Symmes Valley) Savannah Mart, (New Boston) Mackenzie Whitley, (Green) Kasey Kimbler, (Western) Mea Henderson, (East) Mia Caldwell

District Honorable Mention - (East) Peyton Johnson, Gracie Smith, Felicia Smith, (New Boston) Cassie Williams, Dylan O’Rourke, Jadelyn Lawson, (Green) Emily Brady, Kamie Sweeney, (Western) Bailey Elliot, Morgan Whitley, (Clay) Shaley Munion, (Symmes Valley) Desiree Simpson

All State 1st Team - Emily Estep (Symmes Valley), Megan Bazler (Clay)

All State 2nd Team - Claire Detwiller (Notre Dame)

All State Honorable Mention - Gwen Sparks (Notre Dame)

I tried to consolidate the list down to SOC1 teams. If I missed anything or got something wrong let me know and I will fix it.
Last edited by SoftballGirl on Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Clays Bazler and Lutz on both SOC 1 and 2 teams?

SoftballGirl
Freshman Team

Post by SoftballGirl »

transplant wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:54 pm Clays Bazler and Lutz on both SOC 1 and 2 teams?
Thanks. Got it fixed. Thats what copy and paste does for you.

Real Time
Freshman Team

Post by Real Time »

Claire Detwiller was 1st team all district and 2nd team all state but not POY in the SOC 1... How does that happen?

Moses Guthrie
Varsity

Post by Moses Guthrie »

Real Time wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:00 pm Claire Detwiller was 1st team all district and 2nd team all state but not POY in the SOC 1... How does that happen?
It shouldn’t have. Claire’s not only the best player in the entire SOC 1, but she’s one of the best players in this part of the state, alongside a handful of other players like Moore, Perry, Eaton etc..

Return to “Softball”