D6 Region 23

JoeyRamone
Waterboy

Re: D6 Region 23

Post by JoeyRamone »

EasternDspy wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:55 am Steubenville CC is probably the 2nd best team in the region since getting those transfers week 5. They have 2 really good Rbs and Levi Thompson is that dude at defensive end. If East Knox can with vs either Highland or Danville and Fort , Shadyside , or Shenandoah stumble at the end of the year that could open the door for East Knox. I personally think East Knox loses both games and the 8 teams now will make it.
There is only 1 transfer and he is a sophomore back-up RB and safety. I dont think there is any intent on your part, but i dont want people thinking this is some team (like Mooney or Linsly) made up of people from all over the place. Except for a few (3 or 4, like every school on Earth has) who trickled or moved over past few years, these kids have all known each other their whole lives. SCC is not in the same conversation with the private schools which dominate with ringers. SCC is begging for people to come to the school to keep enrollment at functional levels.

SCC has had several games this year in which they dressed 21 players. They played Berlin Center Western Reserve who suited up 60 in the same game.

This just happens to be a really good group of talented players who are here at same time. They have three 300 pounders (+/- 20 pounds) on the OL, strong fast RBs and a QB who finished fourth in state in 100M last years as a sophomore. They have 5 or 6 kids who cant hurt you at WR.

This will be a good match up with fort frye. I am impressed with the RBs and the QB throws a pretty good ball. My main hope is that both teams emerge for week 11 in good health.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

JoeyRamone wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:09 am
EasternDspy wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:55 am Steubenville CC is probably the 2nd best team in the region since getting those transfers week 5. They have 2 really good Rbs and Levi Thompson is that dude at defensive end. If East Knox can with vs either Highland or Danville and Fort , Shadyside , or Shenandoah stumble at the end of the year that could open the door for East Knox. I personally think East Knox loses both games and the 8 teams now will make it.
There is only 1 transfer and he is a sophomore back-up RB and safety. I dont think there is any intent on your part, but i dont want people thinking this is some team (like Mooney or Linsly) made up of people from all over the place. Except for a few (3 or 4, like every school on Earth has) who trickled or moved over past few years, these kids have all known each other their whole lives. SCC is not in the same conversation with the private schools which dominate with ringers. SCC is begging for people to come to the school to keep enrollment at functional levels.

SCC has had several games this year in which they dressed 21 players. They played Berlin Center Western Reserve who suited up 60 in the same game.

This just happens to be a really good group of talented players who are here at same time. They have three 300 pounders (+/- 20 pounds) on the OL, strong fast RBs and a QB who finished fourth in state in 100M last years as a sophomore. They have 5 or 6 kids who cant hurt you at WR.

This will be a good match up with fort frye. I am impressed with the RBs and the QB throws a pretty good ball. My main hope is that both teams emerge for week 11 in good health.
Only reason I even said that is because a poster on here said that they had 5 transfers that had to sit the first 5 weeks is that not true?

JoeyRamone
Waterboy

Post by JoeyRamone »

nah. they had 3 at beginning of year and 2 of them didn't stick on football team. one went back to his old school and other doesn't play. The one who is on team is a soph. gets playing time mostly in defensive backfield. But when you have 25 kids (when healthy), pretty much everyone plays. these are all steubenville area kids (jefferson county anyway).

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

JoeyRamone wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:47 am nah. they had 3 at beginning of year and 2 of them didn't stick on football team. one went back to his old school and other doesn't play. The one who is on team is a soph. gets playing time mostly in defensive backfield. But when you have 25 kids (when healthy), pretty much everyone plays. these are all steubenville area kids (jefferson county anyway).
They were hit with the competitive balance that’s why they are D6 and not D7. Is everyone healthy this week? Fort Frye has I think 34 when healthy.

JoeyRamone
Waterboy

Post by JoeyRamone »

pretty healthy this week i would think

Buckeyefan55
Riding the Bench

Post by Buckeyefan55 »

JoeyRamone wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:09 am

Thanks for clearing that up!
Sounds like a very talented group for it to be as small as it is. Good luck to them in the playoffs..unless they meet Coal Grove 😁

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

What team do you personally want to see your team play week 1?

