October 11, 2019 Waverly 51 - 7 Valley

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Re: Waverly - Valley

Post by MasterOfNone »

Waverly should take this one, especially since the injury bug has hit Valley. But I don't think this will be an easy game, never is when you play the Indians. Valley would love to come out and spoil Waverlys pursuit of an SOC title and playoff birth. Last years game at Valley, many thought the Tigers would roll over the Indians but it turned out to be a dog fight. Although I haven't seen a lack of focus since Week 3 for the Tigers, they need to continue to take it week by week and not get caught looking ahead to next Friday. Hopefully the Tigers come out and take care of business early and can rest some more for the upcoming weeks. But if they let Valley hang around then they will be in for a fight.

LonelyWinner
Riding the Bench

Post by LonelyWinner »

Waverly 35-7

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I think the biggest improvement for me has been the Tiger defense, especially with the run. They have been playing more aggressive/attacking rather than sitting back waiting. Getting kids back from injuries has helped a bunch.
The O-line, while being extremely young, has been a pleasant surprise - they have done a great job protecting Shanks and opening holes for Shoemaker. Shanks has thrown for nearly 1,000 yards in about 3 1/2 games of work (didn’t play at Fairland, out 3 quarters against Unioto and went out before halftime at West) & Shoemaker has ran for nearly 1,500 yards in 6 games so the O-line has done a great job. Protecting Shanks so he can get the ball to Will Futhey, Phoenix Wolf, Zeke Brown, Mark Stulley, Penn Morrison & Grayson Diener is crucial, as that will open the running game for Shoemaker. When Waverly can spread the passes around to 6-7 receivers that makes it very difficult to defend.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Waverly in this one and its not gonna be close
Last edited by mlittle on Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Tigers - STAY FOCUSED
Remember UNIOTO UNIOTO UNIOTO and what that felt like...…..

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

smurray wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:48 pm Tigers - STAY FOCUSED
Remember UNIOTO UNIOTO UNIOTO and what that felt like...…..
Goosebumps

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Lol

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Valley will show up and play hard, plus they have a great staff. They'll be stubborn for a bit but Waverly will be too much down the stretch.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Waverly has best offense in SOC, they roll here

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Crab's Brother wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:37 pm
will_eye_am74 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:41 pm My grapes aren’t sour and I don’t have a little Johnny on the field but I know a player when I see one and valley has a stud taking the backseat to to a freshman and you can defend it til your blue in the face and call me a hypocrite or what ever big word you find to make your self fell better. When a better player takes a backseat to another player it should be because he better be a ball player and I still yet to be impressed. With that being said I really was just trying with my original post say valley had a lot of talent that was being overlooked but you turned it into something it wasn’t. So the real question here is why so defensive and who is little Johnny because I guess he is being shafted to. The play calling in all wasn’t so bad if you was #1 I mean how many reverses or sweeps did Valley try to run with him ? He got tackled by a kid already on the ground and still kept getting the ball. So what I am getting out of this is valley has no more backs.. not good waverly may just pummel them !! O I didn’t get to watch the game against northwest I was out of town but heard it was a good one
I have missed maybe 10 valley games in 25 years. I've seen a lot. I have to know who this "stud" is. Please give me the name.
Still waiting Willie.........

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Waverly and the Amanda game shocked me. Look for Waverly to continue.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Saw this the other day, very cool. Also, being a father of twins myself, crazy they have two sets of twins. As for the game, I think Waverly will win. Valley will compete and play hard though. I would like to see Valley get the upset win, but I doubt it will happen this year.

Matt77
Varsity

Post by Matt77 »

Too many injuries for Valley. Waverly big.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Tigers need to ignore all the talk about Valley injuries and come and determined and focused.
Tigers have had their share of significant injuries and sit at 5-1. Valley will still give em a fight.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

smurray wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:16 pm Tigers need to ignore all the talk about Valley injuries and come and determined and focused.
Tigers have had their share of significant injuries and sit at 5-1. Valley will still give em a fight.
Typically I would agree with you, as you know....but theyre decimated on the offensive side of the ball. Guys are playing less than 100% simply on pride and love for the program. They'll come out and play hard as always, but it wont be enough this time.

We're all excited for the next 2-3 years, however...

GO Indians!

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Crab's Brother wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:39 am
will_eye_am74 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:41 pm My grapes aren’t sour and I don’t have a little Johnny on the field but I know a player when I see one and valley has a stud taking the backseat to to a freshman and you can defend it til your blue in the face and call me a hypocrite or what ever big word you find to make your self fell better. When a better player takes a backseat to another player it should be because he better be a ball player and I still yet to be impressed. With that being said I really was just trying with my original post say valley had a lot of talent that was being overlooked but you turned it into something it wasn’t. So the real question here is why so defensive and who is little Johnny because I guess he is being shafted to. The play calling in all wasn’t so bad if you was #1 I mean how many reverses or sweeps did Valley try to run with him ? He got tackled by a kid already on the ground and still kept getting the ball. So what I am getting out of this is valley has no more backs.. not good waverly may just pummel them !! O I didn’t get to watch the game against northwest I was out of town but heard it was a good one
I have missed maybe 10 valley games in 25 years. I've seen a lot. I have to know who this "stud" is. Please give me the name.
Still waiting Willie.....................................

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Crab's Brother wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:37 pm
Crab's Brother wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:39 am

Still waiting Willie.....................................
Looks like you’ll be waiting a while....

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

yea, not sure who the "stud" is either, been trying to figure out who it is myself.

Tiger Dad 2021
Riding the Bench

Post by Tiger Dad 2021 »

transplant wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:50 pm yea, not sure who the "stud" is either, been trying to figure out who it is myself.
He dosen't want to let the secert out. Waverly may change thier game plan. Lol

Return to “Football”