Johnstown Monroe 35 West 6 (2017 RD2 Playoffs)

Sport Fan
JV Team

Re: RD2 (9-2) Johnstown Monroe vs. (10-1) West

Post by Sport Fan »

The_Rock wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:07 am I really hate to say it but I think this is the end of a good season for West. I think it will be a game that will mirror the Burg game, JM will shut down Hurd and force the QB to make plays. He is the difference maker for them IMO. He tends make a lot of bad decisions, throwing (when he should run), running (when he should throw), and taking sacks (when he should throw it away). This can’t happen against good teams and you can only lean on your Defense so long, As they seen against Burg, The game will get away from you quick. Don’t get me wrong he is a decent athlete and not bashing nor being negative just stating he is the difference maker for this team, If he plays well they have a great shot to WIN, If not it will be the end of the road.
Good Luck to the Senators (Siders)

Wow I can tell you West QB played very well against the Burg ... He made the correct decisions all night and was in my opinion the Best play maker ..

Just for the record it takes the whole team to win!!!!!

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

Sport Fan wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:10 am
The_Rock wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:07 am I really hate to say it but I think this is the end of a good season for West. I think it will be a game that will mirror the Burg game, JM will shut down Hurd and force the QB to make plays. He is the difference maker for them IMO. He tends make a lot of bad decisions, throwing (when he should run), running (when he should throw), and taking sacks (when he should throw it away). This can’t happen against good teams and you can only lean on your Defense so long, As they seen against Burg, The game will get away from you quick. Don’t get me wrong he is a decent athlete and not bashing nor being negative just stating he is the difference maker for this team, If he plays well they have a great shot to WIN, If not it will be the end of the road.

Wow I can tell you West QB played very well against the Burg ... He made the correct decisions all night and was in my opinion the Best play maker ..

Yeah we are going to have to play them 2 guys well Jtown Defense is very fast off the line they had 5 sacks last night

Sounds like it might be a good game

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

If you are gonna beat Johnstown you are gonna do it running the ball between the tackles. They aren't real big but are extremely fast. West can play with them.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

that's a tough draw, good luck to west.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

Westfan wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:31 am If you are gonna beat Johnstown you are gonna do it running the ball between the tackles. They aren't real big but are extremely fast. West can play with them.
Your not running up the middle against Johnstown

Greenwave
Riding the Bench

Post by Greenwave »

The_Rock wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:47 am
14svt wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:58 am I think southeast teams will get screwed I see this going to Hamilton Township Ask Ironton Fans about this couple years ago
This will be another big win for the Johnnies
There is no way this game goes to Hamilton Township. Logan and Athens would be my guess.
It was 2011 when ironton played Johnstown at Hamilton township. Anything can happen with the playoff sites. They don’t seem to go my seeds anymore or eaqul distance. I could see chillicothe , groveport, Hamilton twp and Logan as possibilities . Before turf fields were required . Lancaster and groveport got all the ironton Portsmouth against central teams. Licking valley played portsmouth at Lancaster Newark Catholic played Portsmouth Notre dame at grove port in 1988.
Last year ready from west side of Columbus played us at Sheridan witch is half hour from Newark and they were high seed. Chilli is my best guess

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

14svt wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:07 am
Westfan wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:31 am If you are gonna beat Johnstown you are gonna do it running the ball between the tackles. They aren't real big but are extremely fast. West can play with them.
Your not running up the middle against Johnstown
Not every play. Diversity. We pass the ball enough to keep them honest. West ran on MF and they were tough up front too.
JM plays a bunch of really good spread teams. You aren't gonna be successful running horizontally.
Out coaching staff does a great job. They'll find a way to compete.
Last edited by Westfan on Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Chillicothe would be great. Good drive. Equal distance for both teams.

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Westfan wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:58 am Chillicothe would be great. Good drive. Equal distance for both teams.
Burg will have the chillicothe site because they are the #1 seed and it’s the same driving for both. That’s just my opinion but what do I know? The committee never makes since when it comes to sites

bleed_blue
Varsity

Post by bleed_blue »

14U wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:57 pm
Westfan wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:58 am Chillicothe would be great. Good drive. Equal distance for both teams.
Burg will have the chillicothe site because they are the #1 seed and it’s the same driving for both. That’s just my opinion but what do I know? The committee never makes since when it comes to sites
If Zane trace put in for games then there’s the possibility West and Wheelersburg both play in Chillicothe.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

I just got a text from a friend from west. He said the game is at zane trace

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

14svt wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:19 am

Yeah we are going to have to play them 2 guys well Jtown Defense is very fast off the line they had 5 sacks last night

Against Oak Hill. That’s not saying much.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

This will be great game to take in. West is a well rounded and physical team. What about big Pendleton first year OC 10-1.

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
ohwkGREATNESSyrio
All Conference

Post by ohwkGREATNESSyrio »

Johnstown wins

I AM HARMS WAY. Life is a knive fight. Bring guns for the fun.
14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:46 pm

Burg did they same thing How is that different

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Mad-Dogg wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:27 pm I just got a text from a friend from west. He said the game is at zane trace
If that holds true I've got my 1st pick correct on location and called for Burg at Chillicothe, possibly Waverly as an outside shot. One I'm not sure on is P. East and where they might play River at

one Oak
JV Team

Post by one Oak »

Oak Hill's starting QB and the backup were both out for last night's game. Still, that probably didn't affect the outcome. I haven't seen West play, but I think this will likely be a good game that could go either way.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

14svt wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:07 pm

Burg was up 44-0 at half. Big difference

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Greenwave wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:35 am
The_Rock wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:47 am
14svt wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:58 am I think southeast teams will get screwed I see this going to Hamilton Township Ask Ironton Fans about this couple years ago
This will be another big win for the Johnnies
There is no way this game goes to Hamilton Township. Logan and Athens would be my guess.
It was 2011 when ironton played Johnstown at Hamilton township. Anything can happen with the playoff sites. They don’t seem to go my seeds anymore or eaqul distance. I could see chillicothe , groveport, Hamilton twp and Logan as possibilities . Before turf fields were required . Lancaster and groveport got all the ironton Portsmouth against central teams. Licking valley played portsmouth at Lancaster Newark Catholic played Portsmouth Notre dame at grove port in 1988.
Last year ready from west side of Columbus played us at Sheridan witch is half hour from Newark and they were high seed. Chilli is my best guess
Not saying you're right or wrong but with everyone on Friday this year I think it makes predicting spots a lot harder especially when you start talking playing games towards Columbus area.

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

seasick80 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:43 pm
14svt wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:07 pm
Burg was up 44-0 at half. Big difference
Ohh my bad

Return to “Football”