As a Fort Fan
I wouldn’t mind playing Shadyside, Coal Grove, Southeastern or Northmor. Cadets match up well with run teams. Don’t know much about Northmor except they’ve never made the playoffs.

PantherPaw78
Riding the Bench

Post by PantherPaw78 »

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:47 am What team do you personally want to see your team play week 1?

As a Fort Fan
I wouldn’t mind playing Shadyside, Coal Grove, Southeastern or Northmor. Cadets match up well with run teams. Don’t know much about Northmor except they’ve never made the playoffs.
As a Southeastern alum/fan, I don't think our paths are destined to cross in week 1. I'm ok with that. 😁

It's looking like SE is getting Shenandoah or Northmor. I'd like to see Northmor personally.

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

Be careful what you wish for with Northmor. They have a special player at QB this year in Demetrius "Meechie" Johnson.
Through 9 weeks he has rushed for 2315 yds on 186 carries with 35 rushing tds. Is the 2 time state long jump champ. Rarely goes down on first contact, if he gets a step on you he will NEVER be caught from behind.

Against Danville, "Meechie" ran for about 325 yds/ approx. 35 carries/5 tds. Danville won 41-34 because they run the spread and Northmor's pass defense is awful. In comparison, 3 weeks earlier, Sciotoville(7-2)(7 in r27) had 73 TOTAL yards against Danville .

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

PantherPaw78 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:17 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:47 am What team do you personally want to see your team play week 1?

As a Fort Fan
As a Southeastern alum/fan, I don't think our paths are destined to cross in week 1. I'm ok with that. 😁

It's looking like SE is getting Shenandoah or Northmor. I'd like to see Northmor personally.
Power run game of Southeastern could give Shenandoah fits. Fort Frye just rushed for over 300 yards on them. Northmor from what I read is a spread team with one of the weaker defenses in the 8 team grid.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Northmor upsets Highland

Fort beats Steubenville

Linsly beats Shadyside.

My Guess

8. Steubenville Central @ 1. Nelsonville

5. Northmor @ 4. Fort Frye

6. Shenandoah @ 3. Coal Grove

7. Shadyside @ 2. Southeastern

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Coal Grove is going to pass Fort Frye because Buffalo beat Lincoln 21-20 lol

mondayamqb
Freshman Team

Post by mondayamqb »

If eitel is correct (looking at min and max averages)

1 N-Y
2 SE
3 Coal Grove
4 FF
5 Northmor
6 Shenandoah
7 SCC
8 Shadyside

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Being a road team is going to be no fun. I don't know where Coal Grove is, but those look like some long trips.

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

efarns wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:05 am Being a road team is going to be no fun. I don't know where Coal Grove is, but those look like some long trips.
Coal Grove is 5 miles from Ironton, along the Ohio river

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

mondayamqb wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:00 am If eitel is correct (looking at min and max averages)

1 N-Y
2 SE
3 Coal Grove
4 FF
5 Northmor
6 Shenandoah
7 SCC
8 Shadyside
It’s not locked in Shadyside and SCC still have points to gain. Shadyside is going to need (3-6) Bellaire to pull off an upset over (6-3) Martins Ferry.

mondayamqb
Freshman Team

Post by mondayamqb »

If Eitel is correct, SCC min average is 14.1830 and Shadyside max avg is 14.1806 (that means Shadyside can't catch SCC, although close). Additionally, SCC max avg of 14.6 cannot catch Shenandoah 14.8. So, if eitel is correct, my above seedings are correct.

Further, if you go to Drew Pasteur. The seedings as I posted are set at 100% due to math.

http://fantastic50.net/r23seed.html

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

mondayamqb wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:30 am If Eitel is correct, SCC min average is 14.1830 and Shadyside max avg is 14.1806 (that means Shadyside can't catch SCC, although close). Additionally, SCC max avg of 14.6 cannot catch Shenandoah 14.8. So, if eitel is correct, my above seedings are correct.

Further, if you go to Drew Pasteur. The seedings as I posted are set at 100% due to math.

http://fantastic50.net/r23seed.html
Thanks

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

efarns wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:05 am Being a road team is going to be no fun. I don't know where Coal Grove is, but those look like some long trips.
3+ hour trip for SCC to Southeastern.

Return to “Football”