2017 Playoffs Wheelersburg 34 Johnstown Monroe 7

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Re: Johnstown Monroe v Wheelersburg

Post by BigBlueNation »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:34 am Waverly couldn’t handle the crowd two years ago in the regional final when Burg played Zane Trace. I expect JM to bring more fans and everyone knows what kind of crowd Burg brings.

Also last night I saw people there from Waverly, Jackson, Wellston and a lot of different towns. Look for this game to have a huge crowd.
JM really didn't bring a big crowd with them last night.
Maybe it was the cold. I would say there will be a lot of West fans there next week, rooting for the Burg. Yes I did just say that. :lol: Good luck Pirates.

The Flash
Varsity

Post by The Flash »

14svt wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:02 pm
The Flash wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:32 pm Wheelersburg is up 21-0 stepping off the bus since it’s at Chilli 😂🤣

You guys thought last night you would be up a lot Academy scores 2 tds on you right out of the game also
Can Wheelersburg pass in the rain 33 and rain That’s the Question
“You guys.” First off buddy I’m not a Burg fan. That was a reference to people saying the game shouldn’t be played in Chilli because Burg has an ‘advantage.’ Second off I’ve read all your posts on this thread and I’ve lost brain cells readin every one. You’re a fool making asisnine statements with no facts to back it up. Burg will win and you’re gonna be the towns dunce until week 1 of 2018. Enjoy the game

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:18 pm
The Flash wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:32 pm Wheelersburg is up 21-0 stepping off the bus since it’s at Chilli 😂🤣

You guys thought last night you would be up a lot Academy scores 2 tds on you right out of the game also

You are a clown. Academy only scored ONE TD for the game. They kicked three FG’s and also you are correct, CA was up 13-0 at the half and Burg won 35-16. Did you read that right? BURG WON 35-16!!! If my Southern Ahia math is correct they outscorec CA 35-3 in the 2nd half.
Quit drinking the Wheelersburg Kool Aid
You guys were craping bricks when Academy was up
Don’t be caught sleeping when Jtown is up 14-0

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

BigBlueNation wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:18 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:34 am Waverly couldn’t handle the crowd two years ago in the regional final when Burg played Zane Trace. I expect JM to bring more fans and everyone knows what kind of crowd Burg brings.

Also last night I saw people there from Waverly, Jackson, Wellston and a lot of different towns. Look for this game to have a huge crowd.
Maybe it was the cold. I would say there will be a lot of West fans there next week, rooting for the Burg. Yes I did just say that. :lol: Good luck Pirates.
I did see some burg fans leaving 3rd quarter

I guess I’m a cocky fan but you don’t say nothing to Jolly Pirate

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

14svt wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:36 pm

You are a clown. Academy only scored ONE TD for the game. They kicked three FG’s and also you are correct, CA was up 13-0 at the half and Burg won 35-16. Did you read that right? BURG WON 35-16!!! If my Southern Ahia math is correct they outscorec CA 35-3 in the 2nd half.
I'll agree with that when I was watching the updates, it was refs refs. The 3 turnovers weren't even mentioned as a reason it was ref ref, bad call if you were here you'd understand and telling people to be quiet.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

14svt wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:41 pm [quote=BigBlueNation post_id=<a href="tel:1610152">1610152</a> time=<a href="tel:1510424330">1510424330</a> user_id=203]
[quote=yabbadabbadoo post_id=<a href="tel:1610093">1610093</a> time=<a href="tel:1510418053">1510418053</a> user_id=593]
Waverly couldn’t handle the crowd two years ago in the regional final when Burg played Zane Trace. I expect JM to bring more fans and everyone knows what kind of crowd Burg brings.

[/quote]

I did see some burg fans leaving 3rd quarter

I guess I’m a cocky fan but you don’t say nothing to Jolly Pirate
[/quote]

You’re not a clown, you’re an idiot. No way did you see any Burg fans leaving in the 3rd qtr. so since you were at the game you must be the scout for JM. If that’s the case and they go off of your assessments it’s going to be a long night for JM because you are clueless

SMDH!!

