Jackson Ironmen 2019

CheeseBurger
Riding the Bench

Re: Jackson Ironmen 2019

Post by CheeseBurger »

Poo Bear wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:02 am
CheeseBurger wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:08 pm I forget we are in the age of safe spaces and Coddling. We hold their hand instead of tearing them down and building them up.
[/quote

What does “looks weak” mean anyway. This kid you bashed is 6 4 275 and has busted his butt all winter to get stronger. What does the carrico kid have to do with anything?
Carrico is a linebacker for ironton I am assuming he will be moved inside. The whole line will be tested in the first scrimmage. Jackson does scrimmage ironton last I heard. It is a OLs job to block linebackers. We will find out soon enough. we shall see that’s what scrimmages are for.

CheeseBurger
Riding the Bench

Post by CheeseBurger »

On a side note I think Davis has just as much upside as Carrico the coach at ironton is doing a good job he has contacts. That being said ironton football is really nationally known lutz was an icon. Could someone post Jackson’s 40 times 185 bench or 225. I know Parks Johnson spires ice Davis humphries spires Bragg. They are all bigger faster stronger!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

CheeseBurger wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:05 am On a side note I think Davis has just as much upside as Carrico the coach at ironton is doing a good job he has contacts. That being said ironton football is really nationally known lutz was an icon. Could someone post Jackson’s 40 times 185 bench or 225. I know Parks Johnson spires ice Davis humphries spires Bragg. They are all bigger faster stronger!
You already know those ones and want others or you just know they are bigger/faster/stronger?

You listed a bunch of 4.68-4.88 kids

CheeseBurger
Riding the Bench

Post by CheeseBurger »

I know they are bigger faster stronger have they tested yet if so can you post them. Didn’t know if any were in the 4.5 range there might be a few in this group that will. They were all 4.6-4.8 last year I think these Jackson guys are sandbagging on here! How is it act strong when your week and meek when your strong!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

CheeseBurger wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:39 pm I know they are bigger faster stronger have they tested yet if so can you post them. Didn’t know if any were in the 4.5 range there might be a few in this group that will. They were all 4.6-4.8 last year I think these Jackson guys are sandbagging on here! How is it act strong when your week and meek when your strong!
I don’t know their laser timed 40’s. I watched several of them and their explosion in early parts of sprints during track. Parks maybe cracks a 4.60 but I doubt it. Spires is phenomenal shape guessing right there in that range as well. Mitchell Johnson and Ice are right in their same speed range. Maybe 4.65 kids. I imagine Bragg and Evan Spires are closer to 4.85 than 4.75. Not sure Bragg is playing. Davis probably in the high 4.7 low 4.8.

Tristan Prater getting down good in the 40. Might be right there with Johnson/Graham area

Every single one is a guess...what I do know is they can all play. But Jackson does not have a lot of 4.5 guys, might not have any.

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

Why would Bragg not be playing?

Sunoco
Riding the Bench

Post by Sunoco »

T. Prater, J. Spires sub 4.7. Parks and Icenhower around 4.8 and everyone else above that.

The last word I heard Bragg is not playing because of his injury from last year. He is a baseball guy. He will definitely be missed.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

This isn’t a fast backfield overall. Spires can take it to the house but is more of a punishing type back. Graham is also a hard runner who is best between the tackles. Parks and Johnson are similar , smaller than the other two but strong fast and hard nosed. Both need to do a good job of taking care of the ball as they fight for yardage. Icenhower is very good at ball fakes and is a formidable runner also. Get these backs going downhill and let them punish tacklers . Spires and Graham need carries to get going. Keep running them and they’ll break one in the 3rd and 4th quarters . Parks and Johnson are great change of pace runners . When you have a thoroughbreds you turn em loose and let em run. This will help the line get in a rhythm and fire out and engage someone. The zone blocking in space is harder than getting a hat on a hat.

Jackson will be fine but needs to find its indentity early and not later.

