2019 OHIO STATE BUCKEYE FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: 2019 OHIO STATE BUCKEYE FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

Post by Bleeding Red »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:19 am Michigan has a very tough schedule , they play notre dame and army, and mtsu ooc. the army game and the notre dame game will be very, very tough. don't forget what kind of year the black knights had last year. and the irish are loaded. and last year's score means nothing anymore by ohio state. 62-39 would be great again. but this is a whole horse of a nuther color this year. we'' see how well we have rebooted by the time these 2 titans lock horns at the end of the season. it's been at least 7 years since Michigan won, can't rightly remember past that.
Ohio State has won 16 of the last 18.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

just the way I hope it stays red.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

https://www.yardbarker.com/college_foot ... 5#slide_20

According to yardbarker, OSU has the 13th hardest schedule this coming season in NCAA. scUM was 6th (I think).

People need to look at schedules for BAMA and other schools who still continue to schedule FCS teams on a yearly basis.

I dont want to hear how bad OSU's schedule is when BAMA is scheduling teams like Western Carolina (FCS). Ridiculous to even think of the trash some of these SEC schools put on their schedule.

OSU's worst game is against Florida Atlantic. At least they are FBS and in Conference USA.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

several teams play 2 fcs schools this year. florida is one.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

No matter what the Bucks do. No matter who the Bucks play. It will never be good enough in the eyes of the self proclaimed gurus of the college schedulers. Don’t dare mention how many FCS schools the SEC powerhouses have on their schedule. Just knock the BIG10s lesser schools of the FBS on the schedule. Watch here in a few weeks when ESPN starts showing training camps and how many BIG10 schools get HOURS upon HOURS of air time. ESPN surely helps the SEC recruit. All the 5star athletes that are still undecided that hasn’t made a campus visit just gets to sit back and watch and see just what it’s like to go the SEC. of all the NCAA violations that a school has to walk egg shells on I just don’t understand how the heck that ESPN can get away with this.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

countywide35 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:43 pm No matter what the Bucks do. No matter who the Bucks play. It will never be good enough in the eyes of the self proclaimed gurus of the college schedulers. Don’t dare mention how many FCS schools the SEC powerhouses have on their schedule. Just knock the BIG10s lesser schools of the FBS on the schedule. Watch here in a few weeks when ESPN starts showing training camps and how many BIG10 schools get HOURS upon HOURS of air time. ESPN surely helps the SEC recruit. All the 5star athletes that are still undecided that hasn’t made a campus visit just gets to sit back and watch and see just what it’s like to go the SEC. of all the NCAA violations that a school has to walk egg shells on I just don’t understand how the heck that ESPN can get away with this.
Good observations, but remember that ESPN owns, or at least does production for the SEC Network. Thus it is to ESPN's financial advantage to promote all things SEC, especially football. As to other bias against the Buckeyes, they are going to have regain respect by avoiding embarrassing 31-0 playoff beat downs and three touchdown losses to Iowa and Purdue. Benefit of the doubt is earned, not given. Maybe, just maybe Ryan Day and the Buckeyes can chip away at the bias during the 2019 season.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

I understand why ESPN does it. Which to me is what makes it even worse! They are company that broadcasts ALL sports but when it comes to college football they are so biased to one. They bait you in to watch by promoting ALL SPORTS but then come fall become so one sided when it comes to Power 5 College Football. Again, with all the NCAA sanctions that a school has to be aware of I just don’t understand how one network gets away doing what ESPN does when it comes to college football. I thought all the NCAA rules were made so that ALL College Programs has an equal playing field when it comes to recruiting.
I have no problem with Sportscenter. No issues with College Gameday. No issues with the College Scoreboard Final. Love them! However, every show just mentioned covers ALL teams and games.
But what I do have an issue with is after you watch Sportscenter in early August immediately following on every ESPN channel you get HOURS of roll tide training camp. Thats wrong!! I understand ESPN owns SEC network. But play it there. On the SEC Network not ESPN channels !
Just as the BIG10 and PAC12 channels do. They cover their own! So SEC network do the same.
Get it off ESPN , ESPN2 , ESPNU etc.
Last edited by countywide35 on Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Omega I do agree that the Bucks will need to earn some respect back. When you mention the above setbacks it seems when it happens to the Bucks they are crucified! Let Bama stumble and get a slap on the wrist. You never hear about how the bucks were giving a shot and went through 3QBs to win the National Title as a underdog. But that’s our society. NEVER talk about the good things ALWAYS talk about the bad. I do hope you are right about Day and the Bucks being able to chip away at the critics.

