2017 Playoffs Wheelersburg 34 Johnstown Monroe 7

seasick80
All State

Re: Johnstown Monroe v Wheelersburg

Post by seasick80 »

14svt wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:39 am
seasick80 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:35 am
Bleeding Red wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:22 pm

Oak Hill didn't move the ball on them lol. JM completely dominated Oak Hill and rested their starters most of the second half. Not sure what game you were watching.
I haven’t seen 1st half report bleeding red on OH vs JM. Why only 14-0? And west doesn’t have a lot of speed on either side of the ball, look for Burgs D to show the johnnies what run D speed is. Now if Burg oline can get the job done, I see the passing game get going again. And where in the heck is that passing game we had vs Watterson? There were plays I haven’t seen since that game that were very productive?
Bring this Fast d you have said Our OLine is a lot bigger then your so called fast d line
Bigger doesn’t mean better. These kids are strong and fast and they have depth. No team all year has run on them between the tackles or outside. And the 2 lbs aren’t shabby either. And counting the playoffs last few years this coaching staff has seen it all, including last night! Jm will be tough for sure but Jm better get ready for anything, and that’s a tough task

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Btw, burg dline isn’t small lol

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

14svt wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:45 pm
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:43 pm Monroe’s schedule was better? I thought you were giving facts.
I guess you can’t read #5 in division 5
We don’t play easy schools like you guys and blow them out
One southern team down on to the next

No. 5 in the final AP poll? Last I checked Burg was number 3. The last time Burg played a Johnstown team (Northridge) they waxed them. From what I’ve heard Johnstown is primarily a running team. They might want to work on some pass plays because primarily running the ball will not favor will for them. I can’t see JM having more speed than CA tonight and Burg totally shut them down.

seasick80
All State

Post by seasick80 »

Guest2018 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:48 am
BigBlueNation wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:26 pm After seeing both teams play I will take the Burg in this one. JM is a very good team a lot of speed on both sides of the ball. The rb #5 is the real deal. But the Burg wins by a couple of scores.
After seeing both teams play, I will take JM. I have read multiple posts on this forum and amused by the number of posts focused on the backs. It’s the line. JM’s line dominated West on both sides tonight.

Wheelersburg has a nice DV team and is the more balanced team. Unfortunately, they are about to run into a team that has regularly competed at a higher level against better teams. A small DIV perennial playoff winner walking into the role of a larger DV team. Forget about the ball carriers - Line and defense. If you have a good line and defense, a shifty tailback, tough fullback and quick quarterback make a team.

I wish both teams well. I think either will have a great chance of moving forward to a state championship. Regardless of what the other great minds in other forums have to say, the winner of this game should be a force to be reckoned with.
Excellent post. Btw, have they played Coldwater? Hartley? Playing these type teams in playoffs get the coaching staff educated also. Seen it tonite myself. I think the adjustments by these Burg coaches have been phenomenal with this group of kids all year long. Should be a dandy Friday!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Guest2018 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:48 am
BigBlueNation wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:26 pm After seeing both teams play I will take the Burg in this one. JM is a very good team a lot of speed on both sides of the ball. The rb #5 is the real deal. But the Burg wins by a couple of scores.
After seeing both teams play, I will take JM. I have read multiple posts on this forum and amused by the number of posts focused on the backs. It’s the line. JM’s line dominated West on both sides tonight.

Wheelersburg has a nice DV team and is the more balanced team. Unfortunately, they are about to run into a team that has regularly competed at a higher level against better teams. A small DIV perennial playoff winner walking into the role of a larger DV team. Forget about the ball carriers - Line and defense. If you have a good line and defense, a shifty tailback, tough fullback and quick quarterback make a team.

I wish both teams well. I think either will have a great chance of moving forward to a state championship. Regardless of what the other great minds in other forums have to say, the winner of this game should be a force to be reckoned with.

.....and Burg dominated West on both sides of the ball so what’s your point?? Burg could of hung 50 on West

#ReachHigher
Riding the Bench

Post by #ReachHigher »

Burg is a 13 point favorite. Burg will continue to be a favorite every game they play. They are ranked the #1 team in all of division 5. #GoBurg #ReachHigher

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Wow!, 3 pages of "chest thumping" already. Gonna be an interesting week!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

14svt wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:35 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:33 pm Please quit responding to that moron 14svt. You can tell he is a kid who doesn’t have a clue.

All the teams left in D5 have to be thinking how in the hell Burg can come out in the 2nd half, change there offense and go away from what got you there and dominate CA in the 2nd half. That was incredible to watch.

CA was one of the fastest teams Burg had played all year and they totally shut them down in the 2nd half.

Which offense will Burg come out in? Hard to tell after what they did tonight.

Good luck Pirates!! Win and advance baby!!!
Your guy Jolly is a kid I’m just stating facts
Are you and poster donldtrump the same person? You both seem to have the same kind of "facts" our moron leader has.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Correction

I said 14-21 Wheersburg would win this match up.

I am making a slight change.

