Regional Semi

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Re: Regional Semi

Post by The Nature Boy »

Yes. Good luck to Peebles. Gotta root for the neighbors.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Congratulations to the Lady Fighting Tigers on their win over Westfall.

Congratulations to the Lady Pirates on their win over Tusky Valley.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

captainmorgan_ wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 10:22 pm my two favorite teams ironton and wburg will play for trip to the final 4. question is can moore keep the pirates off of the bases. hopefully but not so sure
Nailed it....

longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

Just from what I’ve heard, I thought Westfall would put the bat on the ball better than that.

Burg wins 13-6. Tusky Valley swings the bat very well.

5 more bombs for Burg this game. I think this puts them close to 50 for the season.

Saturday should be a great game against Ironton. First team to score 3 wins...?

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

If Ironton can hold Wheelersburg to 3 runs then they have a great chance to win but I don’t see that happening. I think there is more of a chance Wheelersburg ends this one in 5 than being held to 3 runs.

Burg Bias
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg Bias »

Wheelersburg is probably better at every position except for pitcher and catcher. Wheelersburg is the better hitting team. Wheelersburg is the better fielding team. BUT they'll be facing a D1 caliber pitcher and good pitching beats good hitting. Not that Wheelersburg's pitcher isn't good but she's only a freshman and probably a year or two away from being at the level of the Ironton girl. If the Pirates can put the ball in play enough to score 3 or 4 runs they've got a good chance to win but Ironton's pitcher is for real and it's not going to be easy. This one should be a long one.
Good Luck Pirates!
Last edited by Burg Bias on Fri May 28, 2021 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Should be a game that you see at this point. Burg hitting lineup has no weak spots. But can Ironton pitcher get into a rhythm and keep the ball in the park.

Sballbball24/7
Riding the Bench

Post by Sballbball24/7 »

Do they live stream the tournament games?...I know they did for college softball but was curious if they were for high school

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Sballbball24/7 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:11 pm Do they live stream the tournament games?...I know they did for college softball but was curious if they were for high school
I don’t think they are....

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

from what I've watched of the Burg, they put the ball in play. The little bit I watched the other day not one girl struck out. Puts a lot of pressure on the defense when a team is doing that.

Ironton pitcher will need the Burg girls to swing at bad pitches and I don't see that happening. She gets behind in the count and has to start grooving them down the middle could be a long day for her. This Burg team can flat out hit!!

Did they paly each other in the regular season this year??

longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

No they didn’t play in regular season. And you’re right, Burg needs to be disciplined at the plate. I think some teams have been intimidated and too anxious and swing at too many that they shouldn’t have. Burgs advantage is, they have a few girls who face this caliber of pitching regularly in travel ball.

60ft
Freshman Team

Post by 60ft »

Burg will win by 4-5 runs. Ironton makes to many errors on defense. Burg will put the ball in play. Burg base running is great. If Burg does lose Ruby is on a hot seat. The Goat is waiting to take over. Burg might not win the state this year. When those freshman are seniors and when the seventh and eighth grade classes come up watch out. That is when they will the state. I heard the junior high team went 42-0 this year.

longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

Burg Bias wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 8:56 am Wheelersburg is probably better at every position except for pitcher and catcher. Wheelersburg is the better hitting team. Wheelersburg is the better fielding team. BUT they'll be facing a D1 caliber pitcher and good pitching beats good hitting. Not that Wheelersburg's pitcher isn't good but she's only a freshman and probably a year or two away from being at the level of the Ironton girl. If the Pirates can put the ball in play enough to score 3 or 4 runs they've got a good chance to win but Ironton's pitcher is for real and it's not going to be easy. This one should be a long one.
Good Luck Pirates!
Not so sure I would say Irontons catcher is better. Preston pretty darn good behind the plate

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Burg catcher plays position well. Burg pitcher needs to get through first two innings. As game goes on she finds her groove.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Is the Ironton - Burg game being played today?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

a_c_m wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 1:11 pm Is the Ironton - Burg game being played today?
Yes burg up 8-1

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

9-1 Burg Final

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Great win BURG. Good luck in the next round.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Lineup 1-9 is tough. Saw it today. Dominant performance.

Return to “Softball”