2019 OHIO STATE BUCKEYE FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: 2019 OHIO STATE BUCKEYE FOOTBALL SCHEDULE

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I hope you are right friend. I look for day to attack more, and not take his foot off the gas. as awesome as urban was. and owns 3 national championships. his health and other issues had his head not in the game the way you need to stay focused. this break will be good for him. he'll be involved with ohio state/broadcasting. and needs to be fulfilled with that and family. he'll get the coaching itch again, and get it bad. and he'll get lucrative high priority offers. but if in fact it was actually more health related, then he should not return to coaching. if he returns to coaching anytime soon, then it was a smokescreen. I love the guy. and hope he doesn't and stays retired coaching wise.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I look for day to be uber focused. esp. with his 1st gig as a head coach is being the general at ohio state. yeah, he's gonna light people up. recruiting will skyrocket. and with any luck, osu barely misses a beat.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

This is a head scratcher or maybe not. The reason behind OSU offdring mini season ticket packages were that traditional season ticket renewals were down four to five percent:

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-sta ... t-packages

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Never thought I would see the day TOSU was down in ticket sales :shock: Could this be a post UFM effect or maybe a weaker schedule than usual ?

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

cbolt wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:45 pm Never thought I would see the day TOSU was down in ticket sales :shock: Could this be a post UFM effect or maybe a weaker schedule than usual ?
Bolt, I see many reasons. No big name out of conference game, ridiculously high prices, extreme hassles getting to and parking anywhere near campus, and honestly aside from TBDBITL, the game day experience is more like a pro game rather than collegiate. The big reason though is oversaturated television coverage. 50 years ago the Bucks were on TV at most twice a year. Now every game can be seen from the comfort of your couch. I am sure the Urban Meyer saga may have had a small effect, but TV is the main villan.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
9.5 INCHES
All Conference

Post by 9.5 INCHES »

Omega wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:20 pm
cbolt wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:45 pm Never thought I would see the day TOSU was down in ticket sales :shock: Could this be a post UFM effect or maybe a weaker schedule than usual ?
No big name out of conference game, oversaturated television coverage.
I will agree omega....

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I agree, about being able to see them on tv. heck watch a reds game, there ain't anybody there. was a time I didn't care for watching a game on tv nearly as much as being there. but time, raising a family, finances, health changes, dvr's pausing live tv, eating our own food, not getting beer spilled down your back. or setting next to someone who just puked on your cowboy boots. your own restroom and the like. not climbing 10,000 stairs with bad knees. I much prefer watching them in the comfort of my own climate controlled home.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:45 am not getting beer spilled down your back. or setting next to someone who just puked on your cowboy boots.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

that actually happened to me at a concert in Huntington trench. we went to see hank jr, sawyer brown and the ky. headhunters and this yokel throwed up beanie weenies and moonshine on my snakeskin cowboy boots. I was ready to unscrew his head and drag it through it. but cooler heads prevailed.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Was those the same boots you slipped on the ice with bait? :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

indeed they were I had them things like 25 years. I had so many new bottoms put on them I lost count

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

That snakeskin must be tougher than a two dollar steak! :lol:

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

cbolt wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:30 pm That snakeskin must be tougher than a two dollar steak! :lol:
they were, they just lasted forever, and finally they just dry rotted along the bottoms of the snakeskin.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Bait I love reading your posts. They genuinely make me laugh over the years. It’s good stuff.

Guys hate to say it. But should try and catch the segment of Sportscenters 10min deal. It’s not an hr of roll tide training camp but it’s worth watching.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

the heck of it is county, I talk about stuff that has really happened. it's been a crazy ride for me. and if you look up murphy's law. you may see my picture.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:04 am the heck of it is county, I talk about stuff that has really happened. it's been a crazy ride for me. and if you look up murphy's law. you may see my picture.

ahhh theres no doubt you are telling the truth......that what makes them funny!!!! did you catch the little segment ESPN did on Day and the buckeyes over the weekend???...….ive been watching ESPN a little more so than normal here of late due to the little league world series.....wasn't much on XnO;s but did show quite a culture change that day is implementing up in the capital city...….

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

countywide35 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:47 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:04 am the heck of it is county, I talk about stuff that has really happened. it's been a crazy ride for me. and if you look up murphy's law. you may see my picture.

ahhh theres no doubt you are telling the truth......that what makes them funny!!!! did you catch the little segment ESPN did on Day and the buckeyes over the weekend???...….ive been watching ESPN a little more so than normal here of late due to the little league world series.....wasn't much on XnO;s but did show quite a culture change that day is implementing up in the capital city...….
Since I dont watch much E$PN these days, what was the story about? What type of culture change?

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Bleeding Red wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:52 am
countywide35 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:47 am

Since I dont watch much E$PN these days, what was the story about? What type of culture change?

day making and doing some remodeling of the athletic facilities……..changing the theme from a sports atmosphere more to a living room family home....thought maybe those were just strong words to a little construction overhaul but he wasn't kidding...….it looked like a living room of a brand new modern day home.....couches, lounge chairs, fireplaces, massaging chairs, arcade rooms, tv room, basketball courts, etc...…..day said he wanted the players and new recruits coming in to not be overwhelmed with the new scene making them feel as though they left home......said he wanted to create a family type atmosphere for the current and incoming new players...…..didn't want anybody to feel intimidated by the heavy sports/coaches theme of OSU facilities...;....day wans them to feel as though they left "home" and moved into a brand new home.....said he wanted to be the coach that the players didn't fear but instead wanted to be the coach that any player could feel comfortable coming up to him with any and all issues...…..it was neat to see and can see this being a positive proactive way of connecting with the players...….at first I was I was a little leary but after some thought and seeing it out of his eyes it made sense.... times and culture have changed and I see this as Coach Day adapting with the changes.....the players seemed to have really been buying into his way of thinking......could be onto something......

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I hope by "culture change" he don't mean he will go easier on the players now. When Meyer got there he called it a clown show. They were so out of shape he worked the heck out of them to get them national contenders again. I know he wanted them playing at a frenetic pace and that's why they had to be in better shape. With the QB they got this year they will need that face pace play to be successful imo. It nice to have the facilities and amenities to keep them entertained and comfy, but don't get too comfy . I heard the offense really struggled in the intrasquad scrimmage over the weekend. That could mean either the offense is not very good or the defense is lights out.

Return to “College Sports”