Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #7

Unbiased
Waterboy

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #7

Post by Unbiased »

I hate to say it again, but I don’t see anyway that with a win @ Coal Grove Friday that the Fairland Dragons are not in the top in the Top 8 this upcoming week. Went on road and destroyed #6 Gallia at home. Then beat #5 Jackson at Beast of the Southeast, then went to a very hard atmosphere to play in at #16 Ironton and won that one too. This is a very good basketball team.

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

Unbiased wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:08 pm I hate to say it again, but I don’t see anyway that with a win @ Coal Grove Friday that the Fairland Dragons are not in the top in the Top 8 this upcoming week. Went on road and destroyed #6 Gallia at home. Then beat #5 Jackson at Beast of the Southeast, then went to a very hard atmosphere to play in at #16 Ironton and won that one too. This is a very good basketball team.
Fairland's Resume
  • Quality Wins
    Jackson - pfloyd #8 (45-41) @Chesapeake HS
    Coal Grove - pfloyd #14 (51-46)
    Ironton x2 - pfloyd #15 (58-51) & (30-28)
    @ Gallia Academy - pfloyd #15 (69-44)
    @ Chesapeake - pfloyd #22 (56-47)
    West Union - pfloyd #27 (43-29) @North Adams HS
    @ South Webster - pfloyd #29 (51-38)
  • Quality Losses
    Dublin Coffman - AP Div I #3 (50-73) @Thomas Worthington HS
    Eastern Pike - AP Div III #11 & pfloyd #6 (52-54 OT) @Portsmouth HS
    Dublin Jerome - Div I (45-63) @Thomas Worthington HS

Opponents (To Date) Combined W-L Record: 112-76

Not too bad for a rebuilding year.
Last edited by Tri-StateYouthSports on Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Hoopie74 »

My Peebles Indians have had 4 games at home so far this year. They have had 10 games on the road. The road warriors now get 6 out of the next 8 games at home to finish out the season. Currently 7 wins and 7 losses, I feel good to go into this home stretch healthy and learning with many kids getting playing time.#noseniorsmanysophmores

General knowledge
Waterboy

Post by General knowledge »

Pfloyd is so bias. He goes to one Sheridan game and thinks he knows it all. Caught them on a bad night. Watch more basketball other than the southeast. You must have forgotten the MVL produced a state championship a couple years ago. The league is always tough at the top(John Glenn, Tri Valley, Sheridan, Maysville, Morgan). I bet most southeast teams wouldn’t go better than 500 against it.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

General knowledge wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:50 pm Pfloyd is so bias. He goes to one Sheridan game and thinks he knows it all. Caught them on a bad night. Watch more basketball other than the southeast. You must have forgotten the MVL produced a state championship a couple years ago. The league is always tough at the top(John Glenn, Tri Valley, Sheridan, Maysville, Morgan). I bet most southeast teams wouldn’t go better than 500 against it.
I'm not quite sure what you're complaining about. He has Sheridan ranked #5, that's not a bad spot.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

General knowledge wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:50 pm Pfloyd is so bias. He goes to one Sheridan game and thinks he knows it all. Caught them on a bad night. Watch more basketball other than the southeast. You must have forgotten the MVL produced a state championship a couple years ago. The league is always tough at the top(John Glenn, Tri Valley, Sheridan, Maysville, Morgan). I bet most southeast teams wouldn’t go better than 500 against it.
Remember when Sheridan came into the Convo last year and blew a 20 point lead? Yeah, that was awesome. The MVL is really good, but the last 2 times people have seen Sheridan, they’ve been badly outcoached and out performered by teams with less talent.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

AT THE RESERVATION
bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Since you're a Sheridan fan maybe you'll finally answer the question.

Where did Amere Royster go from last year?

Watching SE Ohio basketball
CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

"Watch more basketball than the southeast."

SOUTHEASTERNOHIOPREPS

Literally says it in the name lol

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:27 pm
"Watch more basketball than the southeast."

