Gallia Academy 38 River Valley 0

NoPain23
Freshman Team

Re: Week 2: Gallia Academy (1-0) @ River Valley (0-1)

Post by NoPain23 »

This GA defense looks unreal. Yes it was meigs, but they had 11 hats to the ball every down. Reminds me of the old great defenses in GA history. Most energetic D since the 2000’s.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Running clock

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
1STUNNA
Waterboy

Post by 1STUNNA »

Maybe I overlooked it, but where is the excuse used by the RV fans that GA wins with their "county" kids? I would take the GAMS 8th grade team to beat RV's varsity team.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

1STUNNA wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:10 am Maybe I overlooked it, but where is the excuse used by the RV fans that GA wins with their "county" kids? I would take the GAMS 8th grade team to beat RV's varsity team.

:roll: :roll: :roll: I am SO SO glad this is the final match-up in this series!!

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
JohnDenver
Riding the Bench

Post by JohnDenver »

1STUNNA wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:10 am Maybe I overlooked it, but where is the excuse used by the RV fans that GA wins with their "county" kids? I would take the GAMS 8th grade team to beat RV's varsity team.
That is the dumbest comment I read on here in years. Your boys are good but not that good.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

RVRaiderFan wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:19 am

:roll: :roll: :roll: I am SO SO glad this is the final match-up in this series!!
I agree. "1STUNNA" only has 16 posts and 15 of them are about Jr. high games so he probably has a kid that transferred from the "county" to GAMS. Much like Burg, Ironton and Jackson down that way , Gallipolis will get their share of good athletes from the outlying areas in a "legal " way and that's all well and good but karma is real. All the adults that ever went to Kyger Creek, North Gallia, Southwestern or Hannan Trace and all the kids that now go to RV and South Gallia should know the drill by now. Gallipolis has and will always be the "big dog" in the county but there's always been a bigger dog out there waiting on them somewhere down the road. :o

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
NoPain23
Freshman Team

Post by NoPain23 »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:55 am

I agree. "1STUNNA" only has 16 posts and 15 of them are about Jr. high games so he probably has a kid that transferred from the "county" to GAMS. Much like Burg, Ironton and Jackson down that way , Gallipolis will get their share of good athletes from the outlying areas in a "legal " way and that's all well and good but karma is real. All the adults that ever went to Kyger Creek, North Gallia, Southwestern or Hannan Trace and all the kids that now go to RV and South Gallia should know the drill by now. Gallipolis has and will always be the "big dog" in the county but there's always been a bigger dog out there waiting on them somewhere down the road. :o
That’s all RV fans have always said and now that there are no RV kids on the team you can’t use that excuse

JohnDenver
Riding the Bench

Post by JohnDenver »

NoPain23 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:41 pm

That’s all RV fans have always said and now that there are no RV kids on the team you can’t use that excuse
Everyone has their reasons where they want to send their kids. When all three schools have open enrollment it shouldn't matter. If anybody wants to be upset about the 'transfer' or the so called 'recruiting' situations they shouldn't be mad at the schools because the parents are making these decisions. Now it should come down to the education but we all know that is not always the case. If parents are transferring their kids to different schools solely on athletics then shame on them. 99.9% of these kids will only play high school sports. I know facilities, winning games and who the coach is matters but ultimately it should come down to whoever offers the best education. Transfers happen all the time, all around the state and as long as its within the rules who cares. Just IMO.

GA by at least 4 TDs.

Native Blood
JV Team

Post by Native Blood »

Gallia bye a lot, running clock.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body;
but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming:
"WOW...WHAT A RIDE!!!"
UofL
Waterboy

Post by UofL »

I guess you are as ignorant as your post..if you actually knew the kids on the team you would know your statement is bs..nevertheless it really doesn’t matter if it’s done when they are young..but when you have a group of kids who have played with each other since they were old enough to play and a few of they’re best buddies leave and transfer out, it affect the kids more than anything, football lasts a season..and you know the rest..

THEbuckeyes
Freshman Team

Post by THEbuckeyes »

Gallia by a bunch....running clock for sure hope no one has any injuries from either school.

As for Gallia Schedule I like the old SEOAL ideas but if we want to see points go pick up some bigger WV or KY schools that will give you good games Ripley, Parkersburg South, Hurricane, Huntington, Spring Valley, Cabell Midland, South Charleston, George Washington, Capitol, Ashland,Johnson Central
Those schools all are Division 1 or 2 according to OHSAA and normally have winning seasons and go on to the playoffs in there states. Those schools all travel well and are all within an hour drive other than Johnson Central.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Gallia Academy will win by as many as they choose. Being the last game of the series for the foreseeable future, might see a big score put up by Gallia Academy.

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Gallia by boatloads. Would love to see a Waverly Gallia series both in same division and region would make for a good series

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
Rocket Booster
Riding the Bench

Post by Rocket Booster »

Good luck Raiders! Play hard and stay safe

Bigbuckeye52
Waterboy

Post by Bigbuckeye52 »

You aren’t very bright are you?

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

JohnDenver wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:01 pm
NoPain23 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:41 pm

Everyone has their reasons where they want to send their kids. When all three schools have open enrollment it shouldn't matter. If anybody wants to be upset about the 'transfer' or the so called 'recruiting' situations they shouldn't be mad at the schools because the parents are making these decisions. Now it should come down to the education but we all know that is not always the case. If parents are transferring their kids to different schools solely on athletics then shame on them. 99.9% of these kids will only play high school sports. I know facilities, winning games and who the coach is matters but ultimately it should come down to whoever offers the best education. Transfers happen all the time, all around the state and as long as its within the rules who cares. Just IMO.

GA by at least 4 TDs.

pretty good post

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

blue devils win big

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Gallia should win this pretty easy. But they have a ton of things they need to work to be a really good football team you can’t have another 20 penalties for almost 200 yards and a ton of mental mistakes

Swiftly&Quickly13
Waterboy

Post by Swiftly&Quickly13 »

RV talking that smack on Twitter

Blue/92
Riding the Bench

Post by Blue/92 »

svac83 wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:10 pm Gallia should win this pretty easy. But they have a ton of things they need to work to be a really good football team you can’t have another 20 penalties for almost 200 yards and a ton of mental mistakes
Should win? Gallia will definitely win this one. Yes, they have a few things to tighten up as its only week 2. About 1/2 of those flags called last week were bullshit calls if you were watching the game. I can see Gallia trying a few different things this weekend in preparation for Point next week. I believe with a little more work and this team could have a special year. Have to admit this defense is quick and they could have a special year.

Return to “Football”