2018 Soccer Season

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Re: 2018 Soccer Season

Post by a_c_m »

Where does Gallia Academy play their home soccer games? At the football field or elsewhere? Need directions coming from Jackson area.

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

a_c_m wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:36 am Where does Gallia Academy play their home soccer games? At the football field or elsewhere? Need directions coming from Jackson area.
At the high school
Map

Post by a_c_m »

Tri-StateYouthSports wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:12 am
a_c_m wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:36 am Where does Gallia Academy play their home soccer games? At the football field or elsewhere? Need directions coming from Jackson area.
At the high school
Map
Thanks!

McBuckets
Waterboy

Post by McBuckets »

Fairfield Local has a loaded team. Honestly isn't even fair.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

McBuckets wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:30 pm Fairfield Local has a loaded team. Honestly isn't even fair.
Maybe their opponents will simply forfeit for fear of the obvious....I doubt it.

GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

I got to see south webster at the soccer previews in New Boston. They have a chance to go even further this year. They return everyone but one player from the regional finals team last year but have 2 new players via transfer. Not sure the rules anymore on who can play what and when, but if they are eligible for the full year, watch out!!

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

GoAt 10 wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:48 pm I got to see south webster at the soccer previews in New Boston. They have a chance to go even further this year. They return everyone but one player from the regional finals team last year but have 2 new players via transfer. Not sure the rules anymore on who can play what and when, but if they are eligible for the full year, watch out!!

I believe i know one of the transfers you are talking about and he should eligible the entire season, hope they can make a deep run and represent southern ohio well

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

I am pretty sure that both of the SW transfers are eligible for the first half of the season only. If that is the case, it would be tough to get your team chemistry built around a lineup that will be for sure changing after 8 games. Maybe the better way to utilize them for this year would be to bring them off the bench, especially since SW will have several seniors this year and was very good before they transferred.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Did they move into the district or have they already gone to SW at some point? Those are the major ways around the transfer rule.

stacey7722
Freshman Team

Post by stacey7722 »

The Flush wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:10 pm Waverly girls are only losing 1 or 2 starters if I recall correctly. 5 freshmen starters last season with some good 8th graders coming behind them, so they should become even better and be there for a few years.
Waverly team has a very knowledgeable and passionate coach as well. Give that guy some talent and they will win a lot of games.

Tower
JV Team

Post by Tower »

danicalifornia wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:12 pm Did they move into the district or have they already gone to SW at some point? Those are the major ways around the transfer rule.
I believe one already lived in SW but went to burg, he is returning to home school. The other one did not play in regular season last year but I do believe he played in a scrimmage or two with Clay. That, by my I understanding, makes him a transfer student and sits out last half of year.

aplayersinsight
Waterboy

Post by aplayersinsight »

Gavin Bennett of South Webster Highschool is eligible for the entire season (including playoffs), Despite rumor never actually played in any scrimmage for Clay last year nor did he dress, although he did help “coach” not long before quitting before rosterfication

aplayersinsight
Waterboy

Tower wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:20 pm
danicalifornia wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:12 pm Did they move into the district or have they already gone to SW at some point? Those are the major ways around the transfer rule.
I believe one already lived in SW but went to burg, he is returning to home school. The other one did not play in regular season last year but I do believe he played in a scrimmage or two with Clay. That, by my I understanding, makes him a transfer student and sits out last half of year.
He never played in a scrimmage but helped “coach”

Soccer
Riding the Bench

Post by Soccer »

aplayersinsight wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:57 pm
Tower wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:20 pm
He never played in a scrimmage but helped “coach”
He did play at shawnee scrimmage. Believe he broke a wrist or arm.

aplayersinsight
Waterboy

Was before deadline and not school official I was told. It. Was a question brought up by SW and OHSAA and they cleared him to play the whole season.

Tower
JV Team

Post by Tower »

aplayersinsight wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:56 pm Gavin Bennett of South Webster Highschool is eligible for the entire season (including playoffs), Despite rumor never actually played in any scrimmage for Clay last year nor did he dress, although he did help “coach” not long before quitting before rosterfication
Still trying to figure out what "coach" means. Either way, good luck to Jeeps and all Southeastern Ohio schools.

jazzfingers888
JV Team

Post by jazzfingers888 »

Don’t worry Tower, we are all hoping you someday figure out what “coach” means.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Soccer”