But Again , the critics are so overwhelmed with the talks of ESPN and folks like Paul Finebaum that get hours of National Air time through broadcasts of Sportscenter to bash the Buckeyes and the BIG10 and put the SEC up on a pedestal. It’s a wonder we ever win a game or even get a shot at a postseason berth.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

some very good points from both of you.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Do some research about the conception of the B1G Network, how ESPN felt about it (and the remarks they made), etc.

Now ESPN is not financially doing as well as it used to (I think mainly because of their open liberal stance on issues- which is the main reason I do not watch them anymore) and look at how well B1G Network is doing for itself.

This has cost ESPN an enormous amount of money in TV contracts and they lost a ton of revenue to FOX/Fox Sports due to the shift of power that the B1G attributed to after the start of their own network and fall out with ESPN.

Its all about money. ESPN has their money invested in SEC Network, so of course they are going to push their audience towards the SEC. The more powerful they can make the SEC, the higher the ratings and more ad/sponsor money/revenue they bring in.

Easy fix: Just stop watching their shytty network. I stopped as soon as they gave the Arthur Ash award to Caitlyn Jenner over some really deserving people who actually did something besides being dramatic.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Bleeding Red wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:51 am
noreply66 wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:42 am
9.5 INCHES wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:30 am JMO...Little birdie telling me bucks will have 2 losses this season....1 probable L by a cupcake on that weak schedule....
What did the little wren tell you about Meatchicken?
That they are over hyped as usual.

Although scUM might be better this year, Patterson is a turnover machine and cant take hits. Their defense will take a plunge compared to last year.

Not to mention Evans (I think it was) was kicked off the team.

Not looking good for them and I am totally fine with that ;)
Michigan hain't better than ohio state this year till they prove it on the field.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

9.5 INCHES wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:52 pm I see my opinion is irrelevant and immaterial here....disregard my input.......
well l love your imput here. I have a great, great deal of respect for Michigan football. and you have every right to be as proud of your team as we do of ours. two of the great college football programs ever. and although Michigan is preseason rated higher. and has so many great players. they still gotta get that monkey off their backs. and it wears scarlett and grey.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:30 pm Do some research about the conception of the B1G Network, how ESPN felt about it (and the remarks they made), etc.

Now ESPN is not financially doing as well as it used to (I think mainly because of their open liberal stance on issues- which is the main reason I do not watch them anymore) and look at how well B1G Network is doing for itself.

This has cost ESPN an enormous amount of money in TV contracts and they lost a ton of revenue to FOX/Fox Sports due to the shift of power that the B1G attributed to after the start of their own network and fall out with ESPN.

Its all about money. ESPN has their money invested in SEC Network, so of course they are going to push their audience towards the SEC. The more powerful they can make the SEC, the higher the ratings and more ad/sponsor money/revenue they bring in.

Easy fix: Just stop watching their shytty network. I stopped as soon as they gave the Arthur Ash award to Caitlyn Jenner over some really deserving people who actually did something besides being dramatic.
I'm with you red. I used to watch sportscenter religiously. now I go months at a time without turning it on. they have ruined that network.

Bob Bolshavic
Freshman Team

Post by Bob Bolshavic »

I not watched espn for awhile unless it a game of some kind. Wasn't because of any perceived bias I just didn't think it was that entertaining.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

that's the only time I watch espn, is for games. or specials like 30 for 30.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Well we should be able to watch a highlight show of all sports without coming Aug we get blasted in the you know where with one sides opinions. I’m off the espn kick (for now lol)

What’s everybody thoughts with this team ??? We gonna come out the gates smoking hot???? Or we gonna see a team n new coach mold into contenders by doing what it takes week in week out.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

What I hope for is we don't hit that speed bump that prior Urban Meyer teams hit. Iowa? Purdue? We should steamroll those teams. We should aspire to compete with Clemson and Bama. Hopefully Day isn't caught up in an ego trip with besting Saban

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I’m hoping this TEAM comes out blazing and playing more aggressive....they are loaded with talent!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I agree with smurray. I think from what I saw outta ryan day is that he is gonna go full throttle and not take his foot off the gas. as much as I love urban, he watched some nonsense going on. like these dumb backward passes and the like. and off field stuff. I think he is going to be a players coach. but a strict disciplinarian as well. you have to be at ohio state. woody hayes already had a huge career going coaching the buckeyes, john cooper had great success at zona state prior to coaching the bucks, tressel had won national championships at Youngstown, luke got throwed into a crapcopter. and urban had 2 national titles before landing here. ryan I think will put the pedal to the metal making his mark. one game at a time.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

I agree men. If what we saw last year with him as Interim head coach we should see a high octane team. We need it on BOTH sides of the ball. Players playing with a high level of of intensity and speed. I do like we are not even being considered as play-off contender. I have always found it easier to play as the underdog. And gosh dang it I hope they come out with a chip on their shoulder with the attitude of proving the world wrong.

Return to “College Sports”