TVC Restructuring

thebarlowbandit
All State

Re: TVC Restructuring

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:48 pm Noreply I bash Athens on every post and then delete anything bad about Logan 66
Yep, exactly how these folks work. Logan hasn’t been relative in almost 20 years.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Paladin wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:05 pm I heard the TVC was secretly meeting without Athens. They will restructure into 3 divisions. A small school division, a medium size division and then a large school division with its only member being Athens. Then Athens can invite others like Logan, Jackson, Gallia, Marietta and Warren. Or Athens can schedule others to fill out its games until it opens up the large school division. Either way the TVC solves a major problem now. :lol:
LOL- Athens wouldn't invite those team cause they would have to turn around a run again. Chicken are loose, chickens are loose.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
sfForL
Riding the Bench

Post by sfForL »

loganlocos wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:22 pm The dead giveaway that someone was "making it up" was leaving Warren off the list. They are still probably the most likely of the former SEOAL teams to get back in.
Warren has already joins the ECOL

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

I do know for a fact that Marietta has been meeting with TVC-Ohio principals and superintendents to discuss joining the TVC. Marietta has been visiting the schools in the TVC-Ohio for at least the past few weeks now. So there is some sort of truth to adding teams.

I don't see Gallia leaving the OVC. For the most part, they are having success in multiple sports. I don't see them leaving.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Marietta, Warren, and Fort Frye should all apply together. Love to have a 10 team league

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:27 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:24 pm Be nice if the FAC could get Waverly and Unioto
Would be great but regardless I want Jackson to play Waverly and Unioto in everything.
Ok, now Jackson wanting to do what Athens did 12 years ago. Waverly had a trial run in the SEOAL many years ago and other than basketball when Coach Hawhee was there they weren't near the top in other sports. The OVC, SOC and SVC conferences aren't going to go the way of the TVC and make changes every 3 or 4 years. In the old days for many decades Chillicothe was the only real outlier amongst SEO schools as they played Central Ohio schools but now Warren & Logan are homeless, Marietta was basically a gypsy for a long time and had to go north and Gallipolis, Jackson and Athens found conferences where they can pretty much name the score in a lot of sports. It's funny but the old OVC schools wouldn't even consider letting Ironton or Portsmouth in for decades until they lost so much population that it became a no brainer. Ahh, the old SEOAL is no more but their schools are still making big impacts in the SEO sports landscape. If Athens hadn't cut and ran who knows what might have been ? 8-)

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:52 am
Raider6309 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:24 pm Be nice if the FAC could get Waverly and Unioto
Would be great but regardless I want Jackson to play Waverly and Unioto in everything.
Ok, now Jackson wanting to do what Athens did 12 years ago. Waverly had a trial run in the SEOAL many years ago and other than basketball when Coach Hawhee was there they weren't near the top in other sports. The OVC, SOC and SVC conferences aren't going to go the way of the TVC and make changes every 3 or 4 years. In the old days for many decades Chillicothe was the only real outlier amongst SEO schools as they played Central Ohio schools but now Warren & Logan are homeless, Marietta was basically a gypsy for a long time and had to go north and Gallipolis, Jackson and Athens found conferences where they can pretty much name the score in a lot of sports. It's funny but the old OVC schools wouldn't even consider letting Ironton or Portsmouth in for decades until they lost so much population that it became a no brainer. Ahh, the old SEOAL is no more but their schools are still making big impacts in the SEO sports landscape. If Athens hadn't cut and ran who knows what might have been ? 8-)
False on the FAC and Jackson dominating. Jackson is very happy with its new home and new rivals . Good luck to all

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Raider6309 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:48 pm Noreply I bash Athens on every post and then delete anything bad about Logan 66
any proof to this statement about deleting?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

it’s been deleted

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Raider6309 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:16 pm it’s been deleted
What was it/them so I can look it up

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:52 am
What? We are perfectly fit across the sports for our league and Waverly/Unioto are teams Jackson should always play in my opinion....plus it was only my opinion. Jackson is now in a good cycle of better athletes as our seniors, sophomores and 8th are strong. This is not typical.