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

I can’t win on this Forum
I’m done

TravisHill22
Freshman Team

Post by TravisHill22 »

game is @ Chillicothe
Last edited by TravisHill22 on Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

14svt wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:58 pm I can’t win on this Forum
I’m done
No one wins on a forum, is it because yabbadabbadoo just called you out as a scout if you were watching people leave the game. I have to agree with him on that though you didn't see any Burg fans leaving with the score at that time what 16-7 maybe not in the 3rd quarter.

Forum full of opinions you didn't come on here trying to win people over especially when they ask about JM just because most haven't seen them and you reply with you'll see. Sorry man but you set yourself up for ridicule, I give JM all the credit in the world and think it will be a good game but unless the weather catches them I do think Burg will have to much speed and take this one by 2 scores.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

TravisHill22 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:00 pm game is @ Hamilton Township
Thought someone already said Chillicothe. You stirring up crap??

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:43 pm

I'll agree with that when I was watching the updates, it was refs refs. The 3 turnovers weren't even mentioned as a reason it was ref ref, bad call if you were here you'd understand and telling people to be quiet.
Yeah if you were there last night you'd understand.
if you were and still thought Burg wasnt getting Flagged for everything, youre blind.

Trent threw 3 INT's, true but its called overcoming from mistakes, and they held them to FG's.

1 Pick came AFTER a homered penalty that would of led to a Holden TD, another INT hit the ground.

Burg fans i'm sure were uncomfortable being down 13....you wouldn't be? The team knew the adjustments needed and executed.

also....from the start Tanner Holden got mugged 2nd play of the game in front of 2 officials.....NO FLAG!

Burg beat 2 teams last night.. Vikings and Zebras!

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:04 am
laser breath wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:51 am
greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:49 am

I think from just going off the score and stats of the West and JM game, I'd give JM the edge in being able to stop or slow down the power running game. I think Burg will use the spread offense and that will be their running game, not really go toe to toe when you know you have an advantage elsewhere. Same deal when they played Jackson they didn't stand toe to toe they used their athletes'. JM coming off games against the Oaks and West they've played power football teams first 2 weeks of the playoffs so far. Probably not an avenue I'd try first.
West and Oak Hill are not Burg
And???? I'm sure those aren't the only 2 teams that presented running games against JM. What because it's Burg attached to the name all of a sudden JM won't be able to slow down or stop a power running game??? It's already been stated JM will have a size advantage inside. Burg used a power game against an undersized and fast defense because the other stuff simply wasn't working. What makes you think they're going to go into a game against a team like JM, who's capable of going toe to toe with a power running game, and win that battle instead of using the advantage they know they have speed??
Goose, I agree with almost all of your post. However, ca defense was not undersized. They were some big boys! Much bigger than burg. That is the first time burg has lined up in a heavy set and played smash mouth football. Honestly they ran it very well. Simply because the burg kids were stronger. They have been stronger than their opponents in every game. I don’t see that being any different this week. Johnstown will not run the ball on burg the way they ran on their other opponents. Burgs dline is too fast and strong. Is Johnstown don’t pass and let burg stack the box it will not be a pretty game.. ca d line was very fast and brought 7 on every play. Burg oline knew they were stronger and decided to run the ball. Enough said. I don’t think Johnstown’s d line is near as fast as ca’s. Burg will be fine in this game.

TravisHill22
Freshman Team

Post by TravisHill22 »

Wheelersburg will definitely have the advantage in this one having already played @ Chillicothe

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Neutron Man wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:07 pm
greygoose wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:43 pm

Yeah if you were there last night you'd understand.
if you were and still thought Burg wasnt getting Flagged for everything, youre blind.

Trent threw 3 INT's, true but its called overcoming from mistakes, and they held them to FG's.

1 Pick came AFTER a homered penalty that would of led to a Holden TD, another INT hit the ground.

Burg fans i'm sure were uncomfortable being down 13....you wouldn't be? The team knew the adjustments needed and executed.

also....from the start Tanner Holden got mugged 2nd play of the game in front of 2 officials.....NO FLAG!

