2018 Waverly Tigers Football Outlook

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: 2018 Waverly Tigers Football Outlook

Post by smurray »

toast wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:19 pm
SEO Sports wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:55 pm I know it's still early, but what is a reasonable projection for this team as of now? A lot can happen when games start.
smurray summed up things nicely. Just too many unknowns going in to this season and too many holes to fill to predict wins and losses. But I do sense an awful lot of excitement and optimism going in to this year. Just as much if not more than the last few years to be totally honest.
There is indeed a lot of excitement entering this season...
I think the new strength & conditioning program is paying dividends. All the kids need to buy into it and we need even more kids coming out. I didn't get an exact count yesterday but I believe there was a little over 50 out there. The physical difference in some of the key returning starters from last year is very noticeable - added size and muscle.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

"There is indeed a lot of excitement entering this season...
I think the new strength & conditioning program is paying dividends. All the kids need to buy into it and we need even more kids coming out. I didn't get an exact count yesterday but I believe there was a little over 50 out there. The physical difference in some of the key returning starters from last year is very noticeable - added size and muscle."

I've not had a chance to see the team together yet but I've been hearing the same thing regarding several of the starters looking noticeable bigger. Sounds like we are going to have better overall team speed than last year also which we all know is so important.

Is the Miami Trace scrimmage Friday or Saturday and what time does it begin? Thanks :)

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

toast wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:28 am "There is indeed a lot of excitement entering this season...
I think the new strength & conditioning program is paying dividends. All the kids need to buy into it and we need even more kids coming out. I didn't get an exact count yesterday but I believe there was a little over 50 out there. The physical difference in some of the key returning starters from last year is very noticeable - added size and muscle."

I've not had a chance to see the team together yet but I've been hearing the same thing regarding several of the starters looking noticeable bigger. Sounds like we are going to have better overall team speed than last year also which we all know is so important.

Is the Miami Trace scrimmage Friday or Saturday and what time does it begin? Thanks :)
I believe it is on Saturday. Not sure on the time

OldTiger
JV Team

Post by OldTiger »

Scrimmage is Saturday 8/11 @ 10am @ Miami Trace

toast
All State

Post by toast »

^^^

Thanks! Go Tigers!!

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Heard Miami Trace just got brand new turf as well

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Hopefully I can get to the scrimmage Saturday.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly is looking pretty good at Miami Trace right now. Have rotated ones first series 2’s second series, etc.
#1 Offense looking very good, sharp and crisp.
Very good team speed.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Waverly's jamboree game is at home this Friday at 7:00 vs Portsmouth.

Portsmouth has one of if not the best running backing back in southern Ohio. (Parker) Should be an exciting match-up.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

A much better matchup than Miami Trace was.
Will be very interesting to see how Waverly’s D handles Parker.
Also want to see Waverly’s offense against a faster defense than what Trace bright.

Return to “Football”