SOUTHEASTERNOHIOPREPS

Yes!! I love the attitude of some people.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... thank you for your valuable input ... "thinks he knows it all" ? - about ? - Sheridan? ... caught them on a bad night ? obviously - they lost BUT I do get it - it was the Generals 2nd straight loss - 2 bad nights in a row? - it happens ... I go to see teams in the Southeast because I rank the teams in the Southeast based on what I know and what I have seen - 72 teams is more than enough to keep track of imo ... I try my best to call them as I see them, trying NOT to be bias one way or another, for one team vs another team ... not sure how YOU can determine that I think I know it all - that implies that YOU know it all - and maybe you do - I'll give you the benefit of the doubt ... I will be the first to admit that I DON'T know it all - one reason I go see teams multiple times if possible - especially the good teams , the top 25-30 teams ... records don't tell the whole story, seeing teams, seeing how they play, seeing how they are coached, etc. - gives ME more information about the teams and helps to sidestep the "caught them on a bad night" situation ... apparently you don't agree with something I've posted - get in line ... the website itself, posting rankings - is built on the premise that posters will not always agree on what they see or what has been posted ... so I will go out on a limb and say that YOU do not agree with something I posted ... jumping to another even longer limb - you disagree with something I posted about Sheridan ... I'll stop there since I DON'T know everything ...

... I thank you again for your insightful input, I will strive to do better, I WILL see Sheridan again in the next 3 weeks ... hopefully catching them on a better night ... as far as viewing schools outside the Southeast - my loss - THAT "ain't" going to happen ... I'll have to continue to be MVL/East District/Central District deprived - my cross to bear as I KNOW there are excellent teams/basketball outside the SE District ...

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:27 pm "Watch more basketball than the southeast."

SOUTHEASTERNOHIOPREPS

The MVL Forum people are weird. They were conplaining about we didn't know how good John Glenn was. Even tho we all said the state final would be JG vs SVSM

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Is this the only fan of Sheridan on here? If so one complaint out of a few 1000 is too bad.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Mt Vernon 10
Logan 8

End 1st

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:23 pm
... thank you for your valuable input ... "thinks he knows it all" ? - about ? - Sheridan? ... caught them on a bad night ? obviously - they lost BUT I do get it - it was the Generals 2nd straight loss - 2 bad nights in a row? - it happens ... I go to see teams in the Southeast because I rank the teams in the Southeast based on what I know and what I have seen - 72 teams is more than enough to keep track of imo ... I try my best to call them as I see them, trying NOT to be bias one way or another, for one team vs another team ... not sure how YOU can determine that I think I know it all - that implies that YOU know it all - and maybe you do - I'll give you the benefit of the doubt ... I will be the first to admit that I DON'T know it all - one reason I go see teams multiple times if possible - especially the good teams , the top 25-30 teams ... records don't tell the whole story, seeing teams, seeing how they play, seeing how they are coached, etc. - gives ME more information about the teams and helps to sidestep the "caught them on a bad night" situation ... apparently you don't agree with something I've posted - get in line ... the website itself, posting rankings - is built on the premise that posters will not always agree on what they see or what has been posted ... so I will go out on a limb and say that YOU do not agree with something I posted ... jumping to another even longer limb - you disagree with something I posted about Sheridan ... I'll stop there since I DON'T know everything ...

... I thank you again for your insightful input, I will strive to do better, I WILL see Sheridan again in the next 3 weeks ... hopefully catching them on a better night ... as far as viewing schools outside the Southeast - my loss - THAT "ain't" going to happen ... I'll have to continue to be MVL/East District/Central District deprived - my cross to bear as I KNOW there are excellent teams/basketball outside the SE District ...
Wow pfloyd...who urinated in his cheerios...lol. Keep up the high quality work....yoda!!

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Logan 21
Mt Vernon 20

Half

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

OHHS old timer wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:34 pm
pfloyd wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:23 pm

Wow pfloyd...who urinated in his cheerios...lol. Keep up the high quality work....yoda!!
OHHS old timer - I'm thinkin' he won't be sending me a Valentines Card LOL ... it's all good ...

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Logan 30
Mt Vernon 25

End 3rd

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Logan 43
Mt Vernon 30

Final

Logan gets revenge for their only home loss last year.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Logan 43
Mt.Vernon 30 a final ... go Chiefs !!! sorry, showing my bias ...

Chiefs go to 10-2 ... travel to St.Chucks Friday night going for win #7 in a row ...

Return to “Boys Basketball”