Pirates by 14 or less.
Last edited by LICKING COUNTY FAN on Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

14svt wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:40 pm Who has Wheelersburg played
Bishop Watterson haha
Jackson that got smoked by Independence
Waverly that got smoked by Valleyview
Schedules don’t lie
I think Johnstown is a quality opponent and I also believe this will be a good game, HOWEVER if you are stating schedules don't lie wellllll Johnstown Monroe including the playoff wins opponents are a combined 51-52, the 2 games they lost teams were a combined 21-3 but those games weren't close. Burgs wins are against opponents with a combined 71-52 record. Just saying :D . Only thing anyone should be looking at is common opponents and they have 2 of them and in recent weeks with Burg beating OH 44-0 and West 41-7 and Monroe beating OH 35-0 and West 35-6. These 2 teams have contrasting styles, Burg has played the Johnstown style 2-3 times this year, Jackson, OH being more ground and pound and West. I seen the halftime adjustments against Jackson and looks like halftime adjustments won the game against CA. Some question offense they'll use well seems like Johnstown likes to play smash mouth something Jackson does so I see Burg spreading it out in this one weather permitting. I'll take Burg in this one by 2 scores but they have to clean up their act, happened against Coshocton last year in their playoff loss and they were having a repeat 1st half. Whether it's the pressure or what that's very uncharacteristic of Burg but it seems to happen this time of year for them each year. Turnovers and penalties.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Question we'll all have is location, Chillicothe seems like the logical choice but will they put Burg there 2 weeks in a row. I personally think so, I think ZT is out because of capacity, and Waverly is out because of location. If the state has a problem putting Burg in the same location back to back weeks could very well be played at Hamilton Township. Think those are the only 2 logical choices.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

I would bet Waverly or the screw the Pirates and the game gets closer to Central, Ohio.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

After reading about the Johnstown and West game is Johnstown a similar version to the Coshocton team last year??

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:25 am After reading about the Johnstown and West game is Johnstown a similar version to the Coshocton team last year??
More of a Jackson type O. Iso’s, Options, FB dives and keepers. RB’s seem to run straight up. They don’t really deliver a blow but run hard. This type of game benefits Burg IMO. They have stopped the run all year long and I don’t see this as being any different.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE BURG PIRATES. I SEEN NEWARK CATHOLIC PLAY JOHNSTOWN MONROE ON TV. AND GOT TO SEE THE BURG/WEST GAME ON TV, AND I FEEL BURG IS THE STRONGER TEAM. BUT JOHNSTOWN MONROE ALWAYS HAS AN AMAZING FOOTBALL TEAM. AND AN ENOURMOUS WONDERFUL BAND AND FANS. THIS SHOULD BE AN AWESOME SPECTACLE FROM TOP TO BOTTOM, BUT ROOTING FOR THE BURG HERE FROM TRHE BAITCAVE.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:12 am Question we'll all have is location, Chillicothe seems like the logical choice but will they put Burg there 2 weeks in a row. I personally think so, I think ZT is out because of capacity, and Waverly is out because of location. If the state has a problem putting Burg in the same location back to back weeks could very well be played at Hamilton Township. Think those are the only 2 logical choices.
I agree. Chillicothe is the only logical choice but it wouldn't surprise me if the ohsaa puts the screws to the burg and plays the game at hamilton township

It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog. (D Jay on Hustle & Flow)

Fearless Bold Tough
We Are The Storm
Make It Rain
Reach Higher
Power Of One
Respect The W
Be The Best
doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Enjoyed the game in Chillicothe last night.

Sat on the Columbus Academy side, got there early and was one of about 20 people lol until kick-off and it started to fill up. A lot of Jackson, Oak Hill and Wellston fans there watching, probably half of the stands were neutral observers. Ended up sitting in front of Greg Schiano, OSU D-Coordinator, who had senior twins playing on the team.

Even after it was 13-0 it really never felt like Burg was out of it, they had some turnovers and really bad field position all night. Maybe it is me watching them for the last 5-6 years but you never had the sense they were in real trouble. I thought the kid did a good job against Holden in the first half and Academy used their quickness to defeat what Burg was trying to do with their offense. I was curious as to what they would try after halftime and they did not disappoint. Simply came out and defeated CA's quickness and went heavy and unbalanced and ran the ball at will.

I knew the onside kick and fake punt were coming at some point and they did not disappoint lol, the success average has to be > 75% on those. And I knew they were going to sneak someone off the line after they ran it 10 times in a row and try and catch CA napping, they did, but that was defended well. CA dressed maybe 30 kids, but I thought they were well coached, disciplined and had a game plan to try and win the game but Burg too many horses.

I hope the Johnstown game is in Chillicothe again, I doubt OSHAA cares to much about if Burg was there already. Is Athens a possibility? About 1.5 hours each way to Athens probably.

I think the Johnstown game will be a good game but I still like Burg's chances if the Johnny's are a heavy run team. Burg has so much depth and is able to rotate people in defensively that I am not sure a constant run pounding offense will be successful over the long term.

Good luck to both teams, I have to root for SEO and would like to see them go as far as they can.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

doubleplay643 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:07 am Enjoyed the game in Chillicothe last night.

Sat on the Columbus Academy side, got there early and was one of about 20 people lol until kick-off and it started to fill up. A lot of Jackson, Oak Hill and Wellston fans there watching, probably half of the stands were neutral observers. Ended up sitting in front of Greg Schiano, OSU D-Coordinator, who had senior twins playing on the team.

Did you ask him how he could let Iowa make OSU defense look so bad and not make adjustments. Or should've nudged him and said, "Hey how about those halftime adjustments by Burg on defense" :o

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

Quit comparing Jackson to Johnstown Not the same

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

14svt wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:21 am Quit comparing Jackson to Johnstown Not the same
I am a Jackson fan that attended the game last night, I didn't compare them if your quote is referring to me. I am just hoping the site selection is close again next week.

Return to “Football”