2022 SOC1 Thread, scores, standings and schedules... post all year.

s.v.vikinglinex2
Varsity

Re: 2022 SOC1 Thread, scores, standings and schedules... post all year.

Post by s.v.vikinglinex2 »

Symmes Valley 5
Whiteoak 1

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

5/11
Notre Dame 14 Trimble 0
Clay 15 Green 0
Last edited by a_c_m on Thu May 26, 2022 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

SoftballGirl
Freshman Team

Post by SoftballGirl »

SoftballGirl wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:10 am My not so educated opinion.

1. Notre Dame
2. Clay
3. Symmes Valley
4. Green
5. Western
6. New Boston
7. East
8. St Joe (if they have a team)
Not too far off from my guess back in March. Would just need to flip Western and New Boston. Was pretty confident in the top 4 positions although some were making comments about Symmes Valley winning the conference and Clay dropping all the way down to the 4th spot.

ColdHardTruth
JV Team

Post by ColdHardTruth »

SoftballGirl wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 8:43 am
SoftballGirl wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:10 am My not so educated opinion.

1. Notre Dame
2. Clay
3. Symmes Valley
4. Green
5. Western
6. New Boston
7. East
8. St Joe (if they have a team)
Not too far off from my guess back in March. Would just need to flip Western and New Boston. Was pretty confident in the top 4 positions although some were making comments about Symmes Valley winning the conference and Clay dropping all the way down to the 4th spot.
Nope not far off at all.

Symmes Valley lost their starting pitcherfor the season during a scrimmage. While I'll agree they probably still don't beat ND even with her, it would have been interesting to see what they could do.

Clay played great, hats off to them for what they did despite the players they lost last year. Shows you what good pitching and great coaching can do.

Next year it will still be ND at the top with SV Challenging.

60ft
Freshman Team

Post by 60ft »

Notre Dame is the cream of crop of the SOC 1. The conference is one the weakest conference in region. Notre Dame will be good for the next several years. They will beat Portsmouth clay record for most titles row.

ColdHardTruth
JV Team

Post by ColdHardTruth »

No argument that it's Notre Dames to lose for the foreseeable future or until the next batch of recruits come in 😉
Never count Symmes Valley out though. They have a HOF Coach and are experts at not showing what talent they have until it's time to.

What might surprise you is that prior to this year in the previous couple years the SOC1 actually held an advantage in head to head with multiple conferences.
**Granted they were not playing Burg**
Also the resurgence of Portsmouth, West, Webster and others have flipped the conference strengths significantly back to traditional expectations.

But there for a a short span the SOC 1 was not the weakest conference by far.

80sballer
Waterboy

Post by 80sballer »

ND doesn’t have to recruit in girls sports, kids want to come there and play, culture, coaching and consistent winning recruits for them. Hate to admit it but have to respect it.

s.v.vikinglinex2
Varsity

Post by s.v.vikinglinex2 »

80sballer wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:02 pm ND doesn’t have to recruit in girls sports, kids want to come there and play, culture, coaching and consistent winning recruits for them. Hate to admit it but have to respect it.
No but it sure does help all other schools only get a player for half of the season when they transfer.

SiderBlood
All Conference

Post by SiderBlood »

80sballer wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:02 pm ND doesn’t have to recruit in girls sports, kids want to come there and play, culture, coaching and consistent winning recruits for them. Hate to admit it but have to respect it.
Kids rarely want to move schools on their own. Its because mommy's and daddy's don't get their way at other schools or things happen that they don't like and then they get in their kids heads and tell them it's everyone else's fault. Luckily ND is a good place for those kids to meet up.

"Everyone has a plan until you get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson
dirt_cinders
JV Team

Post by dirt_cinders »

Kids are moving in and out of schools. It is where we are today in high school athletics - I am not fond of it but it is where we are. I believe ND football just lost a really good athlete for this coming year to another school. Parents and kids will always do what they think is in their best interest -- and yes, that usually has to do with playing time and opportunity. West is having a great season as is Notre Dame. Appears most of the transfers from West to ND made a decision they like and it appears good. ND has become a more viable option for many kids. There are a number of vouchers offered by the state of Ohio where ND tuition is free (that is, paid by the state) or highly discounted. That was not the case just a few years ago. ND numbers have really been rising the last 4 or 5 years. More than I have ever seen in the last 15 or so. I expect that to continue. There has even been some smoke around the prospects of a new school --- how valid? Who knows.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

5/25 Division IV
Notre Dame 10 Danville 0

5/28 Division IV Regional Final at Pickerington Central
Notre Dame vs Strasburg Franklin

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Was the Strasberg game postponed until today. Have seen no score on this one. I believe Norte Dame just to strong in this one. nD 6 Strasberg 2 Congrats to Wheelersburg Pirates to State.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Prime Time wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 11:43 am Was the Strasberg game postponed until today. Have seen no score on this one. I believe Norte Dame just to strong in this one. nD 6 Strasberg 2 Congrats to Wheelersburg Pirates to State.
Strasburg Franklin won over ND 13-2 yesterday.

Lovehoops1
Freshman Team

Post by Lovehoops1 »

dirt_cinders wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 7:51 am Kids are moving in and out of schools. It is where we are today in high school athletics - I am not fond of it but it is where we are. I believe ND football just lost a really good athlete for this coming year to another school. Parents and kids will always do what they think is in their best interest -- and yes, that usually has to do with playing time and opportunity. West is having a great season as is Notre Dame. Appears most of the transfers from West to ND made a decision they like and it appears good. ND has become a more viable option for many kids. There are a number of vouchers offered by the state of Ohio where ND tuition is free (that is, paid by the state) or highly discounted. That was not the case just a few years ago. ND numbers have really been rising the last 4 or 5 years. More than I have ever seen in the last 15 or so. I expect that to continue. There has even been some smoke around the prospects of a new school --- how valid? Who knows.
How good is the education there many many teachers have no credentials. Also they play in a weak conference its not hard to win with the best athletes lets not get all crazy on how great the coaching is. The coaching shows its self every year in the tournament when they should have gone farther in many sports than they have. They have had the talent to get there

dirt_cinders
JV Team

Post by dirt_cinders »

I was not commenting on the coaching or education but on transfers. As for coaching, my daughter finisher her 4 year basketball career with a 96 - 8 record and went to the regionals in VB. Softball this year just got beat in the regional championship. Education - there are teachers that are working with what I think you call temporary licensure? So I agree the staff may not be on par with public schools. The strength of ND is the learning community as a whole. Classrooms are competitive and most of the students are relatively academic. The thing I like the most is morning prayer and Pledge of Allegiance, religion class and a chapel in the school for worship. I also like that ND has control and can maintain control of the student body without having their hands tied. Disruptive students will not stay long.

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

SiderBlood wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 3:44 pm
Kids rarely want to move schools on their own. Its because mommy's and daddy's don't get their way at other schools or things happen that they don't like and then they get in their kids heads and tell them it's everyone else's fault. Luckily ND is a good place for those kids to meet up.

As I mentioned on basketball, why doesnt west and notre Dame play each other anymore? It was always good games, who's afraid of who?
Or is there more to it? Asking for a friend.

ColdHardTruth
JV Team

Post by ColdHardTruth »

I think we all know the answer to that

West Side Pride
All Conference

Post by West Side Pride »

Notre Dame avoiding a loss? Really do not know, I must be missing something...

Return to “Softball”