River Valley(27) @ (0)Eastern Pike

BlizzardMan
S

Re: WK1 'River Valley @ Eastern Meigs

Post by BlizzardMan »

Ground Buck wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:08 pm
BlizzardMan wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:48 pm
Ground Buck wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:56 pm

I remember a lineman RV had in that game. He was as wide as he was tall. Short fella about 5'5", but prolly weighed 250 or better. Not much talent but he played hard. I think he's on here cause I remember him mentioning that game several times. That was an average to below average NY team that had a bad game that night. But RV did play hard, I agree with that. :mrgreen:
Whatever gets you through your day Ground Buck. That game holds a special place for me. My grandmother died earlier that week and it was very emotional game for me. It was a very rough week. I played one of my best games that night. So yeah I'm proud of that game. You can take jabs if it makes you feel better, but you won't sour what that game meant to me.
I take it that you're the short wide guy. No offense meant. I agree you played hard. :mrgreen:
I was 5'9 185 then. Center

RaiderDad
Waterboy

Post by RaiderDad »

Ground Buck wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:49 pm
HoopsHotHead wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:42 pm I was just saying it was the end for that coaching staff..... :mrgreen:
For the head coach, yes. No surprise though, it was a long time coming. Coincidentally, RV beat him in his first and last seasons. He's the only NY coach they could beat. He prolly should have got the boot the first time, and the second time wouldn't have happened. But maybe for you in 14 years the HC will be on his way out and RV can get another win. :mrgreen:
Why don't you go talk your garbage on another post? These are high school kids. If it makes you feel better to belittle then then I guess that makes you a mighty big man.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

I'm just curious why all the talk of River Valley versus NY....I think the title of this post is River Valley versus Reedsville Eastern...Maybe discuss the past RV/NY games when it comes time to play each other.

I come in here and hope to see what people are picking to happen in this weeks games.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Rv fairly easy

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Stone Cold
JV Team

Post by Stone Cold »

Sometimes you have to laugh at the stupidity on here. Anyway.... IMO This is a tough one for the eagles to win here. We will however see if they are as improved as most seem to think they are! Raiders pull away in the 2nd half! 35-7

And that's the bottom line, b/c Stone Cold said so....
MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

BlizzardMan wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:16 pm
xyz wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:12 pm

False again. 2003 beat the playoff team that NY had
Sure did. I was on that team. Honestly the Buckeyes were good that year and we just played our butts off. It meant a lot to us to win that game. Nothing but respect for the NY program.
I remember a lineman RV had in that game. He was as wide as he was tall. Short fella about 5'5", but prolly weighed 250 or better. Not much talent but he played hard. I think he's on here cause I remember him mentioning that game several times. That was an average to below average NY team that had a bad game that night. But RV did play hard, I agree with that. :mrgreen:
I think I played against that guy. we always used to say he wasnt very tall but he sure was round. He was pretty close to a perfect circle. 60 inches tall with a sixty inch waist. Its funny now because he works in our building.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

MarauderMadness wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:23 am
BlizzardMan wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:16 pm

Sure did. I was on that team. Honestly the Buckeyes were good that year and we just played our butts off. It meant a lot to us to win that game. Nothing but respect for the NY program.
I think I played against that guy. we always used to say he wasnt very tall but he sure was round. He was pretty close to a perfect circle. 60 inches tall with a sixty inch waist. Its funny now because he works in our building.
Interesting. Maybe you should swing by his room and talk to him. But I'm guessing you are just a keyboard warrior. Interestingly enough, Meigs also lost to RV that year.
Last edited by BlizzardMan on Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

tvc_fan wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:17 pm I'm just curious why all the talk of River Valley versus NY....I think the title of this post is River Valley versus Reedsville Eastern...Maybe discuss the past RV/NY games when it comes time to play each other.

I come in here and hope to see what people are picking to happen in this weeks games.
Because Ground Buck and MarauderMadness need hobbies.

Trailblazer
Riding the Bench

Post by Trailblazer »

I think RV will have a big night in this one... RV 34 Eastern 6

HammeredEagle
Waterboy

Post by HammeredEagle »

So excited for football season to be back! Didn't RV's best player go and take his talents south? Hammered Prediction: Eagles 13 RV 12

RaiderDad
Waterboy

Post by RaiderDad »

HammeredEagle wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:29 pm So excited for football season to be back! Didn't RV's best player go and take his talents south? Hammered Prediction: Eagles 13 RV 12
Good player yes but to say best player is a reach.

HammeredEagle
Waterboy

Post by HammeredEagle »

RaiderDad wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:39 pm
HammeredEagle wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:29 pm So excited for football season to be back! Didn't RV's best player go and take his talents south? Hammered Prediction: Eagles 13 RV 12
I don't want to reach, unless it is for a drink. :mrgreen: My senses were dulled a little, but if I remember right that kid was young and a beast at tailback, and probably even bigger at linebacker.

RaiderDad
Waterboy

Post by RaiderDad »

HammeredEagle wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:48 pm
RaiderDad wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:39 pm
I don't want to reach, unless it is for a drink. :mrgreen: My senses were dulled a little, but if I remember right that kid was young and a beast at tailback, and probably even bigger at linebacker.
Strong runner yes but will be missed more on defense. Was a very good linebacker. The kid that took over for him is every bit as good and will probably end up being a better all around player.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

BlizzardMan wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:28 pm
Ground Buck wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:08 pm
BlizzardMan wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:48 pm Whatever gets you through your day Ground Buck. That game holds a special place for me. My grandmother died earlier that week and it was very emotional game for me. It was a very rough week. I played one of my best games that night. So yeah I'm proud of that game. You can take jabs if it makes you feel better, but you won't sour what that game meant to me.
I take it that you're the short wide guy. No offense meant. I agree you played hard. :mrgreen:
I was 5'9 185 then. Center
5'9"? Wow, must have had 4" cleats screwed into your shoes, and 185 was probably what your pads and uni weighed, IF you were the guy. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

BlizzardMan wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:02 pm
tvc_fan wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:17 pm I'm just curious why all the talk of River Valley versus NY....I think the title of this post is River Valley versus Reedsville Eastern...Maybe discuss the past RV/NY games when it comes time to play each other.

Actually your pal xyz brought up the 2015 game between RV and NY, after I made an RV v. Eastern prediction. Then you chimed in telling how well you played at RV in 2003. So I would say maybe you need to find a new hobby to replace the one you have of patting yourself on the back. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Ground Buck wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:40 pm

Actually your pal xyz brought up the 2015 game between RV and NY, after I made an RV v. Eastern prediction. Then you chimed in telling how well you played at RV in 2003. So I would say maybe you need to find a new hobby to replace the one you have of patting yourself on the back. :mrgreen:
Well I was talking about my team so.....

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

BlizzardMan wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:53 pm

Yea, I see what you mean based on your statement below. :mrgreen:
I played one of my best games that night. So yeah I'm proud of that game.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

Ground Buck wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:39 pm
BlizzardMan wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:53 pm

Yea, I see what you mean based on your statement below. :mrgreen:
I played one of my best games that night. So yeah I'm proud of that game.
Yeah take part of what I said. Good job. Way to not include the whole post in context. That's fine. You probably never played because you're to big of a pussso you just talk crap on a keyboard all day. Did you clean jockstraps after the games?

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

RV 36 Eastern 18

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

GO RAIDERS!!!!
GO #7!!!!

Excited to start the season tonight!!!!