D4 VS D3 VS D2

ColdHardTruth
JV Team

D4 VS D3 VS D2

Post by ColdHardTruth »

I was looking around and it's pretty common to as D4 schools play D3 schools. But I was noticing not a lot of D3 schools seem to schedule with D2 schools, outside of Burg.

Is this a result of distance it is from our area to D2 schools or the fact that theirs just not that many D2 schools around to even schedule with?

And I could be incorrect and just simply missed games scheduled between D3/D2 games. It was just a quick observation.

Realist
Freshman Team

Re: D4 VS D3 VS D2

Post by Realist »

I think it has to do with the fact that there are more D3 teams in the area to play against each other. Not as many D4 teams, so they are forced to schedule D3...

ColdHardTruth
JV Team

Post by ColdHardTruth »

Is there more D3?
I felt like there's WAAY more D4. But again, I could be wrong. I may have it backwards as I'm thinking about it.

Dadof3
Waterboy

Post by Dadof3 »

The Southeast District division breakdown for this year
D2- 19 teams
D3- 31 teams
D4- 19 teams

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

Post by ManitouDan »

I know a ton of the d2's are long road trips for the d4's .. and many are not that crazy about playing the good d4's .. doesnt look good on selection saturday with that L

Liberal:(n) A person so open minded their brains fell out .
Rosscoresident
Freshman Team

Post by Rosscoresident »

Adena has D2 teams all over their schedule

ColdHardTruth
JV Team

Post by ColdHardTruth »

I understand D2s not playing D4s they have everything to lose and not a lot to gain.

I didn't realize the D3s outnumbered D4 so much. Makes sense why they schedule with D4 so often and not D2.

SE_Ohio_Athletics
Waterboy

Post by SE_Ohio_Athletics »

ColdHardTruth wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:51 pm I understand D2s not playing D4s they have everything to lose and not a lot to gain.

I didn't realize the D3s outnumbered D4 so much. Makes sense why they schedule with D4 so often and not D2.
It also comes down to a lot to travel times since transportation is an issue. Many schools have to wait until the school routes are finished before they can even leave their own school to travel. Many fields in our area don't have lights on their field so it is a race to get a game in before it starts getting too dark. SV tourney does bring in some larger schools for our D3 and D4 schools to play. SV is D4 and plays/wins against D2 schools in the past.

Return to “Softball”