Ice can sure sling it around and will have several nice weapons to throw too. But Jackson football shoulda always be about a smash mouth run game . My 2 cents

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Team will be fine. Everyone involved knows what is at stake.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Poo Bear wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:31 am This isn’t a fast backfield overall. Spires can take it to the house but is more of a punishing type back. Graham is also a hard runner who is best between the tackles. Parks and Johnson are similar , smaller than the other two but strong fast and hard nosed. Both need to do a good job of taking care of the ball as they fight for yardage. Icenhower is very good at ball fakes and is a formidable runner also. Get these backs going downhill and let them punish tacklers . Spires and Graham need carries to get going. Keep running them and they’ll break one in the 3rd and 4th quarters . Parks and Johnson are great change of pace runners . When you have a thoroughbreds you turn em loose and let em run. This will help the line get in a rhythm and fire out and engage someone. The zone blocking in space is harder than getting a hat on a hat.

Jackson will be fine but needs to find its indentity early and not later.

Ice can sure sling it around and will have several nice weapons to throw too. But Jackson football shoulda always be about a smash mouth run game . My 2 cents

Good post

Shane Falco
Freshman Team

Post by Shane Falco »

I think after this year it will be more throwing than running. You guys have something special coming. Jealous. lol

CheeseBurger
Riding the Bench

Post by CheeseBurger »

What a headache for Coach will he share the wealth or let one shine. Parks is the best defender. Spires can block as well as parks. Davis is a devastating blocker I’d like to see him at h-back eating Carricos lunch. I don’t see anyone stopping the Jackson run game 9 and 10 in the box it’s gonna be a long night for defenses. Not to mention the pass and run defense of the Ironman.

IronTough2
Riding the Bench

Post by IronTough2 »

Ironmen 7 on 7 tonight with Unioto at 6 pm.. Fun to watch them sling it around a bit.

Max opinion
Riding the Bench

Post by Max opinion »

CheeseBurger wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:46 pm What a headache for Coach will he share the wealth or let one shine. Parks is the best defender. Spires can block as well as parks. Davis is a devastating blocker I’d like to see him at h-back eating Carricos lunch. I don’t see anyone stopping the Jackson run game 9 and 10 in the box it’s gonna be a long night for defenses. Not to mention the pass and run defense of the Ironman.
Eating Carricos lunch ? Better have a big appetite, but reading your your messages I’m not sure Jackson should waste their time on little ole Ironton maybe you guys should schedule Ohio state they MIGHT give you guys a little competition

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Max opinion wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:30 pm
CheeseBurger wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:46 pm What a headache for Coach will he share the wealth or let one shine. Parks is the best defender. Spires can block as well as parks. Davis is a devastating blocker I’d like to see him at h-back eating Carricos lunch. I don’t see anyone stopping the Jackson run game 9 and 10 in the box it’s gonna be a long night for defenses. Not to mention the pass and run defense of the Ironman.
Eating Carricos lunch ? Better have a big appetite, but reading your your messages I’m not sure Jackson should waste their time on little ole Ironton maybe you guys should schedule Ohio state they MIGHT give you guys a little competition
Careful to not generalize an entire group with one person’s posts.

Max opinion
Riding the Bench

Post by Max opinion »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:52 pm
I agree my bad

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Nice to see the helmets on and tossing the pigskin around tonight. Keep working boys

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Max opinion wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:24 pm

I agree my bad
I found nothing wrong with his post. He said, he’d like to see it, not that he was going to see it. He just thinks Jackson will be a hard team to beat. He may very well right.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I agree my bad
No worries

Max opinion
Riding the Bench

Post by Max opinion »

wobycat wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:31 pm

I agree my bad
I found nothing wrong with his post. He said, he’d like to see it, not that he was going to see it. He just thinks Jackson will be a hard team to beat. He may very well right.
I guarantee Jackson will be a hard team to beat , I don’t agree with adults calling kids out by name and hoping others “ eat their lunch “ I know he will get a ton attention this year Bc of all the offers he’s received but at the end of the day he’s still a jr in high school a young teenager

Return to “Football”