D4 Regional

ManitouDan
SEOPS H

D4 Regional

Post by ManitouDan »

Notre Dame Vs Peebles .. Danville Vs Newark Cath . Thoughts ? I know zero about any of the teams other than ND .

Liberal:(n) A person so open minded their brains fell out .
packers80
SE

Re: D4 Regional

Post by packers80 »

Rooting for ND of course. Good luck ladies

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

ND pitching needs to be good. Runs become big in tourney play...

RiverRatfastpitch
Waterboy

Post by RiverRatfastpitch »

I think ND pitching will be there , eventually the question will be can they score against against pitching that equals theirs ... but Defense plus pitching is what gets it done , ands theirs is good , this could be the year they finally break thru and get to that final four . I hope they do , best of luck ND

SoftballGirl
Freshman Team

Post by SoftballGirl »

ND should easily win the Regional Semi and it wouldn't surprise me if the ND/Peebles game ends in a mercy rule. I see Danville coming out on the other side setting up a ND / Danville Regional Final.

Danville is always a solid squad year in and year out. This will be their sixth straight year making it to Regionals. Should be a good Regional Final matchup.

I thought the state championship would go thru Strasburg but Tuscarawas Central Catholic took them out last week.

I am going to go with Danville and Tuscarawas Central Catholic in the Regional Championship game.

SoftballGirl
Freshman Team

Post by SoftballGirl »

Shows what i know. Peebles scored 8 runs in the 5th to come from an 8-1 deficit to beat ND 10-9 in 9 innings.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Not too familiar with softball teams other than score-watching, but how did ND lose that game (feels like they hadn’t give up 10 runs total all year!)? I gotta assume walks/errors as the usual suspects.*

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

art_vandelay wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:35 am Not too familiar with softball teams other than score-watching, but how did ND lose that game (feels like they hadn’t give up 10 runs total all year!)? I gotta assume walks/errors as the usual suspects.*
asking myself the same thing
unusual for good teams like ND to blow a lead like that with their pitching

father time
Waterboy

Post by father time »

ND was without leadoff hitter and catcher Claire Detwiller with an injury. Had to move some players around in different spots. Had a couple walks, couple errors and gave up a couple hits.

SoftballGirl
Freshman Team

Post by SoftballGirl »

Shows how important a great player like Claire is to a team and their success. Hopefully she gets better soon. Great athlete all around. One of only a couple players in SOC1 that should probably be in the running for POY.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

father time wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 10:44 am ND was without leadoff hitter and catcher Claire Detwiller with an injury. Had to move some players around in different spots. Had a couple walks, couple errors and gave up a couple hits.
that stinks
disappointing ending but a great year

Buckeye1972
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye1972 »

One of the big problems in small high school sports, in case of injury, you have to plug holes by moving players around. You usually don't have the depth to overcome injuries. It is amazing in sports that the ball usually finds the replacements. But you have to give credit to Peebles as it seemed early in the game that the ND pitcher was totally in command and they led 8-1. ND and Peebles have been competitors in both softball and basketball. Seems like lately that both teams have been hit by the injury bug. A couple of years ago, one of the Notre Dame guards had a knee injury and the next year, the Justice girls from Peebles was injured and now Claire Dettwiller for the Lady Titans. Congrats to Doug McFarland and his Lady Indians.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Congrat to the Lady Indians, you show true grit and desire in a win like this. When it counted you rose to the top and now are the best team in Southern Ohio. Good Luck and on to State, Everyone should be congratulating on this achievement , instead of reasons why the other team lost. All it takes is one game for the real talent to rise to the top and achieve greatness. Congrats to the Peebles community and Coach McFarland. That’s why you play the game for moments like this and all the credit should go to the entire girls roster for this win.

dirt_cinders
JV Team

Post by dirt_cinders »

SoftballGirl wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 10:52 am Shows how important a great player like Claire is to a team and their success. Hopefully she gets better soon. Great athlete all around. One of only a couple players in SOC1 that should probably be in the running for POY.
Was rooting hard for ND.
ND was up 8 -1 in the 5th without their starting catcher. The win or loss of that game was not due to one player at all. ND will regroup and their young players will grow -- they are fully stocked for years to come. ND freshman pitcher is extremely talented and the other freshmen pitcher is top shelf. Congratulations and credit to Peebles because in my mind they pulled off what I see as an upset - a 12-12 team coming out on top of a 23 -0 team. Hopefully we meet again next year.

Return to “Softball”