2022 SOC2 Thread, scores, standings and schedules... post all year.

southernpride
Riding the Bench

Re: 2022 SOC2 Thread, scores, standings and schedules... post all year.

Post by southernpride »

packers80 wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:31 pm BURG 5 to 2 over tuslaw. State champs
Fantastic!! Congrats Lady Pirates!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats to the Lady Pirates.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Congrats to the Lady Pirates.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Congrats lady pirates.

MyBodyDifferent
Freshman Team

Post by MyBodyDifferent »

Congrats very good team

*MrFirstTake*
NW97
Freshman Team

Post by NW97 »

Congrats Lady Pirates

captainmorgan_
JV Team

Post by captainmorgan_ »

congratulations pirates!!
after watching the finals I believe the two best teams in the state were from the soc

Areukidinme
Waterboy

Post by Areukidinme »

I have to agree with the Captain, the two teams the Burg played at state would struggle to beat West.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

What happened to all the talk about Burg taking a step back in 2022? Lost way to much talent, can’t replace them, won’t be as good?

longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

That was never said unless I missed it. You’re just stirring the pot. The only thing I remember being said was someone saying all of these incoming freshmen would be better than the past years seniors and I didn’t see any freshmen starting other than the SS who was very good.. I think everyone knew their weakness was pitching depth that year hence 15 hits given up in the semi finals. It doesn’t matter how good your defense is at that point..

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

longball wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:32 am That was never said unless I missed it. You’re just stirring the pot. The only thing I remember being said was someone saying all of these incoming freshmen would be better than the past years seniors and I didn’t see any freshmen starting other than the SS who was very good.. I think everyone knew their weakness was pitching depth that year hence 15 hits given up in the semi finals. It doesn’t matter how good your defense is at that point..
I may be wrong but I think the burgs DP in the state championship may have been a freshman and I think the pitcher that came into close the game may have been a freshman

longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

You keep editing and changing your post lol. My point was that I did disagree that the success of this years team wasn’t because a bunch of better freshmen replaced graduating seniors as was previously implied. Many factors contributed this teams success including the younger players being a year older, better pitching, more pitching depth, Macee got really hot, competition… etc.. however the freshman SS is very good! I just think it’s really rude and sad of anyone from Burg to get on here and imply that if they knew what those kids put into the program. Even if you’re thinking it, it’s rude to say. You're talking about kids some who were all state players all 3 years and lost the previous season to covid… AND showed up at many practices this season to help the current team prepare to win a state championship.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

longball wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:32 am That was never said unless I missed it. You’re just stirring the pot. The only thing I remember being said was someone saying all of these incoming freshmen would be better than the past years seniors and I didn’t see any freshmen starting other than the SS who was very good.. I think everyone knew their weakness was pitching depth that year hence 15 hits given up in the semi finals. It doesn’t matter how good your defense is at that point..

Are you sure about that?

Areukidinme
Waterboy
Post Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:03 pm

Good to be back and taking in games again this year, Burg is not near the team of last year, but no way PW beats them at home. Ironton pitcher is the best of the SO throwers, no question. Thought Trojans would shine but they clearly below the Burg, need a little more pitching. Regional finals Ironton/Burg for State tourney bragging rights. Need to see a few more games before picking a winner!

longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

ok well I didn’t write that so… like I said stirring the pot. And for what?

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

longball wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:11 pm ok well I didn’t write that so… like I said stirring the pot. And for what?
I’m just pointing out that it was said, and that you did miss it. As for your own comments, you said Burg’s offense wasn’t as good as last year’s offense.

longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

Keep it stirring

captainmorgan_
JV Team

Post by captainmorgan_ »

let me be clear that it takes a lot of talent and a little luck to win a state championship in any division. you really cant compare this years team with past teams or players due to not facing the same teams. I said in an earlier post that the two best teams in the state in div 3 were wburg and pwest. the level of competition those two teams had to face was not impressive all the way to the top. wburg being the best and pwest right behind just lacking a couple stronger players in the lineup.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

longball wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:11 pm ok well I didn’t write that so… like I said stirring the pot. And for what?
Not sure anyone said you did. Feeling guilty?

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

longball wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:58 am You keep editing and changing your post lol. My point was that I did disagree that the success of this years team wasn’t because a bunch of better freshmen replaced graduating seniors as was previously implied. Many factors contributed this teams success including the younger players being a year older, better pitching, more pitching depth, Macee got really hot, competition… etc.. however the freshman SS is very good! I just think it’s really rude and sad of anyone from Burg to get on here and imply that if they knew what those kids put into the program. Even if you’re thinking it, it’s rude to say. You're talking about kids some who were all state players all 3 years and lost the previous season to covid… AND showed up at many practices this season to help the current team prepare to win a state championship.
No one ever said one thing about incoming freshman being better than outgoing seniors. It’s possible for the team to improve just from team maturing from year to year and from adding a couple young kids. Has nothing to do with who left and who came in. You took it way to personal because people made comments about last years D. I would expect the players from this years team to be better players next year and will add 1-2 freshman that will contribute to the team’s success.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

longball wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:58 am You keep editing and changing your post lol. My point was that I did disagree that the success of this years team wasn’t because a bunch of better freshmen replaced graduating seniors as was previously implied. Many factors contributed this teams success including the younger players being a year older, better pitching, more pitching depth, Macee got really hot, competition… etc.. however the freshman SS is very good! I just think it’s really rude and sad of anyone from Burg to get on here and imply that if they knew what those kids put into the program. Even if you’re thinking it, it’s rude to say. You're talking about kids some who were all state players all 3 years and lost the previous season to covid… AND showed up at many practices this season to help the current team prepare to win a state championship.
Thanks for paying attention. I’ll probably edit this one of few times to😂. No one said the things you’re saying. The 2021 seniors were a great group. People commented that the 2021 team could have been better on defense. At times it was a weakness. No one called out anyone. Defense was a a strength of this years team. Anyone that watched them would agree they were a great defensive team and we’re better on offense than most thought they would be. Once again the 2021 seniors were a great group of kids.
Edits to follow😂
Edit #1 in the books if you are counting😂

Return to “Softball”