2017 Playoffs Nelsonville-York 28 Coal Grove 7

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Coal Grove vs. Nelsonville-York @ Jackson

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

The finals are at Tom Benson.

The semi finals will be where ever the OHSAA puts them and you can almost bet they will favor the Northern schools, when making that decision.

LICKING COUNTY FAN
SEOPS Hippo

Post by LICKING COUNTY FAN »

Would love to see CG move to the next round.

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

I'm pulling for CG in this one too. Would be quite an accomplishment for 1st year head coach and a young team. And yes, the next round venue will benefit the northern team

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Orange and Brown wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:17 am
Olderbird wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:47 am One thing I have not heard is a little advantage for NY having played at Jackson last year. Every stadium is the same field but different atmosphere. When was last time CG played there. Just curious.
That's not really an advantage.
Its nice and big but having played there isn't an advantage.
Especially when you got your tails handed to you, right?

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Paintrain77 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:10 am I've been a hornet supporter my entire life and I can't ever recall playing at jackson.hear the facility is nice.
It’s a great atmosphere. Stadium and all facilities are top notch. They are a great host. Bring the Grove in droves. The atmosphere on Friday night should be electric. Enjoy the moment fellas.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

VisionQuest wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:23 pm What are the "EXPERTS" Predicting the score to be in this one. CalPreps?? Joe Eitel?? Drew Pasteur??
Eitel doesn’t predict games.
Pasteur has NY by 10
CalPreps has NY 28 CG 17

fireball
Freshman Team

Post by fireball »

nys coach is only in his second year whould be nice for him also

turd ferguson
Riding the Bench

Post by turd ferguson »

Licking county fan only picks against Ny because they beat newark catholic.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Looking like Friday's weather is going to be favorable if it holds and isn't typical Ohio weather and the forecast changes 5 times before then. Friday was just to Darn Cold!!!

victor creed
Varsity

Post by victor creed »

Someone write a letter to the state and explain to them how much it blows that we as football fans can't go watch grove vs Neville York in a Friday and burg/jm. On a Saturday. Or vise versa. I absolutely hate not being able to go see this game.

Waterboy
Freshman Team

Post by Waterboy »

Quick question. Is nelsonville stadium actually in buchtel? I lived there in 96 and went to hocking college. About a 1/4 mile from the post office. And a 1/2 mile from the natural spring we got our drinking water from . But On a football note I'll say the grove wins by 2 tds!!! #rollcoal

I’m a neutral fannnnn of every one in southern ohio
Waterboy
Freshman Team

Post by Waterboy »

Nelsonville won't know what hit them
36-21 hornets
#rollcoal

I’m a neutral fannnnn of every one in southern ohio
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Waterboy wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:52 pm Quick question. Is nelsonville stadium actually in buchtel? I lived there in 96 and went to hocking college. About a 1/4 mile from the post office. And a 1/2 mile from the natural spring we got our drinking water from . But On a football note I'll say the grove wins by 2 tds!!! #rollcoal
No, The area around the school is a part of the city of Nelsonville.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Planning to catch this game Friday night, can someone get me little information on NY, type of offense run/pass ratio players to watch for?? Coal Grove same thing, thanks

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:44 am Planning to catch this game Friday night, can someone get me little information on NY, type of offense run/pass ratio players to watch for?? Coal Grove same thing, thanks
Not sure about the offense and defense schemes. The players to Watch are my favorite big #70 Donovan McCollister. He is a monster Lineman on both sides of the Ball. The other players who you will hear over the Loudspeaker are #5 Ronnie Wend he is 2nd in the NATION in Tackles. #9 Garrett Maiden. Offensive player of the Year in the Southeast District. #15 Colt Yinger A bruising LB and Fullback also a State Finalist Wrestler already committed to Ohio University for Wrestling. #3 Keegan Wilburn a lightning fast tailback who can run and catch. #10 Jonathon Richards who doesn't get as many touches as he should from what I have seen cause he rarely Drops the ball when it is thrown to him-and he is also a Safety that covers really well. There are just too
Many to keep listing unless you want a Novel here. Oh yea there is the Snyder kid who is only A FRESHMAN and seems to be in on so many Plays. I could keep going but you get the Idea. Can't wait till Friday. GO BUCKS!!!

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Interesting match-up, if you are a Grove fan you have to love playing in Week 13, who would have "thunk" it or predicted playing for a Regional Championship back pre-season when the OVC Preview was going on. NY probably a pretty heavy favorite but I am not counting out the Hornets to sting them. Great venue for the Regional Championship game.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

VisionQuest wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:41 am
greygoose wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:44 am Planning to catch this game Friday night, can someone get me little information on NY, type of offense run/pass ratio players to watch for?? Coal Grove same thing, thanks
Not sure about the offense and defense schemes. The players to Watch are my favorite big #70 Donovan McCollister. He is a monster Lineman on both sides of the Ball. The other players who you will hear over the Loudspeaker are #5 Ronnie Wend he is 2nd in the NATION in Tackles. #9 Garrett Maiden. Offensive player of the Year in the Southeast District. #15 Colt Yinger A bruising LB and Fullback also a State Finalist Wrestler already committed to Ohio University for Wrestling. #3 Keegan Wilburn a lightning fast tailback who can run and catch. #10 Jonathon Richards who doesn't get as many touches as he should from what I have seen cause he rarely Drops the ball when it is thrown to him-and he is also a Safety that covers really well. There are just too
Many to keep listing unless you want a Novel here. Oh yea there is the Snyder kid who is only A FRESHMAN and seems to be in on so many Plays. I could keep going but you get the Idea. Can't wait till Friday. GO BUCKS!!!
Nice rundown!
The Bucks will spread you out with 4 wide and they will line up in power sets as well. If a defense wants to make us throw the ball then we will throw it. If they dare us to run it, we will run it. The offensive strategy is to take what the defense gives.
Defensively the Bucks will give teams different looks up front depending on the team and formations they are facing.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Paintrain77
Waterboy

Post by Paintrain77 »

Number 77 Josh waulk is a 6 ft 350 pd nose tackle who will have to be double and still shut down the middle.which frees up #34 kimo Baldwin defensive player of the year in region 23.jeb Jones #5 defensive end will contain any outside run attempt.on offense there is so many options either the spread or run game.qb #8 is a very mobile and accurate passer and will tuck it and run if no one's open.my opinion is the best all around player cg has

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I really dig both these teams and will be pleased to see either move forward. but to my friends in buckeye land, please excuse me for rooting for our ovc beathren '' THE COAL GROVE HORNETS ============= ROLL COAL''

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Pirate Nation
Waterboy

Post by Pirate Nation »

Don’t forget to bring cash. Have to pay to park!

Return to “Football”