2019 Ironton Tigers Outlook

Max opinion
Riding the Bench

Re: 2019 Ironton Tigers Outlook

Post by Max opinion »

14U wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:16 am
Max opinion wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:36 pm
BurgGrad6 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:17 pm I heard that valley ran the ball well against Ironton..?? Any truth to that?
I would say no , but if you ask Ironton coaches they would say yes , Ironton missed a lot of tackles at the line and behind the line of a scrimmage, it’s really hard to tell how things would go in a game Bc of the format of 10 plays each as far as first downs go like the one time lucasville scored they fumbled and ironton recovered the play before , I like lucasville QB he ran well some called and other time for his life but he will have a good year , my opinion is based on they only scored once and that was the only time they threatened to score
That’s why we play the scrimmages to get the little things taken care of and to work on what the teams need to get better at. I bet Ironton only ran plays they needed to work on against Valley starting 11. All teams are rusty until they get it out during scrimmages.Ironton is going to be ok with a lot of talent at skill positions!! Ironton showed last year where the program is heading and that’s the right direction. Ironton was strong, in condition where they haven’t been since lutz retired. Good Luck this year Fighting Tiger
I’m glad you mentioned that because it was hot Friday night and I didnt see one ironton player cramping up or acting winded very impressed with their conditioning

LOMBARDI9.9
Riding the Bench

Post by LOMBARDI9.9 »

The ones that get cramps need fluids. It is not a lack of
Conditioning but a lot of sweating without replenishing

Max opinion
Riding the Bench

Post by Max opinion »

LOMBARDI9.9 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:09 pm The ones that get cramps need fluids. It is not a lack of
Cramps are also a sign of lack of conditioning

Bobbbbbb
Freshman Team

Post by Bobbbbbb »

Max opinion wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:59 pm
LOMBARDI9.9 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:09 pm The ones that get cramps need fluids. It is not a lack of
or that Ironton was in dire need of a timeout!

Max opinion
Riding the Bench

Post by Max opinion »

Bobbbbbb wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:21 pm
Max opinion wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:59 pm
or that Ironton was in dire need of a timeout!
Keep up wanna be tiger , they didn’t have cramps they wasn’t winded they are in very good shape

XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:32 am I agree, that's exactly what scrimmages are for. to see what you got and work it out. but me thinks the Jackson/ironton scrimmage will be a horse of a different color. these 2 are gonna bang it out I think.
Don't get ya hopes up. Nobody is gonna risk injury right before the season begins for a game worth zero points. Ya letting ya emotions take the place of ya better judgement. Neither staff will do the same. Ironton and Jackson would be a quality game but if ya wanna see em bang it out, ya gonna have to get em on the schedule. Now if hyperbole is ya thing, hows about this?

Jackson in the place of Russell would make Irontons OOC schedule pretty impressive imo.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Jackson will want to try and test themselves against ironton . Try and match irontons physicality. I would say 2-3 series then shut it down . Too close to week 1. Neither team wants to risk Injury especially concussions. Just my opinion

Max opinion
Riding the Bench

Post by Max opinion »

Poo Bear wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:17 am Jackson will want to try and test themselves against ironton . Try and match irontons physicality. I would say 2-3 series then shut it down . Too close to week 1. Neither team wants to risk Injury especially concussions. Just my opinion
I agree , it’s the week before opening night And I’m sure neither coach wants a injury that would keep someone out the first game or beyond , kind of a scary game two big physical teams going at it in a game that doesn’t mean anything , I would’ve like to see these game played last weekend