Burg beat 2 teams last night.. Vikings and Zebras!
That's the thing EVERY team calls it bogus calls, unless you are Johnny on the stop and see which player and what penalty you can't possibly know it was a bogus call. The INT that hit the ground was kid diving under it and look like his hands could've possibly gotten under the ball, keeping in mind that they can't get into position every time on a play. Now getting mugged yeah everyone and their brother can see something like that. You missed the entire point of what I agreed with and that was all complaints were being thrown at the refs. It wasn't we're making to many mistakes, like you're trying to put it now. Be honest last night on the updates it was refs refs refs, and oh by the way we've turned it over 3 times. You can't sustain any drive when you have 3 turnovers in 1 half, you're limited to how many drives you even get per half then to turn it over that much.

That's not me trying to take away anything they did, I seen penalties and turnovers and thought only down 13 is darn good. Then as I kept watching after half that score come across knew they figured it out. That's what good teams do I just always hate the blame the ref game, unless you see it dead to rights you don't truly know because typically people are watching where the ball is going not what's happening away from it. Then to say getting homered??? Come on
Last edited by greygoose on Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

BurgGrad6 wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:09 pm

And???? I'm sure those aren't the only 2 teams that presented running games against JM. What because it's Burg attached to the name all of a sudden JM won't be able to slow down or stop a power running game??? It's already been stated JM will have a size advantage inside. Burg used a power game against an undersized and fast defense because the other stuff simply wasn't working. What makes you think they're going to go into a game against a team like JM, who's capable of going toe to toe with a power running game, and win that battle instead of using the advantage they know they have speed??
Goose, I agree with almost all of your post. However, ca defense was not undersized. They were some big boys! Much bigger than burg. That is the first time burg has lined up in a heavy set and played smash mouth football. Honestly they ran it very well. Simply because the burg kids were stronger. They have been stronger than their opponents in every game. I don’t see that being any different this week. Johnstown will not run the ball on burg the way they ran on their other opponents. Burgs dline is too fast and strong. Is Johnstown don’t pass and let burg stack the box it will not be a pretty game.. ca d line was very fast and brought 7 on every play. Burg oline knew they were stronger and decided to run the ball. Enough said. I don’t think Johnstown’s d line is near as fast as ca’s. Burg will be fine in this game.
That's my bad I thought I seen a post where they were smaller and a lot faster on defense that's why coverage was good and containing in the 1st half.

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

Will
Haha I love it I guess you haven’t seen how fast Johnstown defense is ask the West fans they will tell you
And Johnstown o-line is big
Averages 245-310 but that doesn’t mean anything

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

14svt wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:19 pm

Will
Haha I love it I guess you haven’t seen how fast Johnstown defense is ask the West fans they will tell you last limited them to 50 rushing yards To beat Johnstown your going to have to Air the ball your 6-6 receiver will have to catch it
We will push your DLine back and get some yards

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Will
Haha I love it I guess you haven’t seen how fast Johnstown defense is ask the West fans they will tell you
I'll flat tell you right now, you don't want a comparison because you think well, whatever I don't care. Jackson's line probably averaged every bit of that probably more towards the 260-300 mark, double TE, foot to foot and in the 2nd half they were unable to move it against Burg with one of the fastest backs in the area. Not saying JM won't move the ball or have success running it just saying Burg has seen this type of team and you're only kidding yourself to try and not compare JM and Jackson in this case. Because you seen the final outcome there you worry

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Will
Lol I hope you have your shi**ing pants on! Cause you’re gonna sh*t your pants when you find out what speed is! Burg has a ton of it. Ask the west fans..

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

By the way I'm not some Burg faithful I'm an unbiased fan that has watched them play, knew West was overrated and have much respect for JM and what they have accomplished. I'm just not being bullish enough to get on here and say, "yeah we're going to put it down your throat" when I've seen teams try that with Burg. Just like Burg saying we might run the power against them, well you know what that's why I say JM have been there done that and I don't think Burg will power it down JM. So JM better be as fast as you say they are I'm still rolling with Burg by 1-2 scores in a dandy of a game I'm hoping.

Return to “Football”