Waverly(20) @ (62)Wheelersburg

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Waverly (5-1) @ Wheelersburg (6-0)

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I took this one in last season and Waverly allowed a victory to be taken away, with bad luck or sloppy play. Depending on how you want to call it.
This year I say Wheelersburg has little problems getting the win.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

LICKING COUNTY FAN wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:19 am I took this one in last season and Waverly allowed a victory to be taken away, with bad luck or sloppy play. Depending on how you want to call it.
This year I say Wheelersburg has little problems getting the win.
You have to be in the lead for a victory to be takin away. Who cares if you fumbled at the one yard line. Winning teams make that play or make the next play which they didn't either.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

Id be willing to go ahead and set the over/under page on week 10 at 20!

Mark me down for OVER!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Oh yeah west fans will be chest thumping. They already have on the minford falcons. Imagine if that were a burg fan.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

The Tigers just need to focus on execution, playing with pride, honor, and respect for the game. Build for the future and avoid further injuries. If Waverly can do that, the final score will not matter.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Omega wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:51 am The Tigers just need to focus on execution, playing with pride, honor, and respect for the game. Build for the future and avoid further injuries. If Waverly can do that, the final score will not matter.
Waverly has enjoyed the homecoming victory and a 5-1 start and will now start preparing for the trip to the school down south.
These young Tigers (playing younger ones every game) know they will be a HUGE underdog and that's fine. It is what it is and they cannot control any of that. As Omega said, the Tigers will be playing with pride, honor and respect for the game and looking to improve each week - that's all they can control.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:00 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:52 pm Burg will be going for the tie of the school record of 32 straight regular season wins in this game.

Burg just needs to stay focused and continue to play strong. This is by far one of the best Burg teams I've ever watched. Lot of weapons on offense and a lot of depth on defense.
when did they set the record
I think it was 74-77

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

wobycat wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:39 am Oh yeah west fans will be chest thumping. They already have on the minford falcons. Imagine if that were a burg fan.
We would be tied to the stake in the town square for everyone to mock. 😆

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Burg moved into the #1 spot in Region 19 with last nights win.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

Burg continues to roll. In the four games against D5 teams this year, Burg has given the other teams a total of 9 points...2.25 points a game.

In total, Burg has averaged given up 6.7 points per game and Waverly has averaged giving up 23.2 points per game.

In last nights game vs. Oak Hill, the 44 points came quick and score could have been 100-0 if the 2nd and 3rd strings didn't play.

Playing at The Ed, I feel this game gets out of hand quickly. I predict 42-10.

GO BURG!

mattash
Site Admin

Re: SOC2 WK7 Waverly (5-1) @ Wheelersburg (6-0)

Post by mattash »

Burg 42-24

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
bassmaster-6604
Waterboy

Post by bassmaster-6604 »

BURG by 3 td's

toast
All State

Post by toast »

A trip down south means a stop at the Ribber, which is ALWAYS a good thing. Looking forward to seeing the much talked about Pirates. Exciting seeing Ohio State take interest in one of your players.

As long as Waverly plays hard and never gives up we'll be proud of our Tigers. The last two years have been a blast. Some of the best Tiger football in a while without a doubt. And with several solid classes coming up the future looks extremely bright. Hopefully we can get through this one injury free and more on. Go Tigers!!

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

Have to go with the Burg in this one. One of these days they will have a close game. Can Waverly be the first to challenge them?

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

toast wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:38 pm A trip down south means a stop at the Ribber, which is ALWAYS a good thing. Looking forward to seeing the much talked about Pirates. Exciting seeing Ohio State take interest in one of your players.

As long as Waverly plays hard and never gives up we'll be proud of our Tigers. The last two years have been a blast. Some of the best Tiger football in a while without a doubt. And with several solid classes coming up the future looks extremely bright. Hopefully we can get through this one injury free and more on. Go Tigers!!
that's right u can't come to scioto co w/o a stop to the ribber

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:59 am
toast wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:38 pm A trip down south means a stop at the Ribber, which is ALWAYS a good thing. Looking forward to seeing the much talked about Pirates. Exciting seeing Ohio State take interest in one of your players.

I prefer Fred's myself...

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

Orange and Brown wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:08 am
Mad-Dogg wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:59 am

I prefer Fred's myself...
that's another u can't forget

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Burg machine continues on here.

Gonna be hard to not look ahead to what looks like a Week 14 appearance and how OHSAA matches them up with the other Region winner. Another great year for the Pirates program.

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

One touchdown away from 6 running clocks this year

Don't see a weakness in this Burg team!

Go Burg!!!

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

How does a team prepare for Burg? Even their kickoff team gives team fits. And most preparation is in vain only. Outcome for the most part is determined. Only thing left to see....is the West side for real. No other SOC contenders.

Return to “Football”