2023 Start Up

sportsnutscioto
Waterboy

2023 Start Up

Post by sportsnutscioto »

This thread has become D-E-A-D. Softball in Southern Ohio has a lot to be excited about. I’ll start a thread for fun.

Is this the year of Burg dominance? Short answer is yes. I see 2-3 potential All-State players on the roster. They have pitching, they have power and they have speed. I don’t see anyone knocking them off this season.

Will West give Wheelersburg a run for their money? If West’s pitcher is on, she as tough as any. However, big bats win the battle every now and then and I expect that Burg has too many studs in the lineup for West to be able to contain them. I think West will have another strong season, but being in a conference and division with Burg, the end result is pretty easy to predict.

Is anyone else in the BIG SOC worthy of comparison? I see Valley and South Webster having respectable seasons. Playing in that division of the SOC brings some challenges. But watch out for Valley and South Webster to give some teams trouble.

Will Notre Dame dominate the small school SOC? No question, yes. They have two of the most dominate arms in the region. I seen a post earlier asking why ND won’t play West??? Perhaps West has not had interest in this matchup. I won’t go there, but not too many teams really want to face the two arms ND has in the circle for a non-league game.

Anyone to watch out for in that SOC? Yes, Symmes Valley and Clay has the pitching that is more than capable of giving teams problems. I can see each of these two teams battling for a strong second place finish behind ND.

How about the OVC? I think the OVC will be up for grabs. Fairland has to be the favorite with a strong pitcher in the circle and a strong number two to relief. Ironton will be competitive, but losing a DI pitcher to OU is going to hurt. Portsmouth will be the team to challenge Fairland. They have some young prospects coming in and some returning starters that will make for some good games to watch in the OVC.

Let’s add to this discussion.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2023 Start Up

Post by Ironman92 »

I’ve been out of the softball loop for nearly a decade now….still interested but not much gets said on here.

60ft
Freshman Team

Re: 2023 Start Up

Post by 60ft »

Hillsboro 3 Notre Dame 2
South Webster 2 Notre Dame 1
Adena 30 South Point 0
Piketon 3 Chesapeake 1
Piketon 11 Chesapeake 3
Huntington 13 Trimble 3
River Valley 11 Huntington 0
Rock Hill 6 Valley 4