Waverly (10-1) vs Wheelersburg (12-0) 4-22-09

roundingthird
JV Team

Re: Waverly (10-1) vs Wheelersburg (12-0) 4-22-09

Post by roundingthird »

One of the best games I have ever witnessed! Great game by both teams.

Robertson pitched through 9 innnings I belive, with around 154 pitches. Had a HR, overall great performance.

Teeters comes up big in the top of 7, down 1, bases loaded, 0-2 count, 2 outs and rips a single down left field to score two. Burg comes back to tie it with a HR by #9 I belive. Then top of 10 Teeters leads off the inning with a HR. T. Tackett follows up by hitting a 2 run HR to give the Tigers a 3 run lead going into the 10th.

Tigers make it interesting, but pull out the 7-6 victory.

BULDOG
All Conference

Post by BULDOG »

Great ball game. Classic pitching duel between Robertson and Elliott.

A couple different lead changes throughout the game. Tied 2-2, then 4-4 then Waverly up 7-4 in the top of 10, then W'Burg scores 2 in the botttom of the 10th. Runner on 3rd and 2 out can't get the tie.

Robertson is very effective especially in the late innings. His curveball is nasty and gets nastier as the game wears on.

As expected Waverly has a solid team. No doubt the best team the Pirates have faced so far. Pirates will get another chance when they travel to Waverly in May.

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

Great game--Great atmosphere--Great coaching-- Great pitching--Best of all, both teams played with class.
Neither team ever gave up. Should be a great matchup in Waverly.

Incognito
Varsity

Post by Incognito »

Man, i wish i could have attended this game.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

I really enjoyed watching the game yesterday. Congrats to Waverly on the big win yesterday on our home field. To the Burg players, continue to work hard and you will be fine.

clevelandbrowns#1
Varsity

Post by clevelandbrowns#1 »

Sounds like a great game!!!
154 pitches???? Way to much pitches for any pitcher,college,pro or high school kid!!!! This can cause serious damage to his arm-I sure hope it doesn't and he bounces back from that!!!!!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Great game by both teams. Burg had a chance to tie or win it in the bottom of the 10th, but couldn't come through with the hit. Burg will bounce back form this tough loss and will be just fine. Sets up a big showdown up at Waverly for the next game.

Both starting pitchers threw a lot of pitches last night. Was surprised to see Robo come up for the last inning he pitched. He still had a nice curveball, but his fastball was next to nil. Like was said above, you hope that throwing that many pitches doesn't cause an arm problem somewhere down the road. Hard throwing lefties are hard to find and pro scouts are always looking for them. He is going to make someone a nice pitcher at the next level, whether it be in college or for a minor league team.

volsfan
Freshman Team

Post by volsfan »

Congrats to Waverly, they are very well coached and had what it takes to come into The Burg and win last night. Pirates will be fine, it was nice to see a great HS game, even if we had to take a loss. Go Burg

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

These types of post are exactly what I like about H.S. Baseball. Nobody blaming anyone or making excuses. Two teams battling for the W only for one to come up short. I am sure there were some bad calls but each team overcame them. I am not a fan of Burg or Waverly but I respect them, and I respect the fans and posts on this topic. Congratulations to both teams for a hard fought game. Good luck in the future. Some people should take notes on these posts and not worry about the men in blue, the coaches, or the fans of games.

Trooper
Freshman Team

Post by Trooper »

Regulator wrote:These types of post are exactly what I like about H.S. Baseball. Nobody blaming anyone or making excuses. Two teams battling for the W only for one to come up short. I am sure there were some bad calls but each team overcame them. I am not a fan of Burg or Waverly but I respect them, and I respect the fans and posts on this topic. Congratulations to both teams for a hard fought game. Good luck in the future. Some people should take notes on these posts and not worry about the men in blue, the coaches, or the fans of games.

You're right. If this was the football or basketball forum it'd be plastered with all sorts of negative comments. It sounded like a great game. Congratulations to Waverly and good luck to Wheelersburg the rest of the year.

jtc
Waterboy

Post by jtc »

Best game I ever watched. Both teams played there hearts out. Good luck to both teams the rest of the season.

ABB
Waterboy

Post by ABB »

Who did Waverly lose to?

Viva Zapata
Waterboy

Post by Viva Zapata »

ABB- I believe Waverly split with Huntington in a dh.

MrFirstTake
SE

Post by MrFirstTake »

Definently a game i will be streaming this week

no competition don't gotta compete, I'm already winning this isn't defeat 😵

Return to “Baseball”