Logan @ Athens (1/6)

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Re: Logan @ Athens (1/6)

Post by Truth&fiction »

bobcatforlife13 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:45 pm Here we go...First of all, I view Logan's Basketball team as the New England Patriots of high school basketball. Don't have to play dirty because they're very talented, but still do. Also, they are very good at playing to the refs and being perceived as victims of fouls on the court. That being said, enough of the bull about how Mommy's and Daddy's bail out their kids on the Athens team as well as other teams. That's a blanket statement and not every kid has a discipline issue. The whole, "back in my day" crap is exactly that...crap! I played in the 80's and believe me, there were PLENTY of Ts back then, too! Looked to me like the Athens coach is more interested in tearing down the players instead of building them up. His son looked like he would rather be anywhere but there. Felt bad for the young man. You can all get as mad as you want, but I was there sitting front and center on the Logan side, and I'm a neutral party. I have no dog in this fight, just my perspective from what I saw. There was a T called on Butcher last night that was not a T! He was trying to untangle his foot and wasn't even looking at the player on the floor. He was faced the other way. Probably looked bad,but I do not believe this was to hurt the other kid. Here's my take, leadership and all that comes with it starts at the top. Lots of talent on both sides of the court.
Just could not let this go . Honestly I tried so HERE WE GO . First was you on the Visitors side or the Home side ?You have stated both Second I have watched Logan some last year and this year and have never seen dirty play . They are talented and respectful . Your post did not seem like a neutral party by any means . Third Taking a shot at the Athens Coach behind a screen name shows little class . Fourth how are you related to one of the players?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Truth&fiction wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:19 pm
bobcatforlife13 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:45 pm Here we go...First of all, I view Logan's Basketball team as the New England Patriots of high school basketball. Don't have to play dirty because they're very talented, but still do. Also, they are very good at playing to the refs and being perceived as victims of fouls on the court. That being said, enough of the bull about how Mommy's and Daddy's bail out their kids on the Athens team as well as other teams. That's a blanket statement and not every kid has a discipline issue. The whole, "back in my day" crap is exactly that...crap! I played in the 80's and believe me, there were PLENTY of Ts back then, too! Looked to me like the Athens coach is more interested in tearing down the players instead of building them up. His son looked like he would rather be anywhere but there. Felt bad for the young man. You can all get as mad as you want, but I was there sitting front and center on the Logan side, and I'm a neutral party. I have no dog in this fight, just my perspective from what I saw. There was a T called on Butcher last night that was not a T! He was trying to untangle his foot and wasn't even looking at the player on the floor. He was faced the other way. Probably looked bad,but I do not believe this was to hurt the other kid. Here's my take, leadership and all that comes with it starts at the top. Lots of talent on both sides of the court.
Just could not let this go . Honestly I tried so HERE WE GO . First was you on the Visitors side or the Home side ?You have stated both Second I have watched Logan some last year and this year and have never seen dirty play . They are talented and respectful . Your post did not seem like a neutral party by any means . Third Taking a shot at the Athens Coach behind a screen name shows little class . Fourth how are you related to one of the players?
Good catch...he must’ve sat on both sides lol

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:52 pm
Truth&fiction wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:19 pm
Who is to say it is a He?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

VisionQuest wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:29 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:52 pm
Truth&fiction wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:19 pm Just could not let this go . Honestly I tried so HERE WE GO . First was you on the Visitors side or the Home side ?You have stated both Second I have watched Logan some last year and this year and have never seen dirty play . They are talented and respectful . Your post did not seem like a neutral party by any means . Third Taking a shot at the Athens Coach behind a screen name shows little class . Fourth how are you related to one of the players?
Who is to say it is a He?
True...there are a few moms and coach’s wifes on here

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Athens leads the world in new posters.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:46 pm Athens leads the world in new posters.
It’s close. Athens, Ironton, and Wheelersburg are top 3

Orestes'
Freshman Team

Post by Orestes' »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:44 pm Looks like Athens has a major discipline problem.
Yea but they have those really cool looking headbands and daddy ball is alive and well so all's good. :mrgreen:

Return to “Boys Basketball”