2017 Playoffs Wheelersburg 34 Johnstown Monroe 7

The pirate indian
Riding the Bench

Re: Johnstown Monroe v Wheelersburg

Post by The pirate indian »

Hahaha man you guys must have helicopters, very fast ones. I actually heard they are moving us up to d1 just so our starters can play more than the first quarter. Probably better for everyone..

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

This thread is starting to get redundant. Lol. Well it has been for 5 pages or so. I can’t wait for Friday. I’d say Burg has a HUGE showing. There are going to be some Long faces on JM Side.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

LOL, well it looks like Friday night can't get here quick enough. All the chest thumping I think has been thumped out by Burg followers and 14vst for whoever he roots for. I always say the time for trash talking is before the game because after words only 1 fan base has bragging rights while the other one (literally) goes sulking off into the off-season saying WHAT IF. Good luck to both teams in this game, I'm going to stick with my Burg moving on prediction as long as they hold on to that ball I see this one being 2-3 score difference. If Burg has issues with Turnovers still think they win but more like a 17-14 game. Good Luck to both and congrats on your seasons, everyone traveling to the game drive safe. Burg PLEASE as my son says keep ya'lls milk jugs at home only people it bothers are the ones in the stands.

#ReachHigher
Riding the Bench

Post by #ReachHigher »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:35 pm OHSAA has released the semifinals pairing.
http://ohsaa.org/news-media/articles/Ar ... t-Pairings
Looks like 17v18 and 19v20
The bracket has been out for 3 weeks. I don’t know why people were wondering who was gonna play who. To the best of my knowledge OHSAA hasn’t thought about changing it

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

#ReachHigher wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:50 am
Jolly P(irate) wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:35 pm OHSAA has released the semifinals pairing.
The bracket has been out for 3 weeks. I don’t know why people were wondering who was gonna play who. To the best of my knowledge OHSAA hasn’t thought about changing it
Hmmmm. If that’s the case, why did they put out a press release for the semis?

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

#ReachHigher wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:50 am
They announced it yesterday. They even put it on Twitter that the pairings have been released!

UKblue4ever1968
Waterboy

Post by UKblue4ever1968 »

Wow are you kidding me the so called experts are giving a team south of Columbus (A LITTLE CREDIT........)Wake me up Alice i must have went to wonderland.........

UKblue4ever1968
Waterboy

Post by UKblue4ever1968 »

After watching J.M. and breaking it down like Burgs coaches will do. And may i add (will do it alot better then i did) if J.M. can not pass the ball they will get ran off the field Friday night. No team that is that one sided on offense will beat this burg team....i know J.M. coaching staff will try to do a little playaction with the pass but that only works if you run game is moving the ball on a regular basis. And i don't see J.M. doing this against this burg defense, that is there strong point stopping the run. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: They pride themselves on the fact that no back has rushed for a 100 yards against them..............So with all this being said good luck to both teams here's to a healthy and injury free game (BURG 31-j.M 14) 3 DOWN AND 2 TO GO!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

I still turnovers will make it a game

kingofthegame
Freshman Team

Post by kingofthegame »

Wheelersburg 49 Monroe 7

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

ReachHigher: The state puts brackets out for the Regionals. They reserve the right to structure the State Semis in any way they choose. If you notice they haven't decided 2 of the 7 semis --- d6 is one of those.

If you're going to criticize information given in here please know what you're talking about. JollyPirate is one of the posters who actually give good info and should be commended for it.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

14svt: Good to see you still around.

Turnovers could definitely play a part in this game as they are always the unknown or wild card.

As long as Wheelersburg has 1 more point at the end then it's all good.

The 89 championship team won their Regional Final 28-26 and advanced. Margin is irrelevant.

Good luck to both and hope to see a well played, injury-free contest. Regional Championship games are special.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Burg_10
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg_10 »

Been a lot of fun reading the back and forth between burg fans and 14SVT. Everyone rooting on their own team, that's how this stuff works.
I think the game will fall in Burg's favor, something like 31-17. JM is going to get their rushing yards but will find it hard to repeatedly push it in the end zone, and I think they won't be able to control the explosive plays and pass offense of Burg. Burg gets a good start and JM can never really climb all the way back in the game.
Both teams made it this far for a reason. Good luck to a great game, Burg win, and an injury free contest.

TravisHill22
Freshman Team

Post by TravisHill22 »

Justice League comes out this weekend so a lot of people will be going to see it instead of going to football games

TravisHill22
Freshman Team

Post by TravisHill22 »

If Wheelersburg and West Jeff win that game has to be @ Hamilton Township

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

I think Jtown oline will be big in this game also pushing back Burg d line Watching Jackson play Jtown Qback And RBs are a lot faster Jtown also is very fast on the corners

I think jtown coming in this game with 2 loses shows they can be beat Not going into this game with big heads saying I can’t be beat
If jtown can’t defend there receivers It’s going to be a long night

This game will be won in the trenches
Hopefully Jtown pulls this win out But they are going to have to play really hard
“One team One Heartbeat “
Last edited by 14svt on Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:25 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Neutron Man
All State

Post by Neutron Man »

TravisHill22 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:26 pm If Wheelersburg and West Jeff win that game has to be @ Hamilton Township

I'd take Chillicothe AGAIN!

14svt
JV Team

Post by 14svt »

If Jtown pulls this off and West Jeff win
Could be a Columbus game

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

Again, I'll say Spectrum is trash.

Just now watched the D5 preview for today on their Spectrum Blitz show. If you blink, you miss the D5 analysis. They started the preview saying "Wheelersburg barely escaped Columbus Academy." OK, a 19 point win is barely escaping. I see.

Then they said "Johnstown Dominated Portsmouth West" They said 457 yards of total offense, all on the ground, and they didn't throw a pass.

LOL...I'll be anxiously awaiting to see how they will recap tomorrow's game. "Wheelersburg struggled in their 49-7 win vs. the Jonnies"

Oh well. GO BURG!!!

Wburgfan
Waterboy

Post by Wburgfan »

It looks like the Newark Advocate has some articles about the Johnnies but a subscription is needed to read them. Anybody got one that can give some insight on what they are saying about the game?

Return to “Football”