Re: WK3 Vinton County @ Fairfield Union

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

Could shape up to be a real good game. Like to see vc win

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Hopefully vc embraces the fact that they have Yates. If they don't pass then he should carry the ball. Look up some Kenton wildcats from 2011 on you tube. This should be there offense.

vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Embraces? Not sure what you mean by that. Can you elaborate? I also think it is refreshing to see VC in the spread. I feel that VC has some very nice athletes on the edges as well as in the backfield. They compliment Yates very well. Yates is very versatile and can throw as well as run.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Go VC

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

I expect FU to play well. First home game of the year.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

vctransplant wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:06 pm Embraces? Not sure what you mean by that. Can you elaborate? I also think it is refreshing to see VC in the spread. I feel that VC has some very nice athletes on the edges as well as in the backfield. They compliment Yates very well. Yates is very versatile and can throw as well as run.
I don't think you looked up the Kenton 2011 on YouTube lol. They were the definition of the spread. Basically if I was in charge of vc offense I would run maulk 5 wide empty. No running back best 5 athletes at receiver. Throw every play or qb run. Basically what I said you have Yates, use him. For 2 years they have handed it off against us and I'm thinking to myself thank you it's a free play for us.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

The question is, can VC get some more non league playoff points this week? I won't say for NY this time cause some of you get a redass when I do. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
vctransplant
All Conference

Post by vctransplant »

Rolltanks wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:11 am
vctransplant wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:06 pm Embraces? Not sure what you mean by that. Can you elaborate? I also think it is refreshing to see VC in the spread. I feel that VC has some very nice athletes on the edges as well as in the backfield. They compliment Yates very well. Yates is very versatile and can throw as well as run.
I don't think you looked up the Kenton 2011 on YouTube lol. They were the definition of the spread. Basically if I was in charge of vc offense I would run maulk 5 wide empty. No running back best 5 athletes at receiver. Throw every play or qb run. Basically what I said you have Yates, use him. For 2 years they have handed it off against us and I'm thinking to myself thank you it's a free play for us.
Thanks for the explanation. Did watch Kenton. Think that we are close to that mind set. Do have a decent RB that coaching staff is using. Yates' little brother. What you forget is that Yates has had 3 different head coaches. All with different philosophy's. Also had a pounding Workhorse of a fullback that the offense was built around. Last year (the first year) for his 3rd coach the offense went from power up and run to spread out and throw and allow Yates to get in space and be the athlete he is. I think he had 250+ rushing yards last Friday and tossed the ball around pretty well in tha rain last week. He seemed out of sync week 1 and had some turnover issues. The U had a very nice game plan and made it tough on him and the Vikes. Would love to see the tanks in week 11. Keep an eye on us and I think you will see that VC's offensive philosophy and your opinion of what they should do are close. Just wasn't the best display week one unfortunately. Go Vikes!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

FU showed a decent passing game against Jackson. Good play calling.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

GOOD LUCK TO FAIRFIELD UNION!!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Good luck Vikings.
Go TVC

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Score?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

93Bulldog wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:31 pmScore?
28-20 FU

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

So much for having a stud qb

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Vinton County(20) @ (28)Fairfield Union

Post by mattash »

Vinton County(20) @ (28)Fairfield Union

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Bringdanoise
Riding the Bench

Post by Bringdanoise »

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:42 am So much for having a stud qb
Get a life, man.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Got one. Just saying if yates played for multiple other teams in the area he'd be a darn start they'd use him right. Put him at athens burg chilli hes a start instead of being on a crap team who cannot use him right

Bringdanoise
Riding the Bench

Post by Bringdanoise »

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:44 pm Got one. Just saying if yates played for multiple other teams in the area he'd be a darn start they'd use him right. Put him at athens burg chilli hes a start instead of being on a crap team who cannot use him right
Fair enough. I mistook your comment as a jab at the kid and didn't think that was fair for him. My apologies.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Bringdanoise wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:44 pm
X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:44 pm Got one. Just saying if yates played for multiple other teams in the area he'd be a darn start they'd use him right. Put him at athens burg chilli hes a start instead of being on a crap team who cannot use him right
Fair enough. I mistook your comment as a jab at the kid and didn't think that was fair for him. My apologies.
Np man do not no why i kept typing start lol This kid has all the talent on a mediocor at best team.

Return to “Football”