SEOPS HO

Re: WK3 River Valley @ Portsmouth

Post by biggdowgg »

AD posted , 730 it is

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

I liked the 7:30 kick, I miss when it was a permanent thing.

RVRaiderFan
All State

Post by RVRaiderFan »

Yes, time has been changed back to 7:30pm

Once A Raider, Always A Raider!
BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Any truth to the rumor that Parker isn’t playing tonight?

Burnsdad#1
Waterboy

Post by Burnsdad#1 »

Parker will play why wouldn’t he . Just normal typical rumor mill

Alumboy
Waterboy

Post by Alumboy »

Parker has been cleared to play

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Burnsdad#1 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:54 am Parker will play why wouldn’t he . Just normal typical rumor mill
Well I mean if he’s hurt that’s a pretty good reason for him not to play against a team they would beat with or without him lol. I have no clue how banged up he even is, just what I heard, I’m glad he is cleared to play.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Portsmouth 40 river valley 6. Parker played very very little. Pretty sure he never touched the ball. Or maybe I can’t remember.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
mattash
Site Admin

Re: Portsmouth 40 - 6 River Valley

Post by mattash »

Portsmouth 40 - 6 River Valley

Portsmouth 3-0

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

Thankful the River Valley series is over, nothing to do with the team or fans, they just must be bad luck with the weather. Monsoon last year, lightening tonight lol. On a serious note, I’m not really sure what’s wrong with RV. They have some big boys on that line, the RB was pretty solid. They just can’t seem to put the pieces together, good luck to them the rest of the season. Portsmouth played well, Kaden Davis had a nice game at RB, Parker only played maybe 10 or so snaps, 3 on offense, think those were just him as a decoy, once on special teams and the rest on defense. Bryce Wallace had a nice game, and Drew Roe seems to get better each week. 3-0, best start for the Trojans since 07, 12 long years. Hoping for better weather next Friday as we travel to the Hill.

Who Dey!
Riding the Bench

Post by 645945 »

PTrojan59 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:56 am Thankful the River Valley series is over, nothing to do with the team or fans, they just must be bad luck with the weather. Monsoon last year, lightening tonight lol. On a serious note, I’m not really sure what’s wrong with RV. They have some big boys on that line, the RB was pretty solid. They just can’t seem to put the pieces together, good luck to them the rest of the season. Portsmouth played well, Kaden Davis had a nice game at RB, Parker only played maybe 10 or so snaps, 3 on offense, think those were just him as a decoy, once on special teams and the rest on defense. Bryce Wallace had a nice game, and Drew Roe seems to get better each week. 3-0, best start for the Trojans since 07, 12 long years. Hoping for better weather next Friday as we travel to the Hill.
What is wrong with river valley is footwork. To much reaching and that is a symptom of dead feet. Also lack of speed

14U
S

Post by 14U »

Great job Trojans!! Nice start to the season and going into conference play next week

Black n silver
Waterboy

Post by Black n silver »

Cole Young had a good game for what he was able to work with. Seemed like every play first contact was in the backfield and he had to carry 3 Trojans on his back. The line needs fixed and they need to step up. Hopefully getting back in TVC play will help the Raiders.

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Black n silver wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:46 am Cole Young had a good game for what he was able to work with. Seemed like every play first contact was in the backfield and he had to carry 3 Trojans on his back. The line needs fixed and they need to step up. Hopefully getting back in TVC play will help the Raiders.
I was really surprised with river valleys size. Big kids. And I saw they out rushed gallia when they played. Something is missing and when they find it river valley will win some games.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Black n silver
Waterboy

Post by Black n silver »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:42 pm
Black n silver wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:46 am Cole Young had a good game for what he was able to work with. Seemed like every play first contact was in the backfield and he had to carry 3 Trojans on his back. The line needs fixed and they need to step up. Hopefully getting back in TVC play will help the Raiders.
I was really surprised with river valleys size. Big kids. And I saw they out rushed gallia when they played. Something is missing and when they find it river valley will win some games.
Agreed, they are really close to winning

Bigbuckeye52
Waterboy

Post by Bigbuckeye52 »

I think the raiders are headed in the right direction. They are starting to run the ball better and I think now that they are into the TVC games we will see more competitive games out of the boys.

Sports101
Freshman Team

Post by Sports101 »

Cole Young is the only player to do anything so far in the year.

Edmond Dantes
Riding the Bench

Post by Edmond Dantes »

Only the RV faithful would say things like they aren’t far off from winning and they are on the right track and running the ball better.

News flash - you are averaging 4 points per game, and in reality because of a kickoff return, your offense is averaging 2 points per game. You get out-schemed and out-coached every game, as well as out-played. You do have athletes though, which makes all the stats and outcomes even more discouraging.

Call me crazy, but that’s not what I call trending in the right direction.

Bigbuckeye52
Waterboy

Post by Bigbuckeye52 »

Edmond Dantes wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:54 pm Only the RV faithful would say things like they aren’t far off from winning and they are on the right track and running the ball better.

News flash - you are averaging 4 points per game, and in reality because of a kickoff return, your offense is averaging 2 points per game. You get out-schemed and out-coached every game, as well as out-played. You do have athletes though, which makes all the stats and outcomes even more discouraging.

Call me crazy, but that’s not what I call trending in the right direction.
It’s called being supportive of the boys. Call me crazy but the kids get on here and read this stuff and it does them no good to read negative comments like yours.

Edmond Dantes
Riding the Bench

Post by Edmond Dantes »

Truth hurts.

Return to “Football”