SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Scrimmage Results

Post by EasternDspy »

I think Friday or Sat they can start.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Scrimmage Results

Post by Orange and Brown »

They are scrimmages... Who cares about results. Schools don't show much and okay as many kids as they can lol

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Same here O&B. Scrimmages they are getting the feel/motions, and more less practicing against another team. They don't show everything as well. It's not a full go type deal. Able to see some talent though that coaches look for etc etc. Where work needs to be done.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Still learn more from scrimmages than from a 7 on 7 passing drill with no line or pads. The main reason I like them is seeing how the coaches coach the players since they are right there on the field with them. Some coaches are more laid back while others blow a gasket. I am curious to see how weight room Mike does it. I won't make it to Nelsonville this Friday since I got work to do but I know people who will be there and anxiously await their feedback.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

I always look forward to scrimmage feedback or results. It’s your first glimpse of the whole team together against someone else. Much different from 7on7s. Ny vs Logan scrimmage should be a good one to give us a taste of what’s to come. Hope both teams stay injury free for the season

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

cbolt wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:36 am Still learn more from scrimmages than from a 7 on 7 passing drill with no line or pads. The main reason I like them is seeing how the coaches coach the players since they are right there on the field with them. Some coaches are more laid back while others blow a gasket. I am curious to see how weight room Mike does it. I won't make it to Nelsonville this Friday since I got work to do but I know people who will be there and anxiously await their feedback.
Them front brake shoes we are putting on that truck shouldn't take long, Bolt. You could still go down to NY and see it. It's just down the road right outside our back yard/hop, skip and a jump from here. What time does the varsity scrimmage start?

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

agree on a lot of the comments about scrimmages. they are a good thing. they need to see where they are. after all the work has been put in the kids want to see it as well. don't see a whole lot but the coaches can see what the players are doing wrong.

what are some nice matchups for the first scrimmages??

Jackson/Portsmouth west
ny/logan

to name a few...…...who else has some nice pairings such as that...….

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Don’t know much about Hillsboro but we have them at home Monday night for our first full contact scrimmage

Hillsboro @ Unioto

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

countywide35 wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:28 am agree on a lot of the comments about scrimmages. they are a good thing. they need to see where they are. after all the work has been put in the kids want to see it as well. don't see a whole lot but the coaches can see what the players are doing wrong.

what are some nice matchups for the first scrimmages??

Jackson/Portsmouth west
ny/logan

to name a few...…...who else has some nice pairings such as that...….
Ny also has a jamboree with Newark Catholic, should be a good matchup. Athens vs Trimble jamboree should be good as well. I have not seen many others post their scrimmages unfortunately.

Rvfan
Freshman Team

Post by Rvfan »

River Valley scrimmages at Symmes Valley August 15, and has one with Rock Hill the next week. 7x7 went well and they've been looking good in practice.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

TRENCHFOOT wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:19 am
cbolt wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:36 am Still learn more from scrimmages than from a 7 on 7 passing drill with no line or pads. The main reason I like them is seeing how the coaches coach the players since they are right there on the field with them. Some coaches are more laid back while others blow a gasket. I am curious to see how weight room Mike does it. I won't make it to Nelsonville this Friday since I got work to do but I know people who will be there and anxiously await their feedback.
Them front brake shoes we are putting on that truck shouldn't take long, Bolt. You could still go down to NY and see it. It's just down the road right outside our back yard/hop, skip and a jump from here. What time does the varsity scrimmage start?
Starts at 6.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Orange and Brown wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:13 pm
TRENCHFOOT wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:19 am
Starts at 6.
Thanks O&B. Going to be cutting it tight putting brakes on a truck at 3pm. Time is not on Bolts side. Have to hurry with everything else we have to do.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Ironton comes to Valley tonight at 6:00.

Valley goes to Grandview Heights next Friday I believe.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I look for the ironton/Jackson scrimmage to be more of a battle. I know ironton is out to prove something. and Jackson wants to hold on to their recent dominance over ironton the last few times they played. Jackson is a much bigger district. and ironton has 60 horses in the stalls this year. so it should get real quickly.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Sunoco
Riding the Bench

Post by Sunoco »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:20 am I look for the ironton/Jackson scrimmage to be more of a battle. I know ironton is out to prove something. and Jackson wants to hold on to their recent dominance over ironton the last few times they played. Jackson is a much bigger district. and ironton has 60 horses in the stalls this year. so it should get real quickly.
60 kids 9-12 or 10-12?

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:20 am I look for the ironton/Jackson scrimmage to be more of a battle. I know ironton is out to prove something. and Jackson wants to hold on to their recent dominance over ironton the last few times they played. Jackson is a much bigger district. and ironton has 60 horses in the stalls this year. so it should get real quickly.

Yeah agree , The talk all over the area has been ironton ironton ironton. All D1 backfield , top linebacker in the nation , ect . Teams are waiting for this huge challenge.

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Poo Bear wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:05 pm

Yeah agree , The talk all over the area has been ironton ironton ironton. All D1 backfield , top linebacker in the nation , ect . Teams are waiting for this huge challenge.
A lot of people be at this Ironton/Jackson scrimmage wanting to forecast the Burg match-up, wanting to see the Carrico hype and revitalized Ironton program. It will be have some attendance.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Dandy Don wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:16 pm
Poo Bear wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:05 pm
I actually am buying into the Ironton hype . While Jackson is a steady program , I’ll be happy if the Ironmen stay with a score of the tigers . Concussions are a worry for this game .

A lot of people be at this Ironton/Jackson scrimmage wanting to forecast the Burg match-up, wanting to see the Carrico hype and revitalized Ironton program. It will be have some attendance.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Any word on how the NY/Logan scrimmage went? Curious on how both teams looked

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

Any word on Ironton/Valley scrimmage?

Return to “Football”