2019 Wheelersburg Baseball

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: 2019 Wheelersburg Baseball

Post by wobycat »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 8:05 pm A number of people wanted to be critical of me when I said the quality of this year's Wheelersburg baseball program was not as good as in the past. I stated the talent was still there but nobody wanted to hear it. Well it played out as I felt it would.

Wheelersburg was 2-6 against good teams this year. (Wins: Ashland, Minford Losses: Hillard Darby, Ft. Loramie, Johnson Central, Minford, Zane Trace, Westfall). The rest of their schedule was against average to below average teams. Of course Wheelersburg baseball fans will get on here and try to say they beat a bunch of good teams but the records do not indicate that. Regardless it’s time for football practice.
I was critical because you said it early. Like 7 games in. Burg had a good year. Shared the SOC and district runner up. I don’t think they were that good last year either.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

wobycat wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 8:02 am
ItsMyOpinion wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 8:05 pm A number of people wanted to be critical of me when I said the quality of this year's Wheelersburg baseball program was not as good as in the past. I stated the talent was still there but nobody wanted to hear it. Well it played out as I felt it would.

Wheelersburg was 2-6 against good teams this year. (Wins: Ashland, Minford Losses: Hillard Darby, Ft. Loramie, Johnson Central, Minford, Zane Trace, Westfall). The rest of their schedule was against average to below average teams. Of course Wheelersburg baseball fans will get on here and try to say they beat a bunch of good teams but the records do not indicate that. Regardless it’s time for football practice.
I was critical because you said it early. Like 7 games in. Burg had a good year. Shared the SOC and district runner up. I don’t think they were that good last year either.
Only difference is they haven’t had a Moore, martin or Newman, Elliot on the mound

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

Congrats to the Pirates on a good year

Co SOC Champs
Sectional Champs
District Runners Up
20 Win Season

Baseball is a funny game. Previous 3 games before yesterday, scored 13,14 and 11 runs. Friday night against 2 pitchers throwing mid-80s, Burg scores 11. Yesterday against a pitcher throwing mid 70s to 77, Burg gets 5 hits, 1 run. Westfall pitcher had stellar defense behind him. I recall at least 4 balls that would have been hits except for amazing diving catches.

Best of luck to the 6 Seniors

25th Street NW
Varsity

Post by 25th Street NW »

That is why a single elimination tourney in baseball is a lot of luck or bad luck.
All other baseball tournaments are double elimination except for high school.
Double elimination takes the luck factor out of it some and tests pitching depth.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

That comment was made early in the season because I observed the differences early in the season. What I observed was the talent is still there. The difference is in the way the team carried itself and played. The difference definitely wasn’t the players.

I agree with the statement you have to be lucky at tournament time. High school baseball is just like any other high school sports, you have to be lucky in the tournament.

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

I know PHS would love to have such a bad season as the Burg had this year......just saying

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

wipala wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 2:40 pm I know PHS would love to have such a bad season as the Burg had this year......just saying
I know but Burg is always in the conservation to win the region in every sport

Return to “Baseball”