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Max opinion wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:34 am
Poo Bear wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:17 am Jackson will want to try and test themselves against ironton . Try and match irontons physicality. I would say 2-3 series then shut it down . Too close to week 1. Neither team wants to risk Injury especially concussions. Just my opinion
I agree , it’s the week before opening night And I’m sure neither coach wants a injury that would keep someone out the first game or beyond , kind of a scary game two big physical teams going at it in a game that doesn’t mean anything , I would’ve like to see these game played last weekend
I think the coaches are friends , maybe even a joint practice sense they don’t play . I know some pro teams do this . Maybe a stupid idea though.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

wait n see, this may be more of a slugfest than you think.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:01 am wait n see, this may be more of a slugfest than you think.
Not sure what you mean by slug fest ...I know when the Ball snaps Jackson Ironmen will come up and hit . I expect ironton to be off the charts with the off season chatter . So let’s assume both teams will be physical , that’s what your supposed to do . What I’m saying is you’ll see a few drives and that’s it . No way these teams go head to head for 4 quarters a 7 days before week 1. Zero chance

Max opinion
Riding the Bench

Post by Max opinion »

I’m not sure what the format will be but if it’s the same as last week each team gets 10 plays on offense then switch , if that’s the case next week I would say 20 plays on each side of the ball will be about all the varsity will do , I’m not sure who Jackson plays week one but Ironton plays wheelersburg so you can bet the farm it won’t by a lengthy stink for the starters

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Poo Bear wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:11 am
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:01 am wait n see, this may be more of a slugfest than you think.
Not sure what you mean by slug fest ...I know when the Ball snaps Jackson Ironmen will come up and hit . I expect ironton to be off the charts with the off season chatter . So let’s assume both teams will be physical , that’s what your supposed to do . What I’m saying is you’ll see a few drives and that’s it . No way these teams go head to head for 4 quarters a 7 days before week 1. Zero chance
poo what I mean by slugfest is very, very physical for a quarter maybe. both big, physical, proud teams. nothing in any of my posts has ever indicated I wanted to see fist fights, you know that. as well as everybody else here. I think our teams are both primed for big years. and I'm excited for both. you gotta remember I'm an ole SEOAL guy myself. I have nothing but respect for Jackson. and I'm good friends with andy. we had football camps together when I coached youth football at rock hill, and he was the high school coach. I figure for a few series' it will be extremely physical. then clear all the starters out. hit up ponderosa and leave town.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

that's what I mean by a slugfest.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Max opinion wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:34 am I’m not sure what the format will be but if it’s the same as last week each team gets 10 plays on offense then switch , if that’s the case next week I would say 20 plays on each side of the ball will be about all the varsity will do , I’m not sure who Jackson plays week one but Ironton plays wheelersburg so you can bet the farm it won’t by a lengthy stink for the starters
I'd say that sounds extremely accurate and as expected. and smart to do so.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

for what they get to play it will be a heckuva short lived scrimmage...whatever the longevity , format of the scrimmage it may be....both starting groups are going to get after it....if that's 10 plays of Offense 10 plays of defense only..... or..... if its 10-plays each then a down and distance series to establish a drive these two teams are going to come out with a point to prove......both coaches want to see what they have in limited shown formations and plays on both sides of the ball......I expect the coaches to be all eyes on assignments, techniques and physicality of the players when lined up across someone that's gonna be giving it right back...if that takes 20plays or 40 to see that....its definitely a matchup that will enable both programs heading into the season to see what they have and what they need to work on prior to week 1.....

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
XandO72
JV Team

Post by XandO72 »

Sigh.

Neither team will go hard. It will be a walk through.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

good luck to ironton and the entire ovc in their preview games at ironton high this year. here's hoping that they have some safe, injury free matchups.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Not sure why your playing if your not going hard.
More likely to get hurt when your not going hard. How do you know what you got if you don’t go hard. Hell you can have a walk thru against your second team. Go as hard as you can but be smart, blow whistle early and don’t show anything.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

fbnut wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:12 am Not sure why your playing if your not going hard.
More likely to get hurt when your not going hard. How do you know what you got if you don’t go hard. Hell you can have a walk thru against your second team. Go as hard as you can but be smart, blow whistle early and don’t show anything.
I think it was sarcasm

Return to “Football”