Yes Jackson is typically way better at football but we haven’t dominated this league either (night this year) but across the sports we aren’t “naming any scores”

Waverly basketball, baseball, softball, volleyball, track, XC are all as good as or better than Jackson most years. I’m not sure on soccer or if they even have wrestling. Golf and tennis similar.

I’d say Unioto is better across the sports than Jackson.

Last year we won the FAC in golf (horrible league) and softball (not strong league)....near the bottom in track and XC, near bottom in baseball, basketball was in the mix for 2nd. Wrestling...our best team ever finished 3rd. We aren’t naming any scores except for a couple football games this year.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

FAC might use a school/schools a little closer to Hillsboro and McClain. Not looking at a map, but it seem Jackson, Chillicothe, Miami Trace and Washington are more northern than the other two or closer to each other. Someone in the FAC might know more about that. When I was in school Jackson seemed to always be there in Football, Basketball and Baseball.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Paladin wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:05 pm I heard the TVC was secretly meeting without Athens. They will restructure into 3 divisions. A small school division, a medium size division and then a large school division with its only member being Athens. Then Athens can invite others like Logan, Jackson, Gallia, Marietta and Warren. Or Athens can schedule others to fill out its games until it opens up the large school division. Either way the TVC solves a major problem now. :lol:
Shhhhh, you weren't supposed to say anything about this. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Almost Champions
Freshman Team

Post by Almost Champions »

I was told that reps from Marietta came to a secret meeting in Racine to discuss possible entry into the TVC. Isn’t this in violation of conference by laws? Seems like a dangerous for an admin who may be brokering a new conference for his school anyway.

1980-82.....the glory days of Southern basketball. We almost did it!
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Almost Champions wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:47 pm I was told that reps from Marietta came to a secret meeting in Racine to discuss possible entry into the TVC. Isn’t this in violation of conference by laws? Seems like a dangerous for an admin who may be brokering a new conference for his school anyway.
They at least bring food and wine

dilligaf
S

Post by dilligaf »

Poor horse is down to the bones.

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Raider6309 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:49 pm
Almost Champions wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:47 pm I was told that reps from Marietta came to a secret meeting in Racine to discuss possible entry into the TVC. Isn’t this in violation of conference by laws? Seems like a dangerous for an admin who may be brokering a new conference for his school anyway.
They at least bring food and wine
The good folks from the Racine area can bring some good tomatoes from the "bottoms" along with homegrown flowers which are grown there in bunches nowadays for the table settings during the meeting. :lol:

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

I heard the Jackson burned their bridge many years back--when they were asked to join the TVC--they responded "we will never join that league" its not good enough!!--I heard that many folks in the TVC were upset--and that's why everytime they ask to join now--they are turned away.. Even if other schools try with them. Just don't see many TVC teams wanting to travel to Marietta or Warren--Just too far.

Green 50
Riding the Bench

Post by Green 50 »

vcgrad wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:32 am I heard the Jackson burned their bridge many years back--when they were asked to join the TVC--they responded "we will never join that league" its not good enough!!--I heard that many folks in the TVC were upset--and that's why everytime they ask to join now--they are turned away.. Even if other schools try with them. Just don't see many TVC teams wanting to travel to Marietta or Warren--Just too far.
Time to let old grudges go times change , enrollment changes if you look at past posts from eastern dspy he used to talk about the tvc hocking being a trash league now fort wants to join time to move on do what is best for the tax

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

For football only, whatever schools are eventually left of TVC Hocking should get together with SOC I and explore combining their leagues, or look into a scheduling alliance. Again, would only be for football as other sports wouldn't be feasible due to travel. From what I see, SOC schools are having trouble getting a full schedule and are having to travel halfway across state, or out of state, to get 10 games. Could see each school playing 3 or 4 games against other league's teams first half of season, and then their regular league opponents second half of season.*

